Ship Boot Options

Boot Option for public ships

• Total voters
Ok, I get what you're saying. Banning is kinda like what we already do when we want nobody on our ship. But the difference to me is that it is selective (obviously) but also permanent.

A person could easily have ill intentions tword a specific person or even an entire crew. As Phelle said,
Suppose you go on a public ship, your captain is a troll,and you go out for an hour run, all the while youare repairing, cannoning, and being a great team player. Then when your Captain has 16 skull loot chest, 4 rare ship chest, he decidesto startkicking players off his ship.

Just change kick to ban, except with ban, the players can never join that captain again.

That's why I think banning is extreme. Now I kinda wish if they add a kicking system, it would be based on crew votes where the captain can start a vote whenever.

That's just me.

Ok, I get what you're saying. Banning is kinda like what we already do when we want nobody on our ship. But the difference to me is that it is selective (obviously) but also permanent.

A person could easily have ill intentions tword a specific person or even an entire crew. As Phelle said,

Just change kick to ban, except with ban, the players can never join that captain again.

That's why I think banning is extreme. Now I kinda wish if they add a kicking system, it would be based on crew votes where the captain can start a vote whenever.

That's just me.
Well, a capn can always un-ban any pirate as needed, so no worried there.
Now without naming any names, we all, or many of us anyway, know who the real parasites are, and banning them can only be a good thing!
I mean, for the most part, we're talking about a dozen parasite-pirates or so that consistently mooch and leech off of any ship they board, all the time.
And for anyone wanting to mooch, the ban option offers a well placed incentive not to!

Last edited by a moderator:
A crew voting system would be nice.
So when 4 notorious AFK pirates board your ship, being the majority, and they vote not to boot themselves, then you're no where in solving the problem.
Or when a friend invites a moocher, he's not likely to vote to boot the pirate.
And yes, many of them board in packs of moochers, rendering a vote irrelevant.

I like direct control over who can join your ship rather than checkboxes. So the parasites have no hosts to latch onto.

Voting would not work due to what crashalot mentioned already, they would not vote to kick each other or just to make room for another parasite.

All these posts saying that any of this to be added because this or that reason does not contribute much in alleviating this issue.

What people want is it to be fixed, not be told that they shouldn't put their ships open to the public or just only run with people they trust. That takes away the social aspect away of potentially making new friends or do something else later with the whole crew. Like maybe some boss looting for instance.

All in all, instead of staying in this roundabout of pros and cons. Why not have a structural discussion to have it solved?

Back