Potco is Closed again

closed2.JPG

Give them some slack, the update is huge. It's not easy to do what they do.. Used to be my career. It's hard.
It is so glitchy they should not of released it yet. It is my career too sometimes it is hard but one of the BIGGEST rules is Never ever publish a update when there are many known glitches.

It is so glitchy they should not of released it yet. It is my career too sometimes it is hard but one of the BIGGEST rules is Never ever publish a update when there are many known glitches.
Ik, I am in no way supporting when they released it. No bugs is nearly impossible, but it has too many. Lost 5 rares and 7 skulls in one run because of their release date.

The good thing is they are keeping us to date with the messages. And they pretty much are following their schedule.

Mates please do not get over impatient while they work. What they are doing is necessary and hopefully making the game better. Just stay calm and wait for it.

Yes but its upsetting because when you make games alot the number one rule is NEVER publish a update with many bugs that are known unless its to testers. The server glitch should of been fixed first. Then the dont repair messages. Im sorry if your going to present something to the general public you better make sure its pretty darn close to perfection because their are alot of critics out there who will voice their opinion. Potco would of been much better off to keep working on the update the release it to test AFTER the holidays and worked on it until about june to make sure it was presentable. THEN, release it to live.

So far this has once again proven that Disneys strategy fails. Once again another premature update that wasn't ready on test and live wasn't strong enough to handle it. This should of stayed on test until it was ready and this was at about 75% ready on test. Would of been way smarter and logical if they waited for just a couple of more weeks or even less to finish strong. While they mess up, we suffer...

They have test where players are basically working for them to make the game better. Even with that, they still keep making mistakes by not fixing the bugs and doing their job. Don't get me wrong, I love this update and i think this is the best addition to the game yet but disappointing the way POTCO staff works on it.

So far this has once again proven that Disneys strategy fails. Once again another premature update that wasn't ready on test and live wasn't strong enough to handle it. This should of stayed on test until it was ready and this was at about 75% ready on test. Would of been way smarter and logical if they waited for just a couple of more weeks or even less to finish strong. While they mess up, we suffer...

They have test where players are basically working for them to make the game better. Even with that, they still keep making mistakes by not fixing the bugs and doing their job. Don't get me wrong, I love this update and i think this is the best addition to the game yet but disappointing the way POTCO staff works on it.
I 100% agree Disney is all about the money and they released the update right before christmas to get people to buy membership. What should of been done was to release the update to TEST; AFTER the holidays so they could work on it month after day after day. Like i said in my other post. This is a great release yes, but i'm sorry the smallest glitch such as the server glitches? Should of been first to fix. It makes Disney and potco look bad.

I'm surprised they don't add back more servers, then players have way more space. IMO, less lag. :fight:
Thats not the problem here. They dont need to add severs at all it will just make more lag and crashes. Because the reason they took those severs out is because there systems cant handle all of them. They should have waited to put this on live till at the least Dec 25 (would have been a nice Christmas gift) But they released it because They released a video... a month later it came to test then on test for a long time (i think it was 2 months). So all that time all these inpatient players were sending Emails, live chatting, and all the messages from Potcos Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter. Imagine all those messages 6 places to message x like 1,000,000 players or more. Thats the reason this was released early Disney tried to make people happy but to early.

I agree!! But even so, I still think that POTCO's staff is getting way too much flak from this, I'm sure they were being bombarded by "release it early" emails and decided that they wanted to show it to the live population by releasing it (maybe even if it's still buggy). Yes.. I agree that it still needs a lot of work, but I find it unfair that people are complaining first that it takes too long to release Ship Customization, and when they try to release it early, people complain about how buggy it is.

I think the best to remind that "gaming" is not one of Disney's major sources of revenue, therefore I'd assume that they have a very small staff and a lower budget for working on online games like these.

Thats not the problem here. They dont need to add severs at all it will just make more lag and crashes. Because the reason they took those severs out is because there systems cant handle all of them. They should have waited to put this on live till at the least Dec 25 (would have been a nice Christmas gift) But they released it because They released a video... a month later it came to test then on test for a long time (i think it was 2 months). So all that time all these inpatient players were sending Emails, live chatting, and all the messages from Potcos Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter. Imagine all those messages 6 places to message x like 1,000,000 players or more. Thats the reason this was released early Disney tried to make people happy but to early.
Yes but this isnt a game to disney this is a BUSINESS. They dont care about lag or players who keep nagging them. Disney released it for the christmas season to get every penny they could. They hire people with some game making experience because it is cheap. Adding servers wouldn't help a bit. Its taking so long because the GMs and the game makers prob designed the other disney games and they cant handle all of them. Another classic move from the mouse. Walt is probably rolling in his grave god bless his soul.

Back