Announcement Stability Notice (2/3)

you ever try to do that i'm putting my child mind on off mode because i'm 22 and thats when the law is called ddosing is not allowed in the usa or anywhere in the world if you try to do anything to the game or any one in it i will get the law invoted don't push it this game means that much to me I know if you ddos some one if will get should down and none of the staff or devs not ever I will be able to save it it will just be like 2013 all over again dont do that. Please no ones here to get any one if you ddos any your most like to go to jail because you going to be hitting a lot more then you think i know this dont do it.
mate, no one said anything about ddosing for fun, it was a pure idea for stress testing the server before a new release. So that we wouldn't have that kind of lag

Probably wouldn't work. As I understand it, ddos just floods the ports at the packet service level and would do nothing to test the internal servers themselves. Like they said, nothing tests it better than throwing it out there to the actual users/gamers.
There is, in my opinion, something better.
It's called a Test Server.
Even considering the size of the current player base, I think this game could easily gather enough qualified volunteers to flesh one out.

FYI, invasion report:
Knocked off twice.
Managed to log back on in time to help defeat JR.
Still v laggy but was able to fight on a low populated server.

FYI, invasion report:
Knocked off twice.
Managed to log back on in time to help defeat JR.
Still v laggy but was able to fight on a low populated server.

Too add onto this, it seems that on the higher populated servers. After a few seconds into an invasion, the skeletons go "Invisible" or just off screen to where you can't hit them. Inturn meaning they can go past barriers, and get all the way to the Mansion without being killed, while being able to break it. On low pop it seems that it doesn't occur.

Invasion report from Belleza

Outcome: 7/7 waves + JR defeated

Final notes: 20-30 present. Some of the undead randomly froze in place/Server slowed down which was noticeable by local chat messages not showing up immediately via chatbox + popup over my pirates head as well as hostile forces not appearing to take any damage until 5 to 10 minutes (Rough estimate) into the battle.

Last edited:
They need to fix the darn crashing... The invasion.... who the barnacles did it... everyone i know crashed... this game is trash now.... I used to love this game... You cant even go sailing on abassa without crashing... barnacles the game now... and barnacles the GM's They dont wanna fix the problems.... If you really wanna fix it... set a limit on how many people per server... you got all the darn servers with no one on it..

FYI, this just does NOT work well on only 3 servers. It ran as well as it ever has on the second run when it was all spread evenly. The game has crashed three times for me before even hitting wave 6 cause there are too many people.

Welcome to the forums Espolong!

The team is aware of the issues surrounding today's release of invasions. I've been maintaining this thread with an update log regarding the status of this issue and the steps we're taking in order to resolve it.

We of course are very willing to listen to community feedback and strive to squash as many bugs as possible. Thanks for participating in our testing sessions today and for being a great tester!

Last edited:
I have a ideal that will help stabilize the server... Limit the amount of players (I recomend 125 per server) on a server and including districts (districts wise or general vicinity 15 players)

Just an update on this:

cded2e5bcb6e0399b9c7d9d127eb96bf.png

They need to fix the darn crashing... The invasion.... who the barnacles did it... everyone i know crashed... this game is trash now.... I used to love this game... You cant even go sailing on abassa without crashing... barnacles the game now... and barnacles the GM's They dont wanna fix the problems.... If you really wanna fix it... set a limit on how many people per server... you got all the darn servers with no one on it..
Relax, you just joined and this is why tlopo is doing more real world tests. Read the newest forums about this recent testing activity before coming on the threads not knowing what's really going on.

Just an update on this:

cded2e5bcb6e0399b9c7d9d127eb96bf.png
Wasn't there 3 more invasions after the 3 pm one? I think I was in 3 invasions, but I know I did not make the very first published one.
Anyways, I believe those 3 completed for a majority of people, however the last two I was not able to finish due to repeated kicking to the desktop.
All invasions suffered from lag which is known. But many parts of the event worked, such as mapping, invading forces appeared where they where represented on the map. I noted that all pirates functioned properly as far as I could tell.
Also not sure if trying to crew up caused some issues as well.
Now i remember, there was 8pm, 10pm and midnight. 8PM worked well enough and I didn't get dc'd in that one.

The animations were cool, and the big guys carrying dynamite I think were neat. All the barriers and other graphics were solid except with the enemy issues. The visuals leading up to the invasion and arrival of the ship was well done and atmospheric. I have no input about sound as I have all mine turned off as yet.

Look forward to more invasions and testing soon.
Thanks for the devs and staff involving members more into the growth of this game.

10 pm invasion:
Andaba

• Went well as long as I stayed back from the crowd. (Used bombs on enemy)
  • Did not crash
  • Loads of lag when I ventured into the crowd (happened with Disney too)

Note: A lot of my issue is because my laptop is just that, a laptop. It isn't a gaming laptop and my wifi isn't great.
I remember I had a desktop pc during the Disney era and while I didn't crash there was still a great amount of lag on crowded servers. After I mastered my pirate, I could fight Jolly on my own on a quiet server.

Conclusion:
Making progress. Game worked better during 2nd invasion (on the system I have). Invasion will work better if all servers participate to cut down on over-crowding.

:thewave:

PS: Honestly, I do not understand all the whining (not to mention, down right rudeness) going on. The game is still in Beta or test mode. Bugs/errors will happen. Our feedback will help, not our ridicule.

And it is FREE !

Geez, people!

Last edited:
I will admit I was completely frustrated with the first invasion. But was able to play the others better. Thankful you all are collecting data from these invasions and working hard to fix the issues. Biggest problems I saw were lag and disconnects. Hopefully tweaking the servers is the answer. Much appreciated.

Back