POTCO Concept Art and Model Art (Christina Jaio and Andrew Kelts)

Do you think they should have added the Jolly Roger Island?

• Total voters
When I have time, I like to Google POTCO Concept Art. I usually find some very interesting things. Below are some of my findings, with work from current concept artist (and website designer/storyline writer) Christina Jaio, and former 3D Art Creator, Andrew Kelts. Note that both Christina and Andrew have politely asked that they would not like their website links posted, so they do not get any messages from players of the game (I.E When is the next update coming? They can't tell you as it would violate their contract, therefore risking loss of their job)

(Original Blog Posts:http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki...ncept_Art_and_Models_-_Work_By_Christina_Jaio -

Christina's Work:

Jolly Roger's Fort
154570_Lhwp4aOCpljyWur6oJ1meUiDu.jpg

The idea was first conceived in Spring of 2010. But due to the project being too pricy, the POTCO Developers cut this from development (As said by Christina, below)
Screen_Shot_2012-01-06_at_12.27.06_PM.png
Spanish Tattoo Variations
154570_03ZmVFNMuoo6_y8xIcoFYnkER.jpg
Mysterious Island Map Icon (Raven's Cove Teaser which appeared in-between Fishing and RC Updates)

154570_xrWm38POcM2nv0ho1g_XBJp4j.jpg

Special Weapon Skill Icons:
154570_W8k57v_cvSjhCJF92d02hoMUT.jpg
Andrew' Work:

(Andrew has posted countless Items, here is the full list. Ill only post some of his work below, if you want to see more, say so below
  • Shaving Brush
  • Destroyed Shack
  • Rocks off Coast of RC 1
  • Rocks off Coast of RC 2
  • Fabric Roll
  • Bracelet Stand
  • RC Dock Screenshot
  • El Patron's Ship Screenshot
  • El Patron's Ship Cove Screenshot
  • New PDF Docks Screenshot
  • Nnew PR Docks Screenshot
  • Las Pulgas (Darkhart) Screenshot
  • RC Rock off Coast 3
  • RC Fantifico Courtyard Screenshot
  • RC Fallen Bridge Screenshot
  • Ring Box
  • Mine Elevator Top
  • Mine Elevator Bottom
  • Spanish Isle Loading Screen
  • Scissors
  • Yarn Balls
  • Rocks off RC 4
  • Mine Elevator Ramp
  • Spinning Wheel
  • Jeweler Cabinet
  • Lean-to (Monger Morton's Supply "Shack")
  • Mine Elevator Basket
  • RC Bridge
  • El Patron's Ship Boarding Ramp
  • PR Bridge
  • Thread Spools
  • Barbor Table
  • Barbor Strop
  • Barbor Razor
  • Thread Spool Rack
  • Mannequins
  • Fabric Scraps
  • Prison Cage (Unrealeased Content, I think)
  • Navy Bridge
  • Barbor Table 2
  • Jewelry Bust
  • RC Mine Tracks leading to Elevator Screenshot
My my, a lot, yes?

piratesOnline_26.jpg

piratesOnline_15.jpg
piratesOnline_14.jpg

Details About Andrew

I was able to chat a little with Andrew. It seems he was a long time developer (since Nov. 07 I believe) He enjoyed very much making Raven's Cove. He additionally plays the game from time to time (not as a GM)

So there you have it! : D

Thank you. Since I don't come on here much, I'm not too familiar with how stuff works. I can't seem to find an edit thread button, can you tell me where it is?

You can only edit posts 5 minutes after initial post. But for future reference, it will be located beside the "Report" under you signature.

They should make the island so that it takes a whole guild of people just to make it to the end. As in a few enemies only but each enemy on that island is crazy strong so it takes a huge amount of people to get to jolly. It should be a treasure map if anything like the black pearl.

I agree it would fit in with the storyline since we have to kill Jolly Roger with one of El Patron's Cursed weapons. We could go to his island (infiltrate) it, and then kill him. Hence the end of Jolly Roger. :fight:

Wow that looks great and it looks like those two put a lot of work into their ideas. That first picture looked pretty epic and I think that would be really cool in the game. HOWEVER, agreeing with what Bobby had said, it looks like money is their main problem atm, and I would rather see them put that money towards fixing bugs and making the game run more smoothly.

