Rolled back Legendary

TheReaperr

Buccaneer
Howdy everyone I'm posting this regarding an issue that I encountered 2 years ago, when they used to roll back the server couple of times.
During that period I got the World Eater Blade aka WEB I farmed for this blade for a very long time but when I logged in the day after I lost the loot I've got plus some minor ship upgrades I've done the day prior, So I'd like to contact devs to give me What I looted,I believe it's totally reasonable.

feel free to upvote this thread, Thank y'all for reading this thread!
screenshot_2018-02-11_20-37-49.jpg

Last edited:
I emailed them on Feb 17 2018 didn't get any responds I can also provide that if it's needed, also I just logged back to the game

When was this screenshot taken? I’m wondering if this was from the rollback when people looted cursed weapons and Raven’s Cove Story Quest hadn’t been released yet.

I think a roll back is a roll back and what happens happens. Nothing can be done or should be done. Everyone has to deal with it together.

btw- what is an upvote.?

I doubt they would give you your item back because then they would have to do that for other players, just goes to show that rolling back the server is apart of the beta experience and will probably happen in full release too, at least it was just one item and not 5 or 10.

Yet they have done that for other players before.
That doesn't seem fair for others especially when they had to take away everyone's cannon ram because of a glitch within cannon defense, even the players who didn't get their cannon rams from cannon defense lost their rams.

Aye.
Lost Tspine and didn't get it back "your pirate isn't in the picture" never thought that be an issue. Act like I expected to crash.. All I know is I've had friends lose legends and get them back in the past before..

That doesn't seem fair for others especially when they had to take away everyone's cannon ram because of a glitch within cannon defense, even the players who didn't get their cannon rams from cannon defense lost their rams.
I'd be willing to bet most people who got roll-backed didn't care because most of them probably lost nothing of great value.
There is a difference between a Legendary item and a cannon ram, even a famed ram. I'd argue one has much more value to people than the others.

Secondly, this guys roll-back does not affect anyone at all besides him (e.g, him having WEB doesn't impact my ability to do things on my pirate, or on my ship.) I don't personally know anyone who would care, I wouldn't care, if this guy got his WEB back.

Thirdly, the argument that it is unfair to others because he can kill things quicker with a powerful legendary is not really valid. He found the legendary, a very rare item. Other people playing at the time of this bug could also have found a legendary, but they didn't because it is stupid rare. You can beat TLOPO with a rusty cutlass. Weapons really mean nothing, just your notoriety.

Frankly, if he did get the WEB via a glitch, then yeah I agree he probably shouldn't get it back, for the sake of continuity and not being hypocrites... but that is for the support team to decide when he contacts them about it.

I'd be willing to bet most people who got roll-backed didn't care because most of them probably lost nothing of great value.
There is a difference between a Legendary item and a cannon ram, even a famed ram. I'd argue one has much more value to people than the others.

Secondly, this guys roll-back does not affect anyone at all besides him (e.g, him having WEB doesn't impact my ability to do things on my pirate, or on my ship.) I don't personally know anyone who would care, I wouldn't care, if this guy got his WEB back.

Thirdly, the argument that it is unfair to others because he can kill things quicker with a powerful legendary is not really valid. He found the legendary, a very rare item. Other people playing at the time of this bug could also have found a legendary, but they didn't because it is stupid rare. You can beat TLOPO with a rusty cutlass. Weapons really mean nothing, just your notoriety.

Frankly, if he did get the WEB via a glitch, then yeah I agree he probably shouldn't get it back, for the sake of continuity and not being hypocrites... but that is for the support team to decide when he contacts them about it.
I said it isn't fair to others because a lot of them didn't get whatever item(s) they lost and it shouldn't matter if it's a rare or a famed, we're in beta and things like this happen. I wouldn't really care either if he got it back but if a lot of people see this post and he updates this post by saying they gave it back to him then a lot people will surely contact support to get their items back as well which might cause stress on the support team, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the staff say that they couldn't do anything about lost items when the rollback happened? I even remember someone got denied for asking to restore their iron priming ram when they took everyone's rams, he even had screenshots of him getting it from fishing.

