Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Don't forget them killing a beloved character cause they did that in ANH too. (Example: Darth Vader kills Ben in ANH and Kylo kills Han Solo in TFA)

Either way, I do understand how for some it was frustrating that they re-used so many plot points already used in ANH but to be honest, I think this was just a ground-setting movie to keep the fanbase from going up in arms like they have in previous attempts to make a Star Wars movie (Prequels and clone wars) so I think it was a good attempt. As for future movies, I am of course expecting more from them than what they showed in this movie obviously but I'll probably still end up watching it in theaters either way...
I did. I said, "... a main character/mentor figure dying (also done in TPM) ..." The character in TPM being Qui-Gon.
I agree that this one wasn't ground-breaking like the originals, but it really wasn't meant to be. It was meant to bring us back to the spirit of the originals, and it 100% succeeded.

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, why is AOTC your favorite? I'm not a prequel basher (save for TPM; it sucked), but when it comes to them, most people like ROTS best of the three.

The plot was good throughout the whole movie. The Kamino clone mystery was really interesting, and the Battle of Geonosis was awesome, as well as Count Dooku battling Anakin/Obi Wan and Yoda. I know I'm in the minority, but I do enjoy the prequels a lot. Other than the Anakin "I don't like sand" Skywalker/Padme love story, I don't see anything wrong with the prequels.

Also, seeing TFA a second time did give me a better impression of it. I do like the movie, I just felt it should have been better, which is because
it was really similar to ANH, and some points of the movie didn't make a lot of sense. For example, Rey seems to master her newfound force powers very quickly (ex: Jedi Mind Trick on the Stormtrooper, force pulling her lightsaber, beating Kylo Ren). I feel like once the whole trilogy has been released, TFA will be a lot better when we look back on it.

The plot was good throughout the whole movie. The Kamino clone mystery was really interesting, and the Battle of Geonosis was awesome, as well as Count Dooku battling Anakin/Obi Wan and Yoda. I know I'm in the minority, but I do enjoy the prequels a lot. Other than the Anakin "I don't like sand" Skywalker/Padme love story, I don't see anything wrong with the prequels.

Also, seeing TFA a second time did give me a better impression of it. I do like the movie, I just felt it should have been better, which is because
it was really similar to ANH, and some points of the movie didn't make a lot of sense. For example, Rey seems to master her newfound force powers very quickly (ex: Jedi Mind Trick on the Stormtrooper, force pulling her lightsaber, beating Kylo Ren). I feel like once the whole trilogy has been released, TFA will be a lot better when we look back on it.
Nah, you're not in the minority. I think most people who like the prequels don't say so for fear of receiving hate for it. I also like the prequels, aside from 80% of TPM and the "romance" subplot between Anakin and Padmé in ATOC (there were actually 2 scenes between them that didn't feel forced and didn't make me wanna gag). There is very little in ROTS I dislike, aside from little things like, "No, it's because I'm so in love with you," or "No, no, you will die!!" Other than that, the prequels are not bad at all.

It did have similarities to ANH, but not that many. I also have theories as to why Rey is so adept with the Force; for example, I definitely think she is Luke's daughter, and we already know that Anakin and Luke are two of the most Force-sensitive beings in the galaxy. She also doesn't seem to have memories from before she was left on Jakku, so I'm wondering if she was being trained by Luke, but when Kylo went rogue, her memories were erased or suppressed, and the "Awakening" is her rediscovering powers she had already learned to use as a child.

I still don't understand why Finn was using the lightsaber. Is he force sensitive too? Overall great movie though, still tore a part of my heart out....

Also this is Disney right after TFA released :3 :gold:

I still don't understand why Finn was using the lightsaber. Is he force sensitive too? Overall great movie though, still tore a part of my heart out....

Also this is Disney right after TFA released :3 :gold:
Really wished Finn was the Jedi. I freaking love Finn. He's now my second-favorite character behind Han Solo. But the fact that he could hold his own for as long as he did should mean something pretty significant. I'm excited to see what he does in Episode VIII. Also pretty interested to see what happens with Rey, too.

Back