"I have a dream ...

... that one day Disney would see that Potco has the potential to be as great as other leading MMORPG games out there
... that one day Disney top management would take a step to say, "Enough mediocity with Potco! We will take over and be the top game!"
... that one day Disney top management would pour out funding for Potco and decide to have a complete overhaul for the strategy, team, game development
... that one day all good ideas for story lines, characters, game features proposed by the game designers and creators would be executed
... that one day all faithful players would be able to enjoy developing contents and stabil quality and it would enhance our gaming experience and attract more players"

~~~

I have no doubt now that Disney Potco has enough of talented conceptors, illustrators and developers if they want to bring this game up to date and to compete with any other game out there, IF the management put enough attention to it. Those are amazing concepts, and I could only say, if only ... Thank you for this eye-opener, Johnny!
And thanks for teasing us for something that we would not get ... for now ... hopefully ... ;)

Management team should learn from how other games gain their top popularity; spend some serious funding on the game development, sell it to the customers (yes, we would have to pay up front, like Star Wars The Old Republic). With the good quality game, customers would pay, and we would even be willing to pay membership every month if the game is worth our money! There! Money making strategy found. Now, it's only the willingness and commitment for the top management to strategize, in order to revive this Potco!

I found myself staring at detailed work of Christina, that she said she did in Adobe Photoshop CS3 ... hmm ... I changed my mind; I would've not liked it to work for the team where my 'bright' ideas would not go anywhere and hit the wall of $$$ ...

Management team should learn from how other games gain their top popularity; spend some serious funding on the game development, sell it to the customers (yes, we would have to pay up front, like Star Wars The Old Republic). With the good quality game, customers would pay, and we would even be willing to pay membership every month if the game is worth our money! There! Money making strategy found. Now, it's only the willingness and commitment for the top management to strategize, in order to revive this Potco!
I agree. If they can produce some quality than customers will pay. MMO games are supposed to do 3 things for the owner. Most important being income. A subscription game would not exists if it didn't have an income from players. Second, pay the workers. Third, fund the development of the game itself. Most successful games are able to achieve all these. Why? Because players will pay for something that's worth the money. Potco however, seems to be lacking everything and Disney's strategy isn't really working to their benefit. If the developers come up with a plan that includes fixing the game where game play is smooth and fun to play, add content that is for old and new players, increase levels, difficulty for special areas, etc., than more players will pay. The way i see their strategy is by adding content at a very slow rate, bad game play with issues, one sided content, etc, and still expect to have a good income. You can kind of tell how good a game is by your first impression. Right now, the POTCO environment isn't that great to make a good impression to attract paying players.

Thank you. Since I don't come on here much, I'm not too familiar with how stuff works. I can't seem to find an edit thread button, can you tell me where it is?
I'm curious to see how the entire process goes with them coming up with an idea for a storyline. Do they have a list? Do they bring back scrapped ideas? Was bringing new islands a scrapped idea at once and then brought back? For example: Raven's Cove. It's something unfortunately that I will never find out. Oh well. But I love the entire Jolly Roger Island idea, very sad that they're low on $$$ at the moment. :/

My advice to Disney is to fix the problems they have before bringing in new updates. It might make people mad because we all like new stuff. But at least the problem will be fixed and then they can spend all there time on updates without having to go back and forth.

Reactions: LEO
My advice to Disney is to fix the problems they have before bringing in new updates. It might make people mad because we all like new stuff. But at least the problem will be fixed and then they can spend all there time on updates without having to go back and forth.
which is why I suggested to Bobby in another thread that we write a letter to the game saying that they should close it down for a matter of time to add better software instead of Windows 2000 or whatever they're using and fix lag etc.

which is why I suggested to Bobby in another thread that we write a letter to the game saying that they should close it down for a matter of time to add better software instead of Windows 2000 or whatever they're using and fix lag etc.

I support this idea 100%. I wouldn't mind waiting days, weeks, or even a month for them to update their software and greatly improve the game's performance.

Back