Sports Rivalries

Clearly you have never been to an Alabama vs Auburn game (Roll Tide!!)

You win Kat ;)

BybflLK.png

Last edited:
Clearly you have never been to an Alabama vs Auburn game (Roll Tide!!)
Clearly none of you have seen the rivalry between Djurgarden, AIK and Hammarby all located in Stockholm in Sweden. They are crazy at almost every single game they fight each other and fight the police. Inside the arena the core fan groups are separated by putting them on one end of the field and the other on the other end yet they still get to each other. I saw a hockey game a few year's back where AIK and Djurgarden fans tried to run across to the other side during a hockey game between the two teams and they lit flares inside the arena and threw them at each other and many punches were thrown.

Clearly none of you have seen the rivalry between Djurgarden, AIK and Hammarby in Sweden. They are crazy at almost every single game they fight each other and fight the police. Inside the arena the core fan groups are separated by putting them on one end of the field and the other on the other end yet they still get to each other. I saw a hockey game a few year's back where AIK and Djurgarden fans tried to run across to the other side during a hockey game between the two teams and they lit flares inside the arena and threw them at each other and many punches were thrown.
That's taking things to a new level. Whoah!

Clearly none of you have seen the rivalry between Djurgarden, AIK and Hammarby in Sweden. They are crazy at almost every single game they fight each other and fight the police. Inside the arena the core fan groups are separated by putting them on one end of the field and the other on the other end yet they still get to each other. I saw a hockey game a few year's back where AIK and Djurgarden fans tried to run across to the other side during a hockey game between the two teams and they lit flares inside the arena and threw them at each other and many punches were thrown.

That sounds totally epic.

This is the nice side of it though if I am not allowed to add this youtube clip the mods are allowed to take it down.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stFT3x2_GO0
With guys, it's all about competition. That is what most drives us. Once you begin to understand that, you can find ways to alleviate it's effect.

Rare is there a guy whom doesn't (subconsciously) try to compare himself with another and to try to figure out how he can better another, on various levels.

Honestly Football in europe is more about the fighting and rioting then it is the sport itself. Football riots are a yearly thing around the world.

With guys, it's all about competition. That is what most drives us. Once you begin to understand that, you can find ways to alleviate it's effect.

Rare is there a guy whom doesn't (subconsciously) try to compare himself with another and to try to figure out how he can better another, on various levels.
Absolutely.

Honestly Football in europe is more about the fighting and rioting then it is the sport itself. Football riots are a yearly thing around the world.
To some extent yes but you have to remember it is only a very small fraction of fans that fight. It is usually only a few hundred people that do that. Sure fights will always break out sometimes between two people but the organized violence we see in Europe at soccer games and even at hockey games in Sweden for example 99% of that is between the so called firms like in the movie Green Street Hooligans with Elijah Wood. So it is a very small group of people that cause most of the problems. And the biggest issue is that they always cover their faces so they can never be identified by cameras inside the arena itself. And without possible identification they can not get banned from the games.

Absolutely.
I can tell you with myself, there is an inner-drive within me towards "fighting" towards a cause. At one time, that cause was directed at Disney. Funny thing is, I am not even sure how it got there nor why it won't leave, lol. (It's like a bad :( relative whom visits your home and the next thing you know, they're sleeping in your bed with their hand between your 'pillows,' lol).

Back