Replacing Banned Words & Numbers In Potco Messaging

yea it will be filtered to speed chat people everyone is filtered to check for violations if your not both open chat when ur talking to someone and you say something misspelled then the other person cant see it

yea it will be filtered to speed chat people everyone is filtered to check for violations if your not both open chat when ur talking to someone and you say something misspelled then the other person cant see it

LOL no, sorry, that's inaccurate, and sadly, false. I made the same mistake for a long time, too. There is no violation related to saying something extremely game-relevant, such as "we were".

An open chat person can't say "we were" to another open chat person. It APPEARS to be sent, but nothing actually goes through, if "we were" appears anywhere on your line of chat.

It isn't filtered for speed chat people; it is filtered for everyone. Misspellings are converted to "arrr," "yarr," and "garr" when sent to speed-chat pirates, but only for misspellings that are NOT filtered.

Talking to Disney's toll free POTCO account support, I was told to log on two pirates at the same time, to see what is or isn't filtered, to verify my chat lines were getting through. I was told I could easily do this either by copying launcher1.exe or by closing launcher1.exe in windows Task Manager, then starting a second pirate on a second account and crewing them.

i would just try to not use those said words that are filtered.... or just add 'es', 's', 'er', 'ed' or something and capitalize the last few letters if possible... thats what i do, or just not talk.

I've had something absolutely game related blocked a few times. Can't remember what at this point, but it is HIGHLY frustrating, to be sure. You just have to be creative, maybe go to thesaurus.com and find a new word for what you're trying to say. But I agree with Constance. If its banned, try to avoid it. I've been banned from the game for 24 hours once, and I'm not lettin' it happen again! LOL

I've had something absolutely game related blocked a few times. Can't remember what at this point, but it is HIGHLY frustrating, to be sure. You just have to be creative, maybe go to thesaurus.com and find a new word for what you're trying to say. But I agree with Constance. If its banned, try to avoid it. I've been banned from the game for 24 hours once, and I'm not lettin' it happen again! LOL

i have gotten banned for saying, ''I'm going to sail my war frigate, got a new name, gonna see if Mystical Guardian turns any heads!'' :cursing: GUESS THEY MUST HATE MISTY. why must disney hate me? lol. Guess they just hate my random off-'topicness' :fish:

i have gotten banned for saying, ''I'm going to sail my war frigate, got a new name, gonna see if Mystical Guardian turns any heads!'' :cursing: GUESS THEY MUST HATE MISTY. why must disney hate me? lol. Guess they just hate my random off-'topicness' :fish:

LOL! it's insane what you can get banned for around the Caribbean!!!! :p

1 won
2 too
3 tree
4 for
5 hive
6 ix
7 sven
8 ate
9 nina/vine/mine
10 tent/tin

And for some things to go past the filter, you need to send individual messages, like:
Skull
bone
Repeater
I just used that as an example because you can't say "Skullbone Repeater" in game. (Its a Famed weapon)
Just be sure your message doesn't show up as ***Spamming***
But, if you are whispering, you can send as many messages as you want without the ***Spamming*** coming up.

eh for numbers this is how i do it:
1-won
2-to
3-tree
4-for
5-ive
6-ix
7-sven
8-ate
9-line
10-nothing. i dont really use 10 much so..... :/
lol its just like alot of peoples suggestions for numbers :facepalm:

Haha, i know this is overkill on the ways to say numbers, but here's my two cents!
won, too, tree, for, hive, fix, heaven, ate, mine, tin, ill even, too elves, tree tin, for tin, hive tin, (you get the picture), too ty..... yea, lol.:cool:

well, darn. i'm a little bugged. I didnt think i'd cross any lines with that comment

I just said that the game lets you say He(ck) and Da(ng).

haha. i've noticed that... and from the looks of it, no one is getting banned. Although, I did recieve a "warning" email from POTCO once for saying Da(ng) it.... so just dont put those two words together I guess. LOL BUT! on that note, i was a little irked having recieved said email, because I was whispering with a friend, it wasn't made public, and we are both adults. I think POTCO should take into account those of us that command our own ships (lives) around the Caribbean! lol

haha. i've noticed that... and from the looks of it, no one is getting banned. Although, I did recieve a "warning" email from POTCO once for saying Da(ng) it.... so just dont put those two words together I guess. LOL BUT! on that note, i was a little irked having recieved said email, because I was whispering with a friend, it wasn't made public, and we are both adults. I think POTCO should take into account those of us that command our own ships (lives) around the Caribbean! lol
Yeah why put it in the chat dictionary if you aren't allowed to say it?

Back