Quit Screwing Up the Copperhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you are completely wrong, Stormchaser is better in everyway, it's cheaper to make and to obtain, it does more damage, and it's faster lightning is more range and faster hitting
you WILL not see any copperheads anymore, infact i doubt anyone is making them and everyone already swapped them because they are dog tier tlopo just screwed it up

I still see a ton of copperheads, but that may be just people that made them earlier and just keep using them. I find copperhead to be viable for like a sloop though, that could be fun.

The thing that bothers me the most about it is that now the most powerful Copperhead is the regular sized sloop and war class Copperheads now have basically the same offensive capability as that regular classic sloop but are much easier targets. It’s just not right at all.

The thing that bothers me the most about it is that now the most powerful Copperhead is the regular sized sloop and war class Copperheads now have basically the same offensive capability as that regular classic sloop but are much easier targets. It’s just not right at all.
That's true, I did buy a regular sloop for this purpose and it feels kind of like a meme tbh. Though what I really want to see is upgrades for light class ships. Imagine Storm Chaser light sloop! lol

That's true, I did buy a regular sloop for this purpose and it feels kind of like a meme tbh. Though what I really want to see is upgrades for light class ships. Imagine Storm Chaser light sloop! lol
I’m against that mostly because it wasn’t in potco but the fact that Copperheads were making SvSers crazy seems to be the only reason for the nerf in the first place and adding light class upgrades would be even worse for the SvS constituency than Copperheads ever were. Maybe you can remember light sloops SvSing in potco? I do, they could be dominant without an upgrade.

I’m against that mostly because it wasn’t in potco but the fact that Copperheads were making SvSers crazy seems to be the only reason for the nerf in the first place and adding light class upgrades would be even worse for the SvS constituency than Copperheads ever were. Maybe you can remember light sloops SvSing in potco? I do, they could be dominant without an upgrade.

I do remember how op light sloops were in potco. Still, I take issue with what you're saying for two reasons: (1) I don't think TLOPO should strive to just copy POTCO, it should bring its own tweaks and additions (which it does) to the table, so just because it wasn't in POTCO should be an irrelevant argument, (2) I don't see that many people actually doing SVS and changing entire ships in order to please the svs people while messing up all regular sailing seems a little weird. If SVS is the problem, why don't they just tweak copperhead performance in SVS only, why nerf the whole ship?

Either way, I find the post-nerf copperhead generally acceptable, though I find the regular sloop thing a little awkward.

I do remember how op light sloops were in potco. Still, I take issue with what you're saying for two reasons: (1) I don't think TLOPO should strive to just copy POTCO, it should bring its own tweaks and additions (which it does) to the table, so just because it wasn't in POTCO should be an irrelevant argument, (2) I don't see that many people actually doing SVS and changing entire ships in order to please the svs people while messing up all regular sailing seems a little weird. If SVS is the problem, why don't they just tweak copperhead performance in SVS only, why nerf the whole ship?

Either way, I find the post-nerf copperhead generally acceptable, though I find the regular sloop thing a little awkward.
I mostly agree with you, I am still very frustrated with the Copperhead nerf, which was done at a time before it was possible to control SvS performance separately from SvE performance. Now that such is possible I hope that the developers will reconsider this issue.

I do like having the Storm Chaser and Copperhead be kind of two varieties of top tier ships, but there still remains the issue of the copperhead being much more expensive than the other upgrades. At least for SvE, I don't see why people can't pay top coin for an OP ship that massacres everything. Also, now the whole windcatcher ordeal is making ships slower than people got used to down the Storm Chaser path. Either way, a slight mess.

I do like having the Storm Chaser and Copperhead be kind of two varieties of top tier ships, but there still remains the issue of the copperhead being much more expensive than the other upgrades. At least for SvE, I don't see why people can't pay top coin for an OP ship that massacres everything. Also, now the whole windcatcher ordeal is making ships slower than people got used to down the Storm Chaser path. Either way, a slight mess.
I’m not at all concerned about the cost of any ship upgrades, gold and ship materials are both easy to come by and I see no reason that you must get more performance for more coin. Windcatcher is a completely different issue and nothing to do with this thread, it has affected all player ships fairly equally and so I say let’s see how it goes for a while before passing judgment. It is also true that AI ships don’t perform as potco ones did so that clouds some of the issues with player ships. It’s all very complex once you start changing ships in basic ways. I still see the Copperhead nerf as the wrong approach but do not deny that it needed a little tone down. The limit of one explosive per broadside makes it so there is little offensive improvement with higher level upgrades which bothers me no end.

