Sailing Loot Drop-rate Nerf

Do you think sailing loot needs a nerf? (Be honest...)

• Yes.

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • No.

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Just 2 days ago I found the Lost Sword of El Patron with 2 other famed from sailing, following next day I find Silver Freeze along with a famed blunderbuss all from sailing. I'm unsure if this is luck or something to do with the drop rates.
How much do you sail? Because I do it a lot, and I'd say you got very lucky. lol

Very lucky indeed. All I got after maybe a close 200 range runs was a great hawk sabre for famed. Followed by a robbers pistol famed. I do get a lot of cannon rams and sailing itema though. Too bad I can't use them now.

If we are strictly talking about the drop rate of pouches chests and skull chests they should not be incredibly rare. 2/3rds of the ships should at the least drop chests. Logically speaking even for an mmorpg it would make since for ships to drop more loot as they would be carrying more weapons, gold, enemies, and just overall loot.

However balancing wise I dont believe that famed drop rates should be exponentially higher just because they are sailing

If we are strictly talking about the drop rate of pouches chests and skull chests they should not be incredibly rare. 2/3rds of the ships should at the least drop chests. Logically speaking even for an mmorpg it would make since for ships to drop more loot as they would be carrying more weapons, gold, enemies, and just overall loot.

However balancing wise I dont believe that famed drop rates should be exponentially higher just because they are sailing

That guy just got extremely lucky. I only have about 3 famed to show for about 200 runs, maybe more. Of course, chances are increased since you have more pouches, chests and skulls to loot. But dont you get relatively the same amount of pouches, chests and skulls when you maybe camp at a boss for drops or just mass pull mobs?

Usually one mat run a day or more depending on my mood or if my guild is doing any runs. Apparently luck is on my side for last weekend :)
Wow that's it? When I was grinding away for my ship I would do easily 2-4 mat runs an hour non-cluster, maybe up to 6-8 an hour on a good day cluster sailing. For quite some time I was sailing a good 8 hours a day, too!

Wow that's it? When I was grinding away for my ship I would do easily 2-4 mat runs an hour non-cluster, maybe up to 6-8 an hour on a good day cluster sailing. For quite some time I was sailing a good 8 hours a day, too!
Geez man your dedicated, I feel bad now for those that grinding away hours daily on either a cluster on Abassa or join a quiet server for non cluster hope you guys could get lucky at some point and find your own good loot. :)

I think the biggest reason sailing feels so potent right now is because you keep any loot that is 'discarded' and replaced with better loot. So you go on a mat run and get a loot chest and two royal chests every hunter you kill 20 times, you get an absurd amount of gold from those 40 royal chests and then all your loot chests to boot while also getting a full cargo of materials.

There's nothing wrong with the loot dropped by ships, the problem is the nigh limitless cargo space ships seem to have at this time. (And though I just said it's a problem I don't know if I like or dislike this.. it certainly makes life a lot easier when I can get gold, loot, and materials all at once.)

Nerf ? There little to NO resources of any big amounts , In Potco I'd sail and haul 2 - 3 K Gold back hitting Only Warships , On Tlopo I'm lucky to hit 1 K once In a blue moon ! Mats I don't care about If that's an Issue , By all means Nerf It ! lol

The loot is really buffed because people keep crashing when they dock. If it was nerfed, people would have no reason to sail. Just my theory

If you make it to port then crash, you still get all of the automatically collected loot. That is the gold from crates, chests, and royals along with ship materials.

I am a level 30 sail with 3 war brigs skull 6 fortune 4
and I got my entire lifetime a SINGLE famed sword... Where is the loot exactly ? I don't think bejewled saber is a good drop mate

IF ANYTHING the drop rate is LOWER BECUASE OF CRASHES!

To anyone further replying that you don't lose the gold and the mats. That's already known and need not be further reminded to the people.

What bugs them the most is the inability to view the loot screen. Which means they could miss out on a good drop but were unable to get them due to a crash or load bug. After spending some time sailing and gathering the loot.

Back