Quest for Captain Teague (06/07/13)

Important: Anyone hoping to save their dbl XP for a later time: The quest is simple, but I will warn you, as soon as you sink the 1 ship it requires, the dbl xp timer starts ticking..
I thought you would have to turn the quest in to someone, but No :eek: Sadly, the time started depleting as soon as the ship was sunk. If you're going to do the quest with hopes to save your dbl xp for another time, kill your 3 rock crabs, witchdoctor, and do not sink the ship until you are ready to use the dbl XP. Wish I had known. :confused:

Important: Anyone hoping to save their dbl XP for a later time: The quest is simple, but I will warn you, as soon as you sink the 1 ship it requires, the dbl xp timer starts ticking..
I thought you would have to turn the quest in to someone, but No :eek: Sadly, the time started depleting as soon as the ship was sunk. If you're going to do the quest with hopes to save your dbl xp for another time, kill your 3 rock crabs, witchdoctor, and do not sink the ship until you are ready to use the dbl XP. Wish I had known. :confused:

I consider that it is better to start the quest and not visit Giladoga! :confused:

I consider that it is better to start the quest and not visit Giladoga! :confused:
I had to visit Giladoga when doing the Pearl. I wasn't paying attention when I went to turn in the quest, and I got the next part of the Father's Day Quest...

So be careful!! :flag1:

Let me ask you all this, since I forgot what I did last year. I refrain from shooting down a Navy frigate or galleon as the last part of freeing Capt Teague, because that will start the clock for the 3-hour Double XP. On my journal, I changed the highlighted one on another quest, but it requires me to sink a Navy ship. If I were to do that other quest, would that count as a completion on freeing Capt Teaque? I just want to make sure ...

If it does, then I am stuck. I want to keep this double XP until I have time to do it later this weekend, but now I can't move on to other quests that need Navy ships then ...

Hint (for those of us who hope for updates) - follow the whole Father's Day quest EXCEPT the last two parts:
Visit Bronze John (don't do this)
Sink a Navy Frigate

re: You can postpone the 2X rep until you are ready to use it. I still have this in my Mastered pirates journals - just in case they ever raise the cap! :treasure:

Ooooooh! Forgot I have that one or two of those in my inventory - guess who's going to Tormenta tonight? ;)

But to your question Kelly - I dunno... :oops:

Back