Ship Name Plaque(s)?

Do you think Plaques are a good idea?

• Total voters

Constance O'hara

Pirate Lord
Don't know if this should be in Gen. Disc. or this section, or if someone has already posted threads about this idea.
I looked at the POTCO news section and saw this news banner/flag/whatever:
PlaqueOnBackShip.jpg

Why doesn't POTCO add this to our ships? Maybe this is in the 'future update' the names come in?

I would love to be able to buy tags for my ship and choose a piratey font/color/size.

I like the idea but i don't know how anyone will want to pay attention to the rear of your ship to notice your license plate.

Definitely a great idea. I think we have mentioned this long time ago, along with ideas about ship customization itself. Apparently Disney Potco is taking its sweet time to reveal (read: granted) our wishes a little bit at a time. Combinations of type of ship, type of upgrade, color of sail and type of logo/emblem on the sail already result in a whole lot of possibilities. But adding different names will add another dimension to a customization concept even further. It really is going to be 'personal' then. But that's the whole point of customization; which is to make it personal, unique to each pirate.

So I hope game developer team does not stop only on changing the 'writing' on the screen, as to what name we have for our own ship, but also continues with displaying it on the hull of our ship that can be viewed by other players. This should be the same principle as designing logo/emblem on the sail; displaying ship name should not be a complicated game design (it's very doable).

"That guy has no front license plate! Let's get him!" I agree I want the navy eat my sweet black stallion dust by looking at the name of me ship going into the distance.

They spent a lot of time stripping down the details on ships to make the game play easier so adding some detail back in would be nice but will they do it?

Remember when your ship had a bowsprit? And early beta tests the ships had lanterns on them.

Sorry, but I think a ship plaque would be stupid. I would rather have a new weapon or skill added, or a new quest, something that makes game play fun. We can already see ship names. Some people who are really really vain may need to have their Name plastered on their ship. :confused:

Don't know if this should be in Gen. Disc. or this section, or if someone has already posted threads about this idea.
I looked at the POTCO news section and saw this news banner/flag/whatever:
View attachment 23574
Why doesn't POTCO add this to our ships? Maybe this is in the 'future update' the names come in?

I would love to be able to buy tags for my ship and choose a piratey font/color/size.
They are working on adding new names, that is why they had the "SHIP NAME CONTEST" the past couple weeks. Ships are being customized enough. A colored font? Wheeeeee! :rolleyes: lol Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I just think that would be a waste of game space and developers time.

They are working on adding new names, that is why they had the "SHIP NAME CONTEST" the past couple weeks. Ships are being customized enough. A colored font? Wheeeeee! :rolleyes: lol Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I just think that would be a waste of game space and developers time.
I know they are working on adding new names. I never said 'colored fonts', tyvm. I said piratey fonts, and anyone who has played a pirate game knows colored fonts aren't piratey. And it doesn't take up space or time to add in little rectangles on your ships that make the game more realistic. Real pirates in real life had 'plates' on their ships with their names engraved in them.
Adding a 'plate' would take nearly no time, so you cannot compare adding them to adding quests or weapons/skills.

I know they are working on adding new names. I never said 'colored fonts', tyvm. I said piratey fonts, and anyone who has played a pirate game knows colored fonts aren't piratey. And it doesn't take up space or time to add in little rectangles on your ships that make the game more realistic. Real pirates in real life had 'plates' on their ships with their names engraved in them.
Adding a 'plate' would take nearly no time, so you cannot compare adding them to adding quests or weapons/skills.
I expected you to get offended, that's why I put in the "don't be offended" clause lol. I would think you would want the plaque, yes. It's very much needed. ;) :p

Back