Suggestion Ship Leeches & Mooches

It would be a great enhancement to be able to ban pirates from boarding your ships.
Could be set up on the pirate card like the Ignore and Take Action buttons.
A "ban from ship" button would stop a pirate from boarding your ship regardless of the boarding preferences set (friend, crew, guild, public).
This would not work as a "boot off ship" which that could be abused, it would only prevent a pirate from ever boarding.
An enhancement like this would really help stopping the leeches who board a ship only to stand in the corner taking up a spot and not contributing to the sail.
Thanks for your consideration on this enhancement.

I agree, I just hate people who team up and come on your ship just to remain still and steal your loot.

Sincerely, Kyle.

Welcome to the forums Houndstooth and yeah this is a problem in many peoples eyes. I like your suggestion.

It would be a great enhancement to be able to ban pirates from boarding your ships.
Could be set up on the pirate card like the Ignore and Take Action buttons.
A "ban from ship" button would stop a pirate from boarding your ship regardless of the boarding preferences set (friend, crew, guild, public).
This would not work as a "boot off ship" which that could be abused, it would only prevent a pirate from ever boarding.
An enhancement like this would really help stopping the leeches who board a ship only to stand in the corner taking up a spot and not contributing to the sail.
Thanks for your consideration on this enhancement.
This is a good idea, and the only problem I could see is that the leeches would have to start leeching before you know to ban them, so they would end up with at least one free hold of loot per ship. Perhaps this could be coupled with a more strict AFK system or a community database of leeches?

One leech sailing is fine.
It's the more than that i'm concerned about when discovered.
I'm looking for banning the continued leech after leech of pirates who are getting away with it.
Again i'm NOT asking to BOOT a pirate from a ship which would be abused.
Only to BAN from further boarding pirates that are either leeches or other wise undesirables to have access to your ships which we and others pirates have worked hard for.

Last edited:
Far as I know "ignore" serves this function. Perhaps adding an ignore player feature (across all accounts) the way that friendship works would be a good solution

I can see the value in this suggestion, and can appreciate you wanting to ban and not boot. I very rarely set my ship to public so I haven't run into this problem personally, however I can see where it could become a monumental problem. A well thought out and presented suggestion! Not sure if the team can jump on that right away as they are so busy getting the game right at the moment... But good food for thought for the future! :)

It's effects EVERYONES ships to public because of the LEECH effect.
So my enhancement request is to:
BAN PIRATES FROM BOARDING SHIPS YOU OWN.
THIS MEANS THEY CAN NOT BOARD SHIPS YOUR PIRATE OWNS WHEN BANNED.
Again this can be done via the pirate card which lets you "Ignore" and will NOT boot a pirate but only to further let a pirate BOARD your ship.
Do NOT let to BOOT a pirate which could abused but only to BAN a pirate from boarding your ship.
Please let me know now to further explain.

Last edited:
So please explain how IGNORE can serve the same function as BAN PIRATE FROM BOARDING can serve.
If same than this enhancement is not needed.
Thank you.

In the original game ignore would prevent someone from boarding your ship publicly. Being that this person would be on your bad side i doubt they would be on your friend or crew list. My suggestion is that you make it account wide since the problem is the player not the toon so that any alts of the player would also be impacted. Seems like a good deterrant.

They should also have something that locks an enemy ship to just 1 ship. So leeches can't come and take your rep. If they want to help sink it that's fine. But they shouldn't get the rep you worked for.

I think just the ability to boot outside of svs would be amazing too many low levels come on and take over cannons leaving high levels there with nothing to shoot at, I understand if you are a low level and you want to grind cannons but if a bunch of level 30's hop on with level 27 sailing maybe give them a cannon so we can actually sink the ships and go repair instead. Also I see alot of low levels hopping on my ship taking all the cannons up and then refusing to do anything else like repair. people in general seem uninterested in repairing the ship.

It's effects EVERYONES ships to public because of the LEECH effect.
So my enhancement request is to:
BAN PIRATES FROM BOARDING SHIPS YOU OWN.
THIS MEANS THEY CAN NOT BOARD SHIPS YOUR PIRATE OWNS WHEN BANNED.
Again this can be done via the pirate card which lets you "Ignore" and will NOT boot a pirate but only to further let a pirate BOARD your ship.
Do NOT let to BOOT a pirate which could abused but only to BAN a pirate from boarding your ship.
Please let me know now to further explain.

If I recall correctly, an ignored pirate only remains ignored until you log off of that pirate or crash. I think a "ban from ship" feature should work in the same fashion. Either that or add a "blacklisted" tab in the friends menu.

Booting could be abused by kicking pirates for really no reason right before porting to keep the mat & loot.
I like the "black list" suggestion which would be a list like "friends" list.
Once black listed, the pirate would not have the ability to board any ship your pirate owned.
And the post above about low levels using cannons instead of letting high levels use is another example of how booting could be abused.
One of my suggestions to pirates starting out who want to level up is ride the seas and cannon.
The issue i see most is pirates, mostly high level, getting on ships and just standing in the corner not contributing and collecting all the rewards.
My suggestion would enable you to "black list" those pirates so in futures sailings so they could not leech on your ships.
If enough people black listed leeches it would surely deter this type of behavior.

I havent public crewed very much in this semi beta , but on OG I did religiously on weekends, and reserved my crew guild friends auto most other times just only public ship when u in the
mood to accept a few stowaways they may not all just be leeching, they may need xp or gold and dont have a group to do things with. You can always port .

Booting could be abused by kicking pirates for really no reason right before porting to keep the mat & loot.
I like the "black list" suggestion which would be a list like "friends" list.
Once black listed, the pirate would not have the ability to board any ship your pirate owned.
And the post above about low levels using cannons instead of letting high levels use is another example of how booting could be abused.
One of my suggestions to pirates starting out who want to level up is ride the seas and cannon.
The issue i see most is pirates, mostly high level, getting on ships and just standing in the corner not contributing and collecting all the rewards.
My suggestion would enable you to "black list" those pirates so in futures sailings so they could not leech on your ships.
If enough people black listed leeches it would surely deter this type of behavior.

Except if i'm not mistaken loot doesn't work like that. From what I have seen I think each person on the ship gets a set amount of gold and loot based on what is in the cargo. IF anybody did try that they would learn real fast how useless it is especially considering i can fill my ship with mats and dock with a small crew once then go back out and do it again and tell me guild to join before i port and get the same number of mats. This whole arguement comes with the idea that docking gives you the loot you earned to begin with, and i cant be sure cause im not a dev but I do not think it does.
Stopping low levels from hogging cannons when they don't seem to want to do anything else on your ship but hold a cannon is not abuse I would imagine its one of the reasons SVS ships have a boot button to begin with.
I don't know I have never seen high level pirates wasting space on a ship and just collecting gold unless it was one of my guild members who came on and asked me to park there. I have however seen a bunch of low levels that do it, and also a ton of level 1 through 10 who take up space on cannons but are not really helping with anything because level 2 cannon doesn't do much against a bounty hunter. I would call that leeching more than anything.
A black list really does not help the situation at hand If I have someone on my ship doing something that annoys me I would like them off my ship then not when i have to port, and have to go back out.

Back