Request Remove Invasion Until Permanently Fixed

Think invasions should be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John do you think they will be able to figure out the lag problem. I know it was a big problem with Disney also. It must be a real bugger to figure out and makes me feel for the devs. It has to be frustrating to them also.
We currently are not aware of any "new" lag issues with invasions. We already know that invasions with lots of players and enemies simultaneously interacting will cause low framerates.

Are you referring to the above, or server lag? A common example of server lag is hitting an enemy and it not taking any damage until seconds later.

This might be off topic, but I have a question. In potco there was a test server that many of the pirates helped with. Do we not have one with tlopo? If we had one maybe that would help with some of the problems we are experiencing now. Some things could be tested by those who belonged to the test server before bringing it public.
The live server is the "test server", you do know TLOPO is in open beta, right?

Screenshot_11.png

*oof i slipped and accidentally posted something*

Invasions were already removed once because of issues that were not even that bad from my opinion. They should stay and simply be improved. No more of this teasing features by releasing them and then taking them away for months. Broken or not at least they exist. Invasions were always one of my favorite things about POTCO and even in POTCO's prime they were riddled with lag and issues, you just had to deal with it. It is par for the course with that many players and enemies battling in one place. And how can they improve something that is all about a high number of player involvement without having players involved. This is BETA, we should not expect anything close to a perfect game. Invasions stay.

Invasions were already removed once because of issues that were not even that bad from my opinion. They should stay and simply be improved. No more of this teasing features by releasing them and then taking them away for months. Broken or not at least they exist. Invasions were always one of my favorite things about POTCO and even in POTCO's prime they were riddled with lag and issues, you just had to deal with it. It is par for the course with that many players and enemies battling in one place. And how can they improve something that is all about a high number of player involvement without having players involved. This is BETA, we should not expect anything close to a perfect game. Invasions stay.
I've always loved invasions as well. I still remember the first ever invasion back in POTCO on Abassa. There were so many people that the scaling hp/lvls of the enemies was insanely high. It took us over an hour to clear the waves. We had never seen anything like that in POTCO before, so it was an amazing experience.
Apparently :confused:

You can't fix something if you don't know what to fix. It's there for the devs to gather information on what is causing various bugs, for them to do various fixes. and test them on a large scale. There aren't any major "game breaking" bugs associated with it, IE: database corruption, breaking accounts, inventories, etc. so no reason to remove it.

This might be off topic, but I have a question. In potco there was a test server that many of the pirates helped with. Do we not have one with tlopo? If we had one maybe that would help with some of the problems we are experiencing now. Some things could be tested by those who belonged to the test server before bringing it public.
That was when POTCO was in full release.
This is the test server lol

Invasions are fun. Of course they could use some polishing. If you're worried about performance or crashes, simply don't participate?

I personally love invasions. I once started a brand new pirate (back in POTCO) and got him to level 5 just as an invasion was hitting. I was so utterly elated when I made it through the entire invasion without dying once (earning many kills and numerous Jolly hits) before we won the fight. The invasions feature is something that should be continued. Crashing a server is not so bad, so long as your war frigate is not loaded with 8-10 royal chests and a full crew. What do you really lose? Did you not have fun before the crash?

It seems to me that they did have a fix and they are back to where they were earlier in beta, so, this thread is now talking about the past...

There's always the option for you to not join the event. I don't mind them. It's a good way, if nothing else, to level grenades or staff. Even if I don't get the xp in the end because it's glitched and Jolly doesn't show.

Back