Suggestion Sailing Materials and Purchasable Weapons/Items

Beggar

Notorious Pirate
For whatever reason, it often appears that the way sailing loot is calculated occasionally becomes buggy on certain servers, which results in an inordinately large probability of finding famed and legendary items from loot containers collected at sea. With this taken into consideration, I can understand why it might seem unwise to add new, valuable weapons which can only be collected at sea.

Nevertheless, I do think the game would be improved by breaking the monotony of "standing in caves" and adding more incentives to plunder on the high seas (maybe even a legendary sailing item). If the precariousness of sailing loot can't be fixed, maybe the solution is to make new items purchasable with sailing materials a la Silver Striker during the Yuletide event.

For example, Norrington's Spyglass could be sold at a vendor for 3000 Grog (or any new material). You can bet that loads of people would get together to do some material runs if that was on the table.

Something to consider, aye? I'd certainly love to have a reason to spend more time at sea :)

Roger-Daniel

Notorious Pirate
I actually really like the thought of this. I don't think the current loot system would fit the sea very good. Especially since, despite the changes made to sailing loot, i'm still losing skulls upon porting. And since sailing is based entirely around bounty hunters I think this would fit well.

One thought I had regarding sailing loot was to have the SOTL in a fleet drop a special "fleet" chest that would have a percentage of around say 10 percent of dropping a sailing legendary. Of course TLOPO would probably need to adjust sailing loot again to finally make it so you get everything you earned by sinking ships when you port.

Regardless if tlopo were to add more sailing famed and legendaries, I dont think that loot runs should be the way to get them. Not until sailing loot is fixed

Eric Sailcutter

Pirate Lord
It’s true that sailing loot is still buggy, this goes both to and against a player’s advantage. You may find easy loot continuously or nothing continuously and yet other times loot comes out about as intended. I’m sure some will disagree and say I’m crazy and that rng is just that way, to which I say bull. You get stuff that’s not on your manifest and you don’t get stuff that is, you get 5 famed and a legendary in 6 skulls, you get no famed in 100 skulls, this is not rng it’s a bug.

I’m against putting more legendaries up for sale and I’m against releasing the Norrington but I do like the idea of a legendary or two for sailing and have thought that both the Fleets and the QAR should qualify for a boss only type legendary.

I think the bugs need to be fixed first though.