Rename glitch: delete or implement?

Do you think a rename feature should be put into TLOPO?

• Total voters

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
In the original Pirates Online, a glitch was discovered in which you could rename a pirate at will. While I completely forget how to do this glitch and never did it in the past, I was wondering if it would either be written out of TLOPO or legitimately implemented. I was thinking it could be used like Toontown Rewritten's toon remake system, where you have to pay lots of jellybeans to purchase a remake of your toon. However, I'm not sure if you should be able to alter your pirate's skin color, eyes, nose and everything aside from what you can do at the local shops in the towns. What do you think?

If this was implemented there would have to be limits. Because every name that is chosen has to be checked by the TLOPO staff it would be necessary to limit how often you can change your name.
I was thinking it could be used like Toontown Rewritten's toon remake system, where you have to pay lots of jellybeans to purchase a remake of your toon.
If this was implemented how much do you suggest we pay for the change?

If this was implemented there would have to be limits. Because every name that is chosen has to be checked by the TLOPO staff it would be necessary to limit how often you can change your name.
If this was implemented how much do you suggest we pay for the change?
My first thought was 100,000 gold, but that may be a bit pricy. Your whole limit theory gave me an idea; what if the price rose with each rename similar to retraining weapon skills?

My first thought was 100,000 gold, but that may be a bit pricy. Your whole limit theory gave me an idea; what if the price rose with each rename similar to retraining weapon skills?
100k wasn't that hard to get, I don't see why it can't just be 100k each time. It's a pretty well-rounded number anyways :)

Another update: If you're still thinking about the whole remake your entire pirate thing, consider this: What if you account gets hacked and the hacker remakes your pirate from scratch? This could help him hide his identity when word gets out that he hacked you. If you can think of a workaround to this aside from "Don't get hacked", let me know.
Not everyone had an easy time obtaining gold. :gold:
While it did help out a friend, I must've lost hundreds of thousands of possible gold to that Warmonk looting method.

Another update: If you're still thinking about the whole remake your entire pirate thing, consider this: What if you account gets hacked and the hacker remakes your pirate from scratch? This could help him hide his identity when word gets out that he hacked you. If you can think of a workaround to this aside from "Don't get hacked", let me know.

While it did help out a friend, I must've lost hundreds of thousands of possible gold to that Warmonk looting method.
Farming Darkhart and Neban The Silent usually netted me a decent amount of gold by the hour. But if you're looking for a more monotonous way to farm gold, just do the old SvS bounty swap.

i dont think it should be in the game because then people would constantly be changing names and looks and you wouldnt know who is who, also why would you need to change your name or pirate looks? what you choose in the beginning you should like, also if they did have a name change, you should only get 1 or 2

I think this should be a thing, although you would have to pay to rename yourself and whenever you go on you friends list it would notify you as it could get quite confusing.

It wouldn't be a big sum, but one that will hurt you a bit if you do it over and over again.

I'm not good at deciding player's names, so I think it should be free to change every couple days or so, just in case someone doesn't like their's.

We currently have no plans to implement the ability to rename your pirate. Glitches are not knowingly (re)implemented for quality assurance purposes.
Fair enough. Right now, I guess TLOPO is busy enough remaking the game instead of adding to it. Just keep in mind that some glitches actually enhanced the game experience.

Don't keep the players username, (I'm not a developer so I wouldn't know) but "The same way Minecraft allows you to do it."
They could do it if they used the concept of "D Names" like Disney did, as well as individual Pirate names. D Names were a one time changed name, and it represented your account, but ingame.

They could do it if they used the concept of "D Names" like Disney did, as well as individual Pirate names. D Names were a one time changed name, and it represented your account, but ingame.
Did Player-Friends hinge on that too? Or was that just account based? (I'm looking forward to this feature only to make playing with my brother easier haha)

Back