PvP / SvS PVP Jumping

Jack Hexskull

Notorious Pirate
After the update to version 1.0.8, when jumping and attacking with swords, you walk instead of run; therefore, no more quick jumping. This means the jumping strategy is no more : (

This is about to make PVP a lot easier for everyone.

In your most recent update, you pushed a change where pirates are now in a "slowed" state whenever they use one of their weapons. Whether it be swinging a sword, throwing a dagger, or attuning someone with a doll, or casting "Blast" with a voodoo staff, the player's pirate enters a "slowed" state of movement.

Here's an example of this happening: https://gyazo.com/c0cdfd317c9a5dc182f75862c0fdb86f

The game is not supposed to be this way. Disney did not have the game coded this way.

I'd like to present some reasons as to why the game should not be like this:

1. It completely negates the point of all weapons with the "Pain Immunity" bonus.

Here's a description of the immunities, including "Pain Immunity":
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Immunity

There are NPCs and bosses that possess abilities which slow your character down by applying the "Pain" debuff, aka the slow.

2. In PvP, when someone hits you with a blade or a bullet, your character acquires the "Pain" debuff. This was a major aspect of PvP.

Being able to freely move around in a "running" state while using your weapon is absolutely essential for PvP, especially jumper PvP. Taking out this mechanic will simplify the game immensely.

3. It is not a "2013 replica" of how Disney had it. You claim to want to bring back Disney's game, but making this change turns it into a game that Disney did not make. We should be able to run freely while using sword combinations, as they intended.

Thank you.

Did they implement this on purpose or ended up becoming a new bug? If it's a bug, they'll obviously fix it.

hopefully it's an unintentional bug that will be fixed soon, because if it was intentionally added as content, there's no possible way to justify it lol
Did they implement this on purpose or ended up becoming a new bug? If it's a bug, they'll obviously fix it.

Yeah, I just wouldn't put it past them to implement something like this tbh, considering tons of people with beta keys haven't been able to connect to their servers since their reopening.

Last edited by a moderator:
In your most recent update, you pushed a change where pirates are now in a "slowed" state whenever they use one of their weapons. Whether it be swinging a sword, throwing a dagger, or attuning someone with a doll, or casting "Blast" with a voodoo staff, the player's pirate enters a "slowed" state of movement.

Here's an example of this happening: https://gyazo.com/c0cdfd317c9a5dc182f75862c0fdb86f

The game is not supposed to be this way. Disney did not have the game coded this way.

I'd like to present some reasons as to why the game should not be like this:

1. It completely negates the point of all weapons with the "Pain Immunity" bonus.

Here's a description of the immunities, including "Pain Immunity":
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Immunity

There are NPCs and bosses that possess abilities which slow your character down by applying the "Pain" debuff, aka the slow.

2. In PvP, when someone hits you with a blade or a bullet, your character acquires the "Pain" debuff. This was a major aspect of PvP.

Being able to freely move around in a "running" state while using your weapon is absolutely essential for PvP, especially jumper PvP. Taking out this mechanic will simplify the game immensely.

3. It is not a "2013 replica" of how Disney had it. You claim to want to bring back Disney's game, but making this change turns it into a game that Disney did not make. We should be able to run freely while using sword combinations, as they intended.

Thank you.

Fun fact, the tire modification was coded by Disney and thrown into the 2013 client. Currently, the aggro update that was deployed on the last patch is what enabled the tire modification. In turn, it improves how the enemies react toward players attacking them.

I've been wondering why the jumper strategy is even an actual strategy at all?

I'm not saying the devs should make this game to easy i'm asking simply because that strategy doesn't seem all that realistic nor do i feel it should be intended especially when it makes hitting your opponent impossible.

I know this is a fantasy game but that just doesn't sit right with me at all.

I've been wondering why the jumper strategy is even an actual strategy at all?

I'm not saying the devs should make this game to easy i'm asking simply because that strategy doesn't seem all that realistic nor do i feel it should be intended especially when it makes hitting your opponent impossible.

I know this is a fantasy game but that just doesn't sit right with me at all.
It's not really a strategy it just is in the game, I think it makes pvp tougher and I really can't see why I can't run while using a weapon if you can do it in real life then why not in a pirate game?

Back