Questions - talk

TLOPO has 10 developers.

ca4d84eea1.jpg

Source: https://tlopo.com/help/

This takes care of that claim. Let's try to stay on topic here, please.

I have never played Golf with Friends but TLOPO has 2 debs that do it as a hobby after their job. Thats why development is so slow.

Your info is wrong mate. There are way more then 2 devs on tlopo. I put the link above. Not sure were you are getting your info

Now
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXF3cFOfUGg
if you watch this you will see that most of the features are already finished, and in case of npcs all that is needed is AI or inteligence. Why aren't these in open alpha? THIS HAS been 1 year ago almost
Mate this was uploaded in February, it's June now, it hasn't almost been a year :p

Besides, you could see how unstable and unrefined the game was in this stream, I'm sure by the end of the summer we'll see lots of these features in TLOPO

I'm pretty much done with this topic. If you don't like how things are going, I suggest you be helpful instead of hate mongering... I'll leave the rest to the mods.
(Sorry mods, I didn't want to dump this on you...)

You cannot rush perfection, mate...
I am going to show you the logical side of "rushing perfection"
In developing a code for let's say a certain task, you cannot make it perfect or semi-perfect, it either works perfectly or gives errors. So in 1 and a half year being open aplha I may as well get a free bus pass for when I am 60 years old for open beta ;)

So in 1 and a half year being open aplha I may as well get a free bus pass for when I am 60 years old for open beta
Alpha has only existed since September 11th, 2015, which is approximately 9.5 months.

Try to keep all of this in perspective - Would you rather have the assurance that you will get to play POTCO again, or go back to the sadness and devastation of September 19th, 2013 when there was absolutely no hope of ever playing again?

I understand what you are saying but, 9.5 months with exacly the same content published isn't a good rateing talking about time/effort

Alpha has only existed since September 11th, 2015, which is approximately 9.5 months.

Try to keep all of this in perspective - Would you rather have the assurance that you will get to play POTCO again, or go back to the sadness and devastation of September 19th, 2013 when there was absolutely no hope of ever playing again?
I also understand that bugs exist and gitches but fixing them isn't that hard and implementing even buggy features is still good at least for me

I understand what you are saying but, 9.5 months with exacly the same content published isn't a good rateing talking about time/effort

I also understand that bugs exist and gitches but fixing them isn't that hard and implementing even buggy features is still good at least for me

I realize that it may seem like not a lot of progress is being made when looking at it from the outside. But that is simply not true. This is Alpha. Alpha means creating, programming, fixing, optimizing, verifying, and working out the bugs on almost every little aspect of the game you can possibly think of. 80% of the work is all behind the scenes.

With all due respect, it is very difficult to understand the depth of hard work this project takes unless you are working on it yourself. Think of an iceberg. You see just the peak of it above water and assume that it can't be all that large because of it. It's not until you dive underwater and swim all the way to the bottom that you realize you were barely seeing 5% of the entire iceberg. Making assessments without seeing the big picture will result in inaccurate facts.

These are some excerpts from a recent post that are applicable here:

It is downright impossible to make everyone happy. Pretty much the only thing we can all agree on 100% is our wish to play POTCO again. But when it gets down to the details about which project should be supported, who should be in charge, who should be on the staff, when things should be released, how many should be allowed to play, and on and on - we could fight for years and never come to a complete agreement with each other. Give people the benefit of the doubt that they are doing the best they possibly can in the most efficient way they can think of. In the end, no matter which way it's done, we will all get to play POTCO again.

Just because you don't see something happening with your own two eyes, doesn't mean it's not happening. For example: bug fixes. We hate bugs because it prevents us from being able to play as we want. We ask when they'll be fixed, but the answer we get is "asap". Do you know why an exact second can't be pinpointed? Because bugs are like a plate of spaghetti noodles, and your task is to separate them all without breaking any. You can't just pull one out, because it might break in two. You can't just move all the others out of the way, because you might break them. You might separate ten other noodles successfully before separating the one you originally were aiming for. I know this is a very silly illustration, but it works. Fixing one bug may cause ten other bugs. You might figure out how to fix a few bugs before you get around to fixing the one you were working on. Bottom line, it's impossible to predict. So, what do we do then? We be patient. We look for results of any kind, not just the ones in front of our noses that we care about. We realize that just because the bug we wanted fixed is still broken, that doesn't mean the devs are failing, slacking off, or don't care.

Alpha and Beta stages mean bunches and bunches of testing. It's a necessary evil. Every game or computer program ever created goes thru testing stages. It may seem like a huge headache right now and you can't wait any longer for it to be over, but someday soon, you'll look back and realize it was worth all the frustration and the long wait.

I think it will be perfectly fine if this game went into open Beta because Minecraft was in Beta for 3 or 4 years. Maybe in about 3-6 months you could be able to put it in open Beta and then there will be more testers for feedback and finding glitches and bugs.

Quick question in regards to events is there any way we could get a giveaway through a roblox designing contest seeing Johnny, one of the devs has a side project with a potco related game. Because Personally I'd love to design a ship and put it in a contest to potentially win an alpha key, I really really really need/want an alpha key as I loved the game to death as a child. On another note I don't have anything for 3 whole weeks no work, my girlfriend is out, all my games are completed even the ones I just bought in the steam sale, and here I am with free time and ambition to do my best to get a key.

Back