POTCO Infinite

Are you interested

• Total voters

Atlas

Buccaneer
Do you guys remember POTCO? Remember what it looked like? The community? Well I believe POTCO Rewritten is not doing a good job at bringing it back, the game that they have created does not seem, feel or look the same way as the original POTCO.

I am starting up POTCO Infinite. POTCO online will be free to play with all the original contents of POTCO, no sound changes, no graphics changes, none of that, just the original POTCO. I have researched many threads over the Internet on what would make a better remake of POTCO. I have taken account to all of these ideas noted noted them down.

Some changes that will be happening is it will not be using Panda3D as a game engine. Panda3D was a big problem with POTCO. I will be using OpenGL to create the game. The original BAM/EGG files will still be used giving the game its original look. I have already developed a very early stage BAM/EGG interpreter to load the Panda3D BAM files. These BAM files only are used to reference geometry of the object. No Panda3D libraries or rendering will be used.

PDUamnj.png

There is a downside. I am in need of other Java/C++ developers as I can not complete this project in a timely fashion without others. I am also in need of supporters. If this project does not get enough support I will drop it so please vote on the poll to voice your opinion.

If you are interested in contributing please send me a PM with some of your work and your application will be considered to join the team. Thank You for reading and voicing your opinion.

To better gauge the level of "support" ye are truly seeking out, why not introduce yourself to the community and permit us to understand a little more about you? :confused:

For instance:

• Who were your pirates that you played with on POTCO
  • What POTCO level and associated guild were involved with these pirates of yours
  • What year(s) did you play POTCO (i.e., pertinent 'background' information)
  • Whom, along with you, will likely contribute to the actual development of the emulator
~ Such information would only benefit you in the end as others discover and learn more about your emulator.

I SUPPORT THEE FOR ATTEMPTING/MAYBE ACTUALLY " REVIVING " OUR NOW DEAD POTCO. I wish you good luck in your journey m8. I hope you succeed ;D
Thank you. Today I have almost finished the interpreter for the Panda3D bam models and it now draws the raw polygons without textures without relying on any panda3d.

It is estimated that POTCO Rewritten will be released between December 2014 and February 2015. Do you think that POTCO Infinite will be released before then?

Lol.

Also, what's POTCO Rewritten? Last time I checked, there was only Pirates Online Rewritten.

Last edited:
Do you guys remember POTCO? Remember what it looked like? The community? Well I believe POTCO Rewritten is not doing a good job at bringing it back, the game that they have created does not seem, feel or look the same way as the original POTCO.

I am starting up POTCO Infinite. POTCO online will be free to play with all the original contents of POTCO, no sound changes, no graphics changes, none of that, just the original POTCO. I have researched many threads over the Internet on what would make a better remake of POTCO. I have taken account to all of these ideas noted noted them down.

Some changes that will be happening is it will not be using Panda3D as a game engine. Panda3D was a big problem with POTCO. I will be using OpenGL to create the game. The original BAM/EGG files will still be used giving the game its original look. I have already developed a very early stage BAM/EGG interpreter to load the Panda3D BAM files. These BAM files only are used to reference geometry of the object. No Panda3D libraries or rendering will be used.

PDUamnj.png

There is a downside. I am in need of other Java/C++ developers as I can not complete this project in a timely fashion without others. I am also in need of supporters. If this project does not get enough support I will drop it so please vote on the poll to voice your opinion.

If you are interested in contributing please send me a PM with some of your work and your application will be considered to join the team. Thank You for reading and voicing your opinion.

"I will be using OpenGL to create the game." ~ erm... Panda3D uses OpenGL(just putting that out there).
"Panda3D was a big problem with POTCO." ~ How so?
"picture-here" ~ Never release pictures of your code. You'll have folk stealing your code.
"Infinite" ~ Are you collaborating with "Toontown Infinite"?

I wish you and the other(5 or so?) POTCO remakes the best of luck.

Last edited:
Back