STARWARS

Would you like to see Star Wars cross with POTCO

• Total voters

Davy Redbones

Honorable Pirate
Does anyone play any of the newer star wars games? Like the Old republic or the Clone Wars online game I've been thinking about trying them, and who would like to see a potco star wars cross now that Disney owns star wars? Of course the pirates would have some type of cursed blade that could fight against a light saber, and I'm sure we could use voodoo agaisnt the force.

:banana split:

Mega Star Wars nerd here, and I have to say no. No, no no no no. Not trying to be rude or anything, but Star Wars should stay Star Wars and not be polluted by Disney's pirates. Also, only a few materials can withstand lightsabers and pirate swords are not one of them. Different universes. Totally different.
And a trained Force-user would obliterate a pirate with their silly voodoo :D
Cool idea, but I just don't think it'd work with these two universes.

Eh it might have potential, but I myself ( both a big Pirates of The Caribbean fan and a Star Wars cultist... ) would have both universes separated as they've always been and as they belong....
I mean, i don't put one over the other one in terms of content or stuff, but they are just the sort of combination you wouldn't like to see together. Its like The Lord of the Rings and Batman, hardly a potential couple...

Nonetheless both "universes" might have some aspects in common such as the existence of "superpowers" ( voodoo power and The Force ) and they both have this thing about outlaws : pirates, smugglers, bounty hunters, criminal cartels, Han Solo -- Jack Sparrow. And possibly minor yet important, the existence of ethics and moralities : good vs evil, light side vs dark side, good pirates vs mean pirates, small independent people vs overgrown and powerful multinationals ( a.k.a EITC... )...
But then again, as separate elements, they work perfectly, together they are catastrophic... If something of this sort of content was to be created, then it should be invented on a brand new "literary context" and on a brand new base : other story backgrounds, whole new characters, whole new stuff. Like a Science-fiction - Piracy "universe" ( STAR WARS would still beat this new thing so its not likely to happen... but given the time and resources... who knows----- )

Mega Star Wars nerd here, and I have to say no. No, no no no no. Not trying to be rude or anything, but Star Wars should stay Star Wars and not be polluted by Disney's pirates. Also, only a few materials can withstand lightsabers and pirate swords are not one of them. Different universes. Totally different.
And a trained Force-user would obliterate a pirate with their silly voodoo :D
Cool idea, but I just don't think it'd work with these two universes.
I second that, except SWTOR would then be rampid with hackers and have a crappy dev team. Also, the day I see space pirates is the day I give up rum. Secondly, SWTOR does not apply since EA and BioWare still have it. Thirdly, there would be no more purpose for classes.

What if a pirate got a hold of a forced imbued blade? I'm sure that if a bounty hunter could get ahold of a lightsaber like has happened freguently in The Clone Wars t.v. series then a pirate could find a force imbued blade or atleast figure out how to forge one. Also if you remember from the clone wars t.v. series the nightsisters were able to atleast take on Count Dooku with there ''magic'' or as pirates know it as voodoo, but I also see what your saying by not polluting starwars. I'm not talking about anything major, maybe just a parody or something.As for pirates in space/ in star wars its already happened in the clone wars.

Attachments

• star_wars_the_clone_wars_hondo_ohnaka_by_seekerarmada-d5fqci8.jpg
    star_wars_the_clone_wars_hondo_ohnaka_by_seekerarmada-d5fqci8.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
What if a pirate got a hold of a forced imbued blade? I'm sure that if a bounty hunter could get ahold of a lightsaber like has happened freguently in The Clone Wars t.v. series then a pirate could find a force imbued blade or atleast figure out how to forge one. Also if you remember from the clone wars t.v. series the nightsisters were able to atleast take on Count Dooku with there ''magic'' or as pirates know it as voodoo
You can't imbue an average sword with the Force. Also, the Nightsisters practiced Force-driven magicks so it wasn't voodoo.

You can't imbue an average sword with the Force. Also, the Nightsisters practiced Force-driven magicks so it wasn't voodoo.

Yea I'm a little rusty on my night sister knowledge lol, but if nothing else mandalorian iron. Even though mandalorian iron was hard to craft i think pirates would atleast be able to loot some of it, and there had to be alot of it atleast at one time since Mandalorians used it for their weapons, armor, and sometimes their star ships even. Also if you remember Palpatines Jedi Purge clone troopers were able to take down jedi, this was by surprize yes ,but they were still able to do it, and many Jedi fell before this by just being ooutnumbered by to many battle droids. So if pirates could get a jedi alone , and there were alot of pirates they might stand a chance of killing the jedi.( I know this is stretching it lol, and do u know anything about what happened with Captian Rex? I've seen stories in which he didnt particate in the jedi purge, but I think they are fanfiction. Do you know anything about this?)

Yea I'm a little rusty on my night sister knowledge lol, but if nothing else mandalorian iron. Even though mandalorian iron was hard to craft i think pirates would atleast be able to loot some of it, and there had to be alot of it atleast at one time since Mandalorians used it for their weapons, armor, and sometimes their star ships even. Also if you remember Palpatines Jedi Purge clone troopers were able to take down jedi, this was by surprize yes ,but they were still able to do it, and many Jedi fell before this by just being ooutnumbered by to many battle droids. So if pirates could get a jedi alone , and there were alot of pirates they might stand a chance of killing the jedi.( I know this is stretching it lol, and do u know anything about what happened with Captian Rex? I've seen stories in which he didnt particate in the jedi purge, but I think they are fanfiction. Do you know anything about this?)
Jedi