Site Issues

Mark Scurvyfox

It's been a month that piratesforums.co encounters many problems all times of the day! The site doesn't load correctly, images are missing at times. I can't comment a singe post some times. I'm getting something like: The following error occurred, please try again at 15 seconds! It is very annoying. Administrators please TAKE ACTION! :cursing: :furious:

a41j6e.jpg

Dont be so rude, seriously. It gets annoying. Plus, we are people, the staff and especially Davy Darkrage do anything they can. Just be patient and im sure its gonna be fine. This ' issue 'doesnt even last more than 5 mins anyway

I'm not rude Irene, I express the problems that I encounter this period of time. Moreover you are getting off-topic!

I'd try updating Google Chrome, and anything else such as Adobe Flash etc.. To see if Google Chrome is up to date, go to About, and that will tell you if your browser is up to date. Also sometimes it could simply be the traffic on this site, i mean it is a busy site

I'd try updating Google Chrome, and anything else such as Adobe Flash etc.. To see if Google Chrome is up to date, go to About, and that will tell you if your browser is up to date. Also sometimes it could simply be the traffic on this site, i mean it is a busy site

Its not google chrome nor adobe, i use mozilla, ie and safari. but anyways... just hoping the ' issues ' will be fixed

My browser is up to date. However Chrome is using the integrated plug-in, that causes to my browser to crash at times, so I downloaded the plug-in (Flash player) and I installed it manually.

did you disable the intergrated one? if you have two, it will cause collisionsThere is a update for Google Chrome, it was just released, im updating it right now myself

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a 'cool down' time you have to wait between posting comments. This is done to prevent people from posting multiple short messages just to get their message count up.

No, it took me about 2 minutes to write before to post it, so the time period is technically ended. However as you can see it won't let me do it.

No, it took me about 2 minutes to write before to post it, so the time period is technically ended. However as you can see it won't let me do it.
Just be patient and allow Davy the time he needs to get back with you on this. While I do understand what you are saying (as sometimes I have these problems too), the dynamics behind running a website as popular as this one, I am sure, entail effort to keep things running smoothly.

While there might be some minimum issues you are experiencing, understand your concern will be addressed in due time. :pirate1:

Firstly, I do appreciate problems getting reported. If you don't speak up when you have a problem, I probably don't know it's happening and have no plans to look into it or fix it.

That said, don't lump problems together. Believe it or not 2 problems are often unrelated to each other, and lumping them in the same group makes it more difficult for me to track down. The only real problem I can see are the 'Temporarily Unavailable' errors which I will get fixed over this weekend (probably tomorrow).

I fixed images not loading 2 days ago and there have been no other real errors over the past month. We had a power outage not too long ago and occasionally the site might have been down for routine maintenance but nothing else out of the ordinary.

Mark Scurvyfox I believe it's so slow for you because our servers are in San Jose/Las Vegas and you're in Greece. I wish there was something I could do about it, but short of moving the server elsewhere (not going to happen) there's nothing I can do.

Back