POTCO Infinite Update

Atlas

Buccaneer
Tested parser for errors (many still exist) and displayed full panda3d models without using panda3d dependencies.

SLFoaMg.png

Still no texture support yet but it is to come. Uses Vertex Buffer Objects and runs off your GPU (is available) for higher fps.

Current flaws. Interpreter takes 5-10 seconds to load a single model. Will be improved.
Movement in a 3D world is also present.

For the next update -
Textures will be added.

What I need.
What is the first element that should be present in POTCO Infinite?
Tutorial? A Map?

Thanks for the support.

OpenGL is just a rendering API, it can be used with Panda3D, and it was used with POTCO. Also I'm confused as to why you chose to pair it with Java of all languages.

OpenGL is just a rendering API, it can be used with Panda3D, and it was used with POTCO. Also I'm confused as to why you chose to pair it with Java of all languages.
Bart, Java is a very dynamic and impressive language. There is much hatred about it ( Especially from the C++/C#/C crowd ) But it really is fantastic for games. It gives you what I think is a really good balance of power and ease of use. OpenGL is a beautiful graphics API, so if the game coded well, you can get comparable performance to any C game while still taking less time to develop. Especially using modern hardware and IDE's.

What I need.
What is the first element that should be present in POTCO Infinite?
Tutorial? A Map?

Thanks for the support.
@Atlas - This is just a suggestion, mate, but you would gain "more" support for your emulator if you would take a moment to introduce yourself to the ex-POTCO community and provide some sense of background during your time spent on POTCO. :)

Bart, Java is a very dynamic and impressive language. There is much hatred about it ( Especially from the C++/C#/C crowd ) But it really is fantastic for games. It gives you what I think is a really good balance of power and ease of use. OpenGL is a beautiful graphics API, so if the game coded well, you can get comparable performance to any C game while still taking less time to develop. Especially using modern hardware and IDE's.

Python would be the most common to use. Also I would suggest Astron as an engine, but panda3d would work too.

Heed not the voices that dismiss your work, noble man mcPerson guy! For 'tis thy works that will take the update-page by storm upon the re-release of the game!

Now sally-forth and do something important whilst I talk to myself about the importance of fruit in politics.

@jcortex159 why python? you seem to have no support to any of your statements making them completely useless. Why Astron? Why panda3d? if you want to convince evidence and support are key.

Tell me, Atlas the las of At-ness. On the project, are you currently working on textures, scripting, models, or server code?

Tell me, Atlas the las of At-ness. On the project, are you currently working on textures, scripting, models, or server code?
server code bugs, a story line lol cause i have no idea how it went again, and yea a few scripting errors cause im swiching over all the panda3d egg files to DirectX files.

Im pretty sure there is a .txt file when you decompile the phase1.mf. It is called something like "QuestScripts" that will give you every quest in the game and the files and text that was loaded for them.

Back