I said it isn't fair to others because a lot of them didn't get whatever item(s) they lost and it shouldn't matter if it's a rare or a famed, we're in beta and things like this happen. I wouldn't really care either if he got it back but if a lot of people see this post and he updates this post by saying they gave it back to him then a lot people will surely contact support to get their items back as well which might cause stress on the support team, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the staff say that they couldn't do anything about lost items when the rollback happened? I even remember someone got denied for asking to restore their iron priming ram when they took everyone's rams, he even had screenshots of him getting it from fishing.
I would suggest then that they simply do not restore his WEB if it was indeed lost in a roll back - for continuity sake. The point I was making is that I doubt many people would contact support after seeing this post, for a roll back that occured 2 years ago, to ask the TLOPO staff to restore an item like a famed cannon ram. I myself lost a lot of stuff from the roll backs - but frankly, nothing I had was worth rolling back, and that is the point. Most people do not care if they lose a famed cannon ram, at least not comparably to a legendary cursed blade.

I lost a lot of nice rusty cutlass weapons from roll backs, but rusty cutlass swords are just not worth my time, same as how a random famed sword like bloodfire sword isn't worth my time to email support to roll back, neither is a phantom cannon ram or whatever.

This guy lost WEB from a roll-back, sucks, yeah, but most people who were roll-backed lost maybe 1 famed. People need to remember, roll-backs usually only rolled back maybe 1 day of progress, which in the grand scheme of things is so insignificant it is honestly shocking,

EDIT: You seem to be concerned that some massive wave of hypothetical players will contact support after seeing this forums post, and request that their items (most likely of low quality) be restored purely because they saw this guy get his item that is of considerably high quality be restored. You are factoring out the fact that people assign arbitrary but personal value to these items. Most people outside of TLOPO don't know and don't care what a legendary is. Show them a Rusty Cutlass and show them WEB, they don't know which is better or rarer. What makes us players know the value of these items, both to the game but also to us, is how rare they are, and how much time we invest into getting them. So saying that it doesn't matter if it is famed or rarer is negligent as regards to this discussion. The more valuable something is to us, the more inclined we are to want it / to ask for it back. Thus, if someone had a legendary roll-backed, they are more inclined to ask for it back than a rare in the vast majority of cases. Famed or rare, it does indeed matter a great deal.

Last edited:
I would suggest then that they simply do not restore his WEB if it was indeed lost in a roll back - for continuity sake. The point I was making is that I doubt many people would contact support after seeing this post, for a roll back that occured 2 years ago, to ask the TLOPO staff to restore an item like a famed cannon ram. I myself lost a lot of stuff from the roll backs - but frankly, nothing I had was worth rolling back, and that is the point. Most people do not care if they lose a famed cannon ram, at least not comparably to a legendary cursed blade.

I lost a lot of nice rusty cutlass weapons from roll backs, but rusty cutlass swords are just not worth my time, same as how a random famed sword like bloodfire sword isn't worth my time to email support to roll back, neither is a phantom cannon ram or whatever.

This guy lost WEB from a roll-back, sucks, yeah, but most people who were roll-backed lost maybe 1 famed. People need to remember, roll-backs usually only rolled back maybe 1 day of progress, which in the grand scheme of things is so insignificant it is honestly shocking,

EDIT: You seem to be concerned that some massive wave of hypothetical players will contact support after seeing this forums post, and request that their items (most likely of low quality) be restored purely because they saw this guy get his item that is of considerably high quality be restored. You are factoring out the fact that people assign arbitrary but personal value to these items. Most people outside of TLOPO don't know and don't care what a legendary is. Show them a Rusty Cutlass and show them WEB, they don't know which is better or rarer. What makes us players know the value of these items, both to the game but also to us, is how rare they are, and how much time we invest into getting them. So saying that it doesn't matter if it is famed or rarer is negligent as regards to this discussion. The more valuable something is to us, the more inclined we are to want it / to ask for it back. Thus, if someone had a legendary roll-backed, they are more inclined to ask for it back than a rare in the vast majority of cases. Famed or rare, it does indeed matter a great deal.
Can you point out to me where you were making a point about how you doubt people will contact support after seeing this post and people definitely would contact support if this guy gets his world eater blade back, I doubt a lot would care if this was 2 years ago or 1 year ago, a lot would contact support and overload the amount of work the staff would have to do to go through each complaint just to restore their lost items even if most of those people only want their legendaries back.

Back