Should Disney Raise The Rating Of Potco From E10+ To T For Teen?

Why can't someone else make a T for T version of POTCO and Disney can keep the "kids" version of POTCO? It makes perfect sense to me, and yes it does say on the rating Alcohol Reference. Do we actually get to drink rum like in the movies? No!
fight.gif
Honestly, sometimes I feel like I'm playing Kids of the Caribbean Online.

I say they should. Mostly because I want to see Blood when the bad guys go down! Like in POTBS, but POTBS have a chat filter and if you turn it off, you can say anthing you want. Which I don't want in potco.
Rasing the Rating would allow for more freedom for the makers to add more things in it.
EDIT (Feb 9, 2011 at 7:46 AM):
Why can't someone else make a T for T version of POTCO and Disney can keep the "kids" version of POTCO? It makes perfect sense to me, and yes it does say on the rating Alcohol Reference. Do we actually get to drink rum like in the movies? No! :fight: Honestly, sometimes I feel like I'm playing Kids of the Caribbean Online.

For one reason, money. They should just change the rating now. Kids today see and do alot more things than before so why keep the E 1o?

One Answer I think: It's Disney. I can't think of an mmo game created T for Teen by Disney. It would ruin their whole "policy" of being nice and use kind words in their games.

One Answer I think: It's Disney. I can't think of an mmo game created T for Teen by Disney. It would ruin their whole "policy" of being nice and use kind words in their games.

thats why they should sell it to someone who would make it more pirate like.

Actually, there's a funny story about that. I asked Live Chat along time ago if they would ask Blizzard (who made WOW) to help them improve the game. It sounded like the person I talked spoke for Disney and basically said "We don't want help." So, that's why they won't sell it.

i just looked at POTBS and they have way better graphics than potco. and better ships. :(

The actually should make a pirates online 2 but keep the won that we play right now and make the second won for teens and adults and make the won that we are playing now for kids that will be better i think lol

After reading this and being 13 i feel like you guys dont appreciate kids like us. Most of us arent immature. We are smart kids. Dont go saying parents should be watching there kids because parents have to cook, work, and they cant be like stalking there kid. Parents do stuff with there life. If kids are unlimited then there parents know that they are playing like mine. So please dont disrespect us. I feel very offended

I feel fake when I talk in potco. Cause I have to censor myself it's like in real life when I'm mad I don't censor myself by saying kiddy stuff I would be real and say what's on my mind. There is nothing wrong with cursing there shouldn't even be bad words other than racist words. Idk who complained about words like darn and made it into a bad word, but no word should be bad it's just part of our language.

If were all mature here to handle language let me relay a very intertesting topic: subjective cursing. "Christ" is sometimes used as a swear word. But what is you were Muslim, would you say "Oh Allah!" or if you are Buddhist (sorry if I misspelled) wouldn't you say "Buddah!" out of frustration? And in Star Trek they get away say "Oh Frack!" but we all know the message behind the word.

My point who detirmines what words to be bad or not? Aren't all words apart of language?

Note: If I offened anyone in this post please converse me and tel me what offened you to avoid this in the future and to recieve an apology from me. The views of Captain Fear do not reflect the thoughts and beliefs at piratesoffline.org. Thank you for your time.

If were all mature here to handle language let me relay a very intertesting topic: subjective cursing. "Christ" is sometimes used as a swear word. But what is you were Muslim, would you say "Oh Allah!" or if you are Buddhist (sorry if I misspelled) wouldn't you say "Buddah!" out of frustration? And in Star Trek they get away say "Oh Frack!" but we all know the message behind the word.

My point who detirmines what words to be bad or not? Aren't all words apart of language?

Note: If I offened anyone in this post please converse me and tel me what offened you to avoid this in the future and to recieve an apology from me. The views of Captain Fear do not reflect the thoughts and beliefs at piratesoffline.org. Thank you for your time.
I agree with you Captain Fear and with your note as well. Hector I'm sorry if I offended in you in anyway. I'm talking or typing rather only of people going a "little" crazy in the game meaning abusing chat e.t.c. those are the annoying people.

After reading this and being 13 i feel like you guys dont appreciate kids like us. Most of us arent immature. We are smart kids. Dont go saying parents should be watching there kids because parents have to cook, work, and they cant be like stalking there kid. Parents do stuff with there life. If kids are unlimited then there parents know that they are playing like mine. So please dont disrespect us. I feel very offended

im 13 also. so ur not the only 13 yr. old on here

Ok, for Disney this is business and they have build a great reputation on their name. They made all the pirates movies therefore they will not sell the game based on those movies to any other company. Even asking them would have been a mistake and their answer is very well accepted from their point of view. I don't have a problem with raising the game ratings and adding all the other graphic and language stuff to it however before you think of that, you need to think how will this affect Disney. And remember that you are not being forced to play this game so complains to them about any non game friendly business such as selling the game to blizzard or anyone else would be wrong by any standards since they are the founders and they have a board to make their decisions. They will accept any suggestion about game improvements however i don't think that any business talk with them is negotiable.

It is a good idea that the ratings should increased for a lot of players but you guys are putting the wrong logic behind it.

Take it for what it's worth. Nobody is forcing anyone to play the game. Yes, some people (of various ages) can be a pain, but its quite possible to ignore them. If you can't ignore them, leave the area, go to another ocean, something. They've got just as much a right to be there as you.

In terms of the whole "needs to be more realistic" bit, I'd love to see a bit of blood or hear some swearing, but you're talking about Disney. Let me repeat that; you're talking about Disney. You know, the company with the lovable talking teapots and princesses and stuff like that? Oh, blood? They don't understand the concept. Everyone poops rainbows and bleeds flowers at Disney (figuratively, not literally).

Oh, and Captain Fear, my honors thesis this year is on why language is used certain ways, specifically words we consider to be "unacceptable." Its an interesting project.

Go to youtube and typ in Jeremyjahns subjective swearing. He's a funny gujy that makes good points. I actually based my post off of him.

Back