POTCO Infinite

Are you interested

• Total voters
"I will be using OpenGL to create the game." ~ erm... Panda3D uses OpenGL(just putting that out there).
"Panda3D was a big problem with POTCO." ~ How so?
"picture-here" ~ Never release pictures of your code. You'll have folk stealing your code.
"Infinite" ~ Are you collaborating with "Toontown Infinite"?

I wish you and the other(5 or so?) POTCO remakes the best of luck.
Ayyyy m8s don' be jerks :p ( although Mike wasn't being too much of a jerk ;) ) you should encourage and support POTCO/Pirates Online remakes/revivals! ;D

Well, how is this coming along? Are you still not using a proper game engine for this? Hoping this will go somewhere now that every other project is dead.

Well, how is this coming along? Are you still not using a proper game engine for this? Hoping this will go somewhere now that every other project is dead.

Lovely, switching somebody who is giving it a shot.

I may not be a proper member, but I can say - you are being a bit of a knob, trying to get this guy to just give up.

Have a snickers, lad.

Lovely, switching somebody who is giving it a shot.

I may not be a proper member, but I can say - you are being a bit of a knob, trying to get this guy to just give up.

Have a snickers, lad.

My post wasn't meant to be angry or offensive...it was a genuine question hoping that his project was still going somewhere...

Ah, in which case please forgive my hasty rebuke. I had read quite a few 'abandon all hope' comments and I thought yours fell under that category.

Ye've my apologies.

@jcortez1594 yes this project is in still active development. And it is not your decision what game engine we use so please don't make that argument without hard evidence that creating our own engine using java and OpenGL is not proper thank you. We are working out some kinks with our server currently and also privately developing a webpage. As for the game, it is coming along very well currently running at 60fps with full textures and full world range. We use VBO's to direct all graphics traffic to your (if present) to your GPU for fast data. Currently the game is about 560MB big and loads data in chunks of 120MB to memory. Sometimes we exceed that memory limit and it crashes. We need a story line though. So if you are willing to plot out the game again it is much appreciated.

Last edited:
@jcortez1594 yes this project is in still active development. And it is not your decision what game engine we use so please don't make that argument without hard evidence that creating our own engine using java and OpenGL is not proper thank you. We are working out some kinks with our server currently and also privately developing a webpage. As for the game, it is coming along very well currently running at 60fps with full textures and full world range. We use VBO's to direct all graphics traffic to your (if present) to your GPU for fast data. Currently the game is about 560MB big and loads data in chunks of 120MB to memory. Sometimes we exceed that memory limit and it crashes. We need a story line though. So if you are willing to plot out the game again it is much appreciated.
I could gather a pool of friends and get you a story if you'd like. Though I must ask, will characters such as Jack & Jolly appear in-game? 'Twould help with making the guidelines for the story.

I could gather a pool of friends and get you a story if you'd like. Though I must ask, will characters such as Jack & Jolly appear in-game? 'Twould help with making the guidelines for the story.

yes that would be very nice. but for your story i need to know about tasks and so on to make it complete. i guess jack & jolly could appear in-game if you wanted.

yes that would be very nice. but for your story i need to know about tasks and so on to make it complete. i guess jack & jolly could appear in-game if you wanted.
I am a extremely good reader & writer, message me if you want help.

P.S. Why not just use the original POTCO story line? :)

do you have the original storyline?
you don't have it?...
here..? idk?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_Online#Quests
or http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Quest:_Set_Sail
or watch this guys lets play of POTCO to try to see the beginnings tasks, watch from part 1 to end or something https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeX8XjegElkudYa7Qr2ZW5g
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Quest:_The_Black_Pearl_Crew
want me to just do a ton of research for u m8? .-.

Last edited:
Do you guys have a website or blog of the development info? Also would you be willing to post some screenshots, I would love to see this game. Ever since another remake closed I have been looking for a new game. Anyways, thanks!

Hold-est on, do you need a story for the quests that you've got already, or do you need a story to base quests around?

Back