Questions - talk

-TheKnight-

Pirate Apprentice
Hello everyone,
As a start to this post, I would like to ask when is the game going to be released?
I know this is a simple question and I also don't really wish an answer just yet. Just a few minutes ago I have made my account here, as I wanted to see what is happening - I was involved in another recreation attempt of potco but it was a money fraud ( POTHS ) - and as such I fallowed a few youtube channels in order to see what's up. And what I am sceptical about is wheter this game is going to be happening or not - since the game got shut down it has been a lot of time and don't get my wrong - i am quite hyped for this - but let's be serios it doesn't take that much time to remake a game that you have already played, I am not talking about re writting the code, I am specificly talking about things as simple as copy and paste in certain situations. Ofc most peple will act like if it is so easy why u don't do it yourself? I understand this answer and it makes perfect sense but tbh ask yourlsef for how long is this TLOPO up and how much they have done...
In conclusion, I would like a kind answer to when is this game going to be let's say open beta...?
Also as a shoutout so to to say, why it takes 1-2 months to fix a few bugs? Which are again errors in the code , in 15-20 minutes those errors can be fixed by editing a part of the code or a path - the reason to my post is just to get an answer and hopefully raise some awarness that most people want this game back, and even if probably no one makes profit - it is still worth it.

Hello everyone,
As a start to this post, I would like to ask when is the game going to be released?
I know this is a simple question and I also don't really wish an answer just yet. Just a few minutes ago I have made my account here, as I wanted to see what is happening - I was involved in another recreation attempt of potco but it was a money fraud ( POTHS ) - and as such I fallowed a few youtube channels in order to see what's up. And what I am sceptical about is wheter this game is going to be happening or not - since the game got shut down it has been a lot of time and don't get my wrong - i am quite hyped for this -

but let's be serios it doesn't take that much time to remake a game that you have already played, I am not talking about re writting the code, I am specificly talking about things as simple as copy and paste in certain situations. Ofc most peple will act like if it is so easy why u don't do it yourself? I understand this answer and it makes perfect sense but tbh ask yourlsef for how long is this TLOPO up and how much they have done...

In conclusion, I would like a kind answer to when is this game going to be let's say open beta...?
Also as a shoutout so to to say, why it takes 1-2 months to fix a few bugs? Which are again errors in the code , in 15-20 minutes those errors can be fixed by editing a part of the code or a path - the reason to my post is just to get an answer and hopefully raise some awarness that most people want this game back, and even if probably no one makes profit - it is still worth it.

if no one has had the chance to welcome you to the site, welcome to pf.co.

now, i'm no dev or inner loop person, just an investigator and educator, and i think you have highly underestimated a few to many things:
  1. the technicality of POTCO verses other pc games disney has produced
  2. the work load of these non-paid gamer-devs
  3. the variety of other emulator teams you can choose to join and support
  4. the bad history of past emulator teams who have suffered deceit and burn out
  5. the variety of other piratey games you can play that can distract you from POTCO
  6. the ability to search through this site and the game's actual site for the answer to your question(s)
  7. the difference between the dev server and alpha server
  8. the desire to present a highly functional, playable game and not something that's ..pardon my language but.. lame
  9. the alterior motives of competing emulator teams who have worked with the current tlopo devs
  10. the reasons why the devs may not choose to respond to your o.p.
  11. the reasons to why all this would even matter if the game is ever made pay the TLOPO team at all when "evermore highly component" dev emulator teams are striving to do the something elsewhere, with or without the TLOPO's code through beggary or otherwise borrowing w/o permission
here's my question to you.
  • are you asking these same or even remotely similar questions to a triple A gaming company or team?
  • would you ask them if their 9a-5p M-F paid work shift would produce a game in less than two years?
  • also -- introspectively -- would you be satisfied with their answers on the same level as the tlopo's team's answers?

Last edited:
In my own opinion it probably won't go into open beta until later this year, or early next year. It seems that although progress is slow given there are not many game devs, the game quality is solid and surely working towards restoring it. I do have faith in their team, but I am not expecting them to get it done for a while. Developing an old game in an old, underused engine is not easy.

And just another quick question, when did they say the would release let's say open beta? Like an ~ ( aproximate date idk like early 2017 or later august idk )

And just another quick question, when did they say the would release let's say open beta? Like an ~ ( aproximate date idk like early 2017 or later august idk )
We have no approximate dates to offer, I'm afraid. We are working on the game every day so that we can release it as soon as it's ready. Between now and then, there are a lot of unknowns which prevent us from predicting a date.

Our goal is simply to take it one day at a time, and make sure it gets done right. :)

Thank you so much for answering this as you seem to be a TLOPO staff.
If your answer is true, you probably know of another remake, I am NOT going to go on the talk about any conflict that has happened with them or any kind of super drama story. My question and request is simple : unite with another remake as you did with the legend of P.O. and hopefully create the game faster? If you truly love this game ( as for me it was a part of my childhood, why don't you try this )
Looking for an answer on a simple question :)

We do love the game, and we love the community. Because of this, any remake of POTCO must uphold certain standards if we are to preserve the atmosphere and longevity that POTCO had. When considering whether to add someone to the staff or to move forward with another merger of any kind, we must first make sure the other party wishes to uphold the same standards we have.

Simply put, another remake does not share our standards. Can two walk together except they be agreed?

And your standards are....? I don't see why you would not join a crew which has done rationally islands and more in 3 weeks!! which is hell of a lot - so I think they can't be under your standards for sure.
Guys just do the rational thing and try to unite to make the game, as you know a crew with another are better than just 1 crew right? It all makes so much sense I don't understand why you would not do it - ofc if they don't agree then it is up to them or up to your self trust to try to convince them that uniting is right and not deviding, and both of you probably failing or makeing low progress.

We currently have no plans to merge with the other remake(s) currently in progress. Quite frankly, can't see that happening in the foreseeable future, so there's really no point in discussing it at this point. If anything changes on that front we will be sure to let ya'll know. Thanks!!

We currently have no plans to merge with the other remake(s) currently in progress. Quite frankly, can't see that happening in the foreseeable future, so there's really no point in discussing it at this point. If anything changes on that front we will be sure to let ya'll know. Thanks!!
ok, however, I have one request, can you send me the game phrase files of the original game? I don't have them, as I bought another pc and re-booted my previous one and I would like to do some work. : )

Actually I don't have those handy myself, sorry! But, the *original* POTCO phase files can be extracted from any POTCO install you may still have lying around. Good luck knight in shining armor! :)

I know where and how to get them, but I don't have the launcher, if you get them can you send them to me? I could help on different aspects that you offer me, for exemple if you want me to work on a certain topic, I can do it.

I don't think there is such a thing as beeing fluent in python code, as most of the things are found on the internet and you can learn them step by step, ofc knowing these things on the spot will improve performance and allow the task to be completed earlier.

Back