Blog Post PREPARE FOR A FIGHT: PORT ROYAL INVASION!

https://static.tlopo.com/static/img/posts/50d47c5a221271fbc22232230fd000ff.jpg_558x314.jpg
Avast and take heed!

The Crew was attacked on their way to the GM event by Jolly Roger! Gather arms and a crew. Jolly and his undead army have been spotted sailing toward Port Royal with every intent on invasion. We fear the invasion will be at 3:00PM EST on ALL servers! It be time to take up arms and defend our shores.

Keep watch, for these invasions will be happening at various times and on all oceans from here on.

Be sure ye also pick up a new Bayonet to help ye fight them off. Redeem the code ZOMBIE and receive the Zombie Kebab Bayonet to ready yerself for battle. This code will only be ‘round till February 17th, so, act fast! Be sure to have an open space in your inventory before you redeem! If you don’t, you may lose the item!

Rumor has it that Jolly Roger doesn't plan to stop at only Port Royal! In the coming weeks, we will need all hands to help protect our shores from Jolly and his minions. These waters are no longer safe anymore…

It’s time to protect our town; protect our Caribbean! Good luck and fair winds!

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

Weshallfightinvasions.jpg

Logged in. Can't move, even on lowest settings. Can't type fast enough to redeem one of the flash codes. Crashed. Been trying to log back in the past ten minutes. Nice event but I can't take this much fun. Good luck to those that are able to enjoy it

Yeah I've been getting disconnected every single time I even log in and get into port royal. I was in at 2:30pm EST, but immediately disconnected and now it's taking like 20 minutes just to log back in because of possibly an overloaded client and the whole game server not being able to keep up.

I won't be able to attend but I'm willing to bet the servers at getting swarmed by everyone at once XD

Just as a heads up, I had seen a message that said that the developers are working to resolve the present lag issues and login issues, and that they will be having more invasions throughout the rest of the day, so this isn't the only one.

So many people are angry, both on the forums and in the game, about the problems with invasions.
This proves the fact that Mood Rock would have been better to put in when you see how the community reacted vis-à-vis invasions not working properly.
The reasons why bringing back Mood Rock would have been better are as follows:
1. Less lag. Adding Mood Rock back would not have lagged the servers as much. Port Royal would still have been laggy since many pirates would want to see Mood Rock, but the lag would not be to the extremity that we saw with invasions, which would primarily be due to the lack of large quantities of enemies.
2. Universal approval. Invasions were controversial for their lack of proper functioning. The one-time codes also appeared to have received a negative backlash by the community. Almost everyone would like seeing Mood Rock again, and few people would have something to complain about.
3. Easier to add. I'm a piece of code and not a coder, but I would assume that making a rock change colors is easier than what it would take to bring back invasions. Invasions require enemies, the barricades, the Harkaway in the distance, the Governor's Mansion animation when it gets destroyed, etc. Mood Rock just needs some simple colors.

Still, it is good to see the game trying new things, but we should take small steps before trying giant leaps.
Furthermore, we must learn that this is Beta, and not everything is going to work correctly.
I think this my feelings towards the useless bad mood is perfectly summed up here.
Criticism is necessary for a game to grow, but hate only hurts the community.
12.png

The advantage of being a rock on the side of Fort Charles is that when the server resets, everyone crashes while I don't.

So many people are angry, both on the forums and in the game, about the problems with invasions.
This proves the fact that Mood Rock would have been better to put in when you see how the community reacted vis-à-vis invasions not working properly.
The reasons why bringing back Mood Rock would have been better are as follows:
1. Less lag. Adding Mood Rock back would not have lagged the servers as much. Port Royal would still have been laggy since many pirates would want to see Mood Rock, but the lag would not be to the extremity that we saw with invasions, which would primarily be due to the lack of large quantities of enemies.
2. Universal approval. Invasions were controversial for their lack of proper functioning. The one-time codes also appeared to have received a negative backlash by the community. Almost everyone would like seeing Mood Rock again, and few people would have something to complain about.
3. Easier to add. I'm a piece of code and not a coder, but I would assume that making a rock change colors is easier than what it would take to bring back invasions. Invasions require enemies, the barricades, the Harkaway in the distance, the Governor's Mansion animation when it gets destroyed, etc. Mood Rock just needs some simple colors.

Still, it is good to see the game trying new things, but we should take small steps before trying giant leaps.
Furthermore, we must learn that this is Beta, and not everything is going to work correctly.
I think this my feelings towards the useless bad mood is perfectly summed up here.
Criticism is necessary for a game to grow, but hate only hurts the community.
View attachment 100057
The advantage of being a rock on the side of Fort Charles is that when the server resets, everyone crashes while I don't.
Agreed. ADD MOOD ROCK

Personally I find invasions a lot more memorable than some weird rock I've actually never even heard of. The fact that invasions give them a lot more chances to test code, server connections and a whole lot more is honestly far more positives.

Back