I've just figured out this information right know, that a copperhead can shoot only one explosive per broadside and it seems that copperheads are basically no use because Stormchaser is superior in every single way, it just seems disappointing to waste that amount of material only to get something that's not as powerful as it should be, in my opinion Copperhead is a heavy duty ship less capable of manoeuvre but has a unpredictable power, which makes it exciting to sail with.

I've just figured out this information right know, that a copperhead can shoot only one explosive per broadside and it seems that copperheads are basically no use because Stormchaser is superior in every single way, it just seems disappointing to waste that amount of material only to get something that's not as powerful as it should be, in my opinion Copperhead is a heavy duty ship less capable of manoeuvre but has a unpredictable power, which makes it exciting to sail with.
It’s not that Copperheads are useless but that a Copperhead Sloop is now as powerful as a Copperhead War Brig , you just don’t get more offense with the bigger ship types in the Copperhead upgrade path now. People complain about how expensive a Copperhead War Brig is, which I personally am not concerned about, but look, you can get just as much bang out of a much cheaper regular sized, not War class, sloop, it’s messed up.

It’s not that Copperheads are useless but that a Copperhead Sloop is now as powerful as a Copperhead War Brig , you just don’t get more offense with the bigger ship types in the Copperhead upgrade path now. People complain about how expensive a Copperhead War Brig is, which I personally am not concerned about, but look, you can get just as much bang out of a much cheaper regular sized, not War class, sloop, it’s messed up.
I don't think the copperhead war sloops are as powerful as the copperhead war brigs even with the restriction of one explosive per round because the war sloop only has 7 broadside on each side and the war brigs have 12 on each side, you still get a bit of more damage from the round shots but that damage might not be enough to go with a more expensive upgrade.

I don't think the copperhead war sloops are as powerful as the copperhead war brigs even with the restriction of one explosive per round because the war sloop only has 7 broadside on each side and the war brigs have 12 on each side, you still get a bit of more damage from the round shots but that damage might not be enough to go with a more expensive upgrade.
I am saying that a regular sloop, not a war sloop, is as powerful or maybe even more powerful objectively than a war brig. Yes, the bigger ship has more round shot, it had that without any upgrades and upgrades don’t appreciably increase offense once you get past the rank IV since you only ever get one explosive and even on the smallest ship you do get a pretty high chance of getting that explosive, close to every time, this was not the case before the nerf, if you want to call it a nerf, in reality it buffed small ships and nerfed big ones. The fact that little ships are a much more difficult target easily makes up for less armor and hull points. Yes, total offense is more on the bigger ships but it is not hugely so and not enough to tip the balance in their favor considering the drawbacks of big ships.

I am saying that a regular sloop, not a war sloop, is as powerful or maybe even more powerful objectively than a war brig. Yes, the bigger ship has more round shot, it had that without any upgrades and upgrades don’t appreciably increase offense once you get past the rank IV since you only ever get one explosive and even on the smallest ship you do get a pretty high chance of getting that explosive, close to every time, this was not the case before the nerf, if you want to call it a nerf, in reality it buffed small ships and nerfed big ones. The fact that little ships are a much more difficult target easily makes up for less armor and hull points. Yes, total offense is more on the bigger ships but it is not hugely so and not enough to tip the balance in their favor considering the drawbacks of big ships.

Imagine if light sloop copperhead was a thing. I mean even a light sloop landing a single explosive would be most of the damage output haha.

The developers should just decrease the chance for explosives for the lower ship types instead of having the same percentage for all the ship types.

I don’t see it reasonable to spend considerable amount of materials on a War Brig and get this (which I already made a copper War Brig and I’m some what disappointed), also the argument of War Brig having more broadside cannons hence more damage just doesn’t make sense to me if I wanted to have more normal shots I wouldn’t upgrade to copper in the first place

I don’t see it reasonable to spend considerable amount of materials on a War Brig and get this (which I already made a copper War Brig and I’m some what disappointed), also the argument of War Brig having more broadside cannons hence more damage just doesn’t make sense to me if I wanted to have more normal shots I wouldn’t upgrade to copper in the first place
You do more damage but it's not worth upgrading a war brig to copperhead since it's not that much more damage so I guess you should downgrade and get another upgrade.

That is my point, either buff it for bigger ships so the mats you spend is worthwhile or reduce the cost, ignoring the problem and turning it into another upgrade doesn't solve the current issue for bigger ships.

Being that with the latest update it is now possible to control ship stats for SvE and SvS independently, I wish that the developers would just revert the Copperhead for SvE and reconsider what they have for SvS. In terms of SvS I favor just lowering Explosives damage and going back to the 15% chance each shot will be Explosive over the current state of affairs. This would bring back the erratic nature of the Copperhead’s offense where sometimes it would one shot a hunter and other times it would be all round shot to little effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back