Star Wars: The Force Awakens

could that be Han solo at 1:45 hope thats not him he is getting to old to continue is roll as han solo
Yeah, there has been a lot of speculation about it being Han. I personally hope he doesn't die, but who knows. Harrison did want Han to be killed off way back during the filming of ROTJ. Not sure how he feels about it now, though.

BTW, I made a reaction video for the 3rd trailer:

Don't hate me; I know it's not a good quality video (i.e. I wasn't talking very loud cause my grandparents were sleeping, it's recorded on my phone, and I recorded it as a portrait instead of landscape). But hey, whatever. It's my first ever YouTube video. Anyway.... that went way off topic.

My co-workers and I got free tickets to see this on the 18th due to a conference we have to attend beforehand but even if the conference sucks, I'm still pretty hyped about getting to see this.

Alright guys, I'm going to see it tonight at 7 PM EST. I'll be sure to spoil EVERYTHING! (LOL just kidding!)

Anyway, may the Force be with you all! Hope everyone will have a festive day/evening, whenever you go to see it.

The AWAKENING has begun. :popcorn::vader:

I've seen it twice so far. It really is a good movie.
Same here. I love it.

Here's how I rank the films:
1. The Empire Strikes Back (9.5)
2. A New Hope (9.0)
3. The Force Awakens (9.0)
4. Revenge of the Sith (8.5)
5. Return of the Jedi (8.5)
6. Attack of the Clones (7.5)
7. The Phantom Menace (6.5)

To be honest I was disappointed in it. I did enjoy the movie I just thought it would be better. I won't spoil anything but maybe I was expecting too much out of it, but it definitely wasn't as good as past movies. It was waaay too similar to A New Hope. The plot in general was very very very similar. This movie left too much explaining to do. There were way too many characters that didn't have their backgrounds explained very well, and they tried way too hard to be funny. Finn and Kylo Ren both aren't as cool for many reasons that I won't go into detail because of spoilers. I think it does a great job of setting up the next movies, so I feel like the trilogy as a whole will be very good.

This is how I rank the Star Wars movies:
1. Attack of the Clones
2. Return of the Jedi
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. The Force Awakens
5. A New Hope
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. The Phantom Menace

It's hard to rank them though, I like them all so much and have seen them all a bunch of times.

That being said, I don't think any of the Star Wars movies are bad. I like the prequels a lot. Before watching TFA, me and some friends watched the other 6 Star Wars, and one of my friends who had never seen any Star Wars before said the prequels were better than the originals (after watching them), so I don't see why the prequels are hated so much. The action is very good in them.

To be honest I was disappointed in it. I did enjoy the movie I just thought it would be better. I won't spoil anything but maybe I was expecting too much out of it, but it definitely wasn't as good as past movies. It was waaay too similar to A New Hope. The plot in general was very very very similar. This movie left too much explaining to do. There were way too many characters that didn't have their backgrounds explained very well, and they tried way too hard to be funny. Finn and Kylo Ren both aren't as cool for many reasons that I won't go into detail because of spoilers. I think it does a great job of setting up the next movies, so I feel like the trilogy as a whole will be very good.

1. Attack of the Clones
2. Return of the Jedi
4. The Force Awakens
5. A New Hope
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. The Phantom Menace

It's hard to rank them though, I like them all so much and have seen them all a bunch of times.

That being said, I don't think any of the Star Wars movies are bad. I like the prequels a lot. Before watching TFA, me and some friends watched the other 6 Star Wars, and one of my friends who had never seen any Star Wars before said the prequels were better than the originals (after watching them), so I don't see why the prequels are hated so much. The action is very good in them.

I agree completely man, I was pretty disappointed with the film was expecting it to be much better than the prequels.
My ranks for the Star Wars movies
1. Return of the Jedi
2. A New Hope
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Force Awakens
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Phantom Menace

Last edited:

1. Attack of the Clones
2. Return of the Jedi
4. The Force Awakens
5. A New Hope
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. The Phantom Menace

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, why is AOTC your favorite? I'm not a prequel basher (save for TPM; it sucked), but when it comes to them, most people like ROTS best of the three.

This movie did not feel like a letdown to me because:
1. I did not go to see it with any expectations, good or bad (though I was very excited to be seeing a Star Wars film in the theatre for the first time).
2. Even though there are similarities between it and ANH, its purpose was to take Wars back to its roots, and it very much did that.

That said, the only big similarities between TFA and ANH are:
A planet-killing superweapon (also done in ROTJ), a main character/mentor figure dying (also done in TPM), and the main character growing up on a desert planet (also done in TPM). The latter similarity is most likely done on purpose, considering that Rey is more than likely Luke's daughter.

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, why is AOTC your favorite? I'm not a prequel basher (save for TPM; it sucked), but when it comes to them, most people like ROTS best of the three.

This movie did not feel like a letdown to me because:
1. I did not go to see it with any expectations, good or bad (though I was very excited to be seeing a Star Wars film in the theatre for the first time).
2. Even though there are similarities between it and ANH, its purpose was to take Wars back to its roots, and it very much did that.

That said, the only big similarities between TFA and ANH are:
A planet-killing superweapon (also done in ROTJ), a main character/mentor figure dying (also done in TPM), and the main character growing up on a desert planet (also done in TPM). The latter similarity is most likely done on purpose, considering that Rey is more than likely Luke's daughter.
Don't forget them killing a beloved character cause they did that in ANH too. (Example: Darth Vader kills Ben in ANH and Kylo kills Han Solo in TFA)

(Obviously, I can't read since he said pretty much the same thing.)

Either way, I do understand how for some it was frustrating that they re-used so many plot points already used in ANH but to be honest, I think this was just a ground-setting movie to keep the fanbase from going up in arms like they have in previous attempts to make a Star Wars movie (Prequels and clone wars) so I think it was a good attempt. As for future movies, I am of course expecting more from them than what they showed in this movie obviously but I'll probably still end up watching it in theaters either way...

Last edited:
Back