POTCO Infinite

Are you interested

• Total voters
Hold-est on, do you need a story for the quests that you've got already, or do you need a story to base quests around?
I'm pretty sure he is recreating POTCO. So wouldn't he use the Black Pearl and Raven's Cove quests?.. o_o
If he is using some other storyline.. then.. it better be very very well written.

I'm pretty sure he is recreating POTCO. So wouldn't he use the Black Pearl and Raven's Cove quests?.. o_o
If he is using some other storyline.. then.. it better be very very well written.
Well I never said I'd have at it alone :D My 'skill' if one could call it that is coming up for background lore & reasons for characters to do A B or C. I myself only know the basics of what happened around the Black Pearl and Raven's Cove, so I'd need to do a good chunk of reading to fill in the blanks.

What i want to know is whether or not it is an exact replica of POTCO running on a different engine (don't like the idea a different engine). If it is the same game on a different engine that's fine by me as long as not much is different. With 60fps and no lag like the original potco that would be nice.

What i want to know is whether or not it is an exact replica of POTCO running on a different engine (don't like the idea a different engine). If it is the same game on a different engine that's fine by me as long as not much is different. With 60fps and no lag like the original potco that would be nice.
it will be an exact replica just on a different engine

Lets get some type of Potco game going . I dont care if I have to pay to play it. I dont care what you call it or what charactors you dont have from the original. I just want it back! No other game had the teamwork and cooperative spirit that potco had. The teamwork from Gunning on ship , repairing the ship, Being able to take the wheel if the captain should happen to go off line
the teamwork in SVS, Being able to heal others and support them while leveling up, and the mass team work and Joint effort defending the town from Jolly and his Minions has never even come close to that companionship in all the games I have ever played since Potco.

Agreed. I love PotBS but the land combat for it is horrible and long drawn out tactical ship battles are only fun for so long... some times you want to just use ramming speed to knock down some navy ferrets xD

Yikes doubke post.. 2nd post here

Agreed, this is one of our last hopes. another remake used to be but they are hiding everything now and told me they plan not to ever have a dedicated forum... :/ So let's get this project going and hopefully bring our servers up for beta at least on sept 19th :D

Last edited:
I have POTCO source, It just needs to work with astron for the servers, and the coding needs to be upgraded python 2.7 and panda3d 1.8.1 for security.
I have someone doing this, if he abandons it, someone here might be able to help?

I would use Panda 1.9 if I were you.
It has mayor improvements, I might dare to say, even an overhaul.
It will be soon released as official release, however development builds are
really stable. Also to use Astron you have to compile Panda by yourself, and that version is 1.9 already.

I would use Panda 1.9 if I were you.
It has mayor improvements, I might dare to say, even an overhaul.
It will be soon released as official release, however development builds are
really stable. Also to use Astron you have to compile Panda by yourself, and that version is 1.9 already.

Not that it matters to the POI dev team, since they don't plan to use Panda (not sure about Astron, no info on their server efforts yet):

To date Astron has not been tested with 1.9 as far as I know, only 1.8.1. And there is a pre-built Panda (1.8.1) available for download that is known to work with Astron.

You DO need to work out all the details on how to build an Astron executable to use it of course. The Astron team has very kindly made the code open source, and have also posted some general build instructions, but the devil is in the details as they like to say.

Sorry to stay off-topic, just wanted to clarify the info above.

BTW question for the POI team, what are your plans for the server side of your system?

Back