Queue System. My Thoughts.

SirClark

Sea Legs
I had been talking to my guild and decided to post here I did see the other thread made about this but I wanted to make one because I think the devs need to see how the players who love this game feel about the changes being made and hopefully our voice can have an impact on changing the system.

Playtimes are a much better system. This is only going to lead to more aggravation. We all know we can't just jump into open beta but this is a step backwards in my opinion. I would much rather wait for the end of the day and be guaranteed I can get in right at that time then sit in a waiting list for at least an hour after I had the ability to sit down and play. Not to mention that the playtime is the same amount. We wait even longer, with more hassle, just to get the same amount of time to play. That is ridiculous in my opinion. I think the majority of people really don't agree with this system and feel we should stick with playtimes until the developers feel the game is ready for an open beta release. It can also be noted the this makes it very hard for my guild to schedule events. We normally will have times setup for events so we can all go on and play together, be that for pictures, svs, or other guild events. I also waited for about 40 minutes before I got in. I got in at queue position 130 something and other members of my guild have said they even position 235 so I can see this being a big time waiting.

All in all the playtimes were not a broken system and actually worked quite well and I think for the better enjoyment of all players until open beta the game should remain using the playtime system.

*staples a poster that says "Its day one" to her forehead*

Queing wont last this long in the future, and will allow dozens of more players online at once. It will be a much better system than PlayTimes, just give it time to prove itself.

It is semi-broken because it was released only like 4 hours ago and because everyone and their mom is trying to log into the game at once (this normally happens whenever we release new updates).

Were you perfect 4 hours after birth? No. Development takes time.

Last edited:
I had been talking to my guild and decided to post here I did see the other thread made about this but I wanted to make one because I think the devs need to see how the players who love this game feel about the changes being made and hopefully our voice can have an impact on changing the system.

Playtimes are a much better system. This is only going to lead to more aggravation. We all know we can't just jump into open beta but this is a step backwards in my opinion. I would much rather wait for the end of the day and be guaranteed I can get in right at that time then sit in a waiting list for at least an hour after I had the ability to sit down and play. Not to mention that the playtime is the same amount. We wait even longer, with more hassle, just to get the same amount of time to play. That is ridiculous in my opinion. I think the majority of people really don't agree with this system and feel we should stick with playtimes until the developers feel the game is ready for an open beta release. It can also be noted the this makes it very hard for my guild to schedule events. We normally will have times setup for events so we can all go on and play together, be that for pictures, svs, or other guild events. I also waited for about 40 minutes before I got in. I got in at queue position 130 something and other members of my guild have said they even position 235 so I can see this being a big time waiting.

All in all the playtimes were not a broken system and actually worked quite well and I think for the better enjoyment of all players until open beta the game should remain using the playtime system.
Playtimes are weird... I've never seen another MMO ever do that besides TTR which doesn't really count. Queues are industry standard, I've seen them across many different MMOs. It's a proven system and much more effective than trying to schedule a time.

The high traffic also seems to be producing some instability. I find myself unable to log in despite having an active play time after sitting through a queue. Retry after retry results in "can't connect to server" errors.

Queing wont last this long in the future, and will allow dozens of more players online at once. It will be a much better system than PlayTimes, just give it time to prove itself.

It is semi-broken because it was released only like 4 hours ago and because everyone and their mom is trying to log into the game at once (this normally happens whenever we release new updates).

Lulz

It really doesn't require that I review it for a while to know I really dislike this system. Saying that the waits will be shorter later on is no guarantee that will happen the game my have a huge surge of popularity. I like being able to schedule my playtime around my day now I cannot do that. I don't have the time to just sit here waiting to play and then use my three hour slot. I want to setup time where I can actually use my whole playtime now I have to add another hour of waiting to when I want to play. I hate how now we go through more hassle just to get the same 3 hour playtime.

I remember signing up for a playtime slot and could only play once per day then twice per day, I got lucky finding a beta key but I'm going to trust in the staff with this one I think its obvious it won't be perfect in one day and if a lot of other mmos are doing it then it has to be a good idea

It really doesn't require that I review it for a while to know I really dislike this system. Saying that the waits will be shorter later on is no guarantee that will happen the game my have a huge surge of popularity. I like being able to schedule my playtime around my day now I cannot do that. I don't have the time to just sit here waiting to play and then use my three hour slot. I want to setup time where I can actually use my whole playtime now I have to add another hour of waiting to when I want to play. I hate how now we go through more hassle just to get the same 3 hour playtime.
Too many "I's" in that statement.

Back