Reminder About Being Safe In-game

Capt_Darkblade

Honorable Pirate
A Reminder About Being Safe In-game
October 27, 2010
divider_line.gif

With new Pirates coming to the Caribbean every day, it's always good to know how to keep yourself safe in the game. Here's a reminder about keeping your personal information safe while having a great time in Pirates of the Caribbean Online.
  • Never reveal any of your personal information. Also never ask another Pirate for their personal information. This includes:
    • Account ID/ Password
    • E-mail Address
    • Home Address
    • Phone Number
NOTE: Disney GMs will never ask for your personal information in the game.

Remember, Pirates of all ages sail these waters. Let's all help in making the Caribbean a safe and welcoming place for everyone by keeping to the code!

Comments[0]

A friend of mine got a 72 hour suspension yesterday, for talking about having multiple pirates. From what I understand, he wasn't talking ABOUT his account information. But he got the boot, nevertheless.

Reminder: don't talk about the bans, in-game.

Update: he called them this morning and got it cleared up; suspension lifted. But still, what a pain!

I got banned for a day for a cougar joke that was hilarious not offensive being called a cougar is a compliment.

Seems like the mouse has stepped up his game.. I'm hearing more and more stories about people getting banned for things that really don't seem out of line.. I'll be doing my best to mind my manners..

Back