POTCO Concept Art and Model Art (Christina Jaio and Andrew Kelts)

Do you think they should have added the Jolly Roger Island?

• Total voters
I'm having some speculations that the Jolly Roger Island now has a green light. (For details, see here: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Dentface/Jolly_Roger_Speculations) They may have more funds now than they did in 2010, since the release of OST brought fundings, (whether it was bc of the POTC franchise revival, or because they got an influx of players) which was proven by their mini ad campaign on the internet for the QAR. Perhaps Christina saying they would reconsider was a hint. Also Jolly's "Big Plans" that were hinted in the Looking Over the Stern post, could this be the island?

I'm having some speculations that the Jolly Roger Island now has a green light. (For details, see here: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Dentface/Jolly_Roger_Speculations) They may have more funds now than they did in 2010, since the release of OST brought fundings, (whether it was bc of the POTC franchise revival, or because they got an influx of players) which was proven by their mini ad campaign on the internet for the QAR. Perhaps Christina saying they would reconsider was a hint. Also Jolly's "Big Plans" that were hinted in the Looking Over the Stern post, could this be the island?
IF it is true, I give it at LEAST 2 years lol. I don't think the game can handle more islands or other big stuff with this software/engine/servers... Took 3 years for the First New island (Ravens Cove) so if anything, it would probably take another 3 years from late 2010 to add a new islands. At least, if they keep going with this type of technology and development.

I have a feeling that if the game is still running 5 years from now, It will still be compatible with windows 2000...

I think the best way for Disney to keep people happy well the fix the problems would be to give us small things. A few more loot spots. A few more Legendary or Famed Weapons. Or bring the old body types back something simple that wont crash there systems but that will make us Pirates happy. And give us hope that they are listening to there customers ideas.

Wow, Those concepts look incredible.

Just like Jade mentioned. POTCO has talented developers with great ideas. The problem is the funding for such updates. That is what slows down updates from making it to the game.

IMHO, in order to make a few extra bucks they should sale big update patches with new content kinda like other major online games. I wouldnt mind paying a one time fee (plus the monthly sub) for a huge update which would contain large amounts of quest, other islands, new characters ect ect.

But before any updates such as those, their priority should be in upgrading their servers to those that can handle the amount of content and players it would bring.

I think the best way for Disney to keep people happy well the fix the problems would be to give us small things. A few more loot spots. A few more Legendary or Famed Weapons. Or bring the old body types back something simple that wont crash there systems but that will make us Pirates happy. And give us hope that they are listening to there customers ideas.
It has remained not quite a year yet since you have stated this - Francis - and as most of us have discovered, the "little" things provided are actually having the opposite affect on the majority of POTCO players' happiness (at least from the discussions made recently here on the forums).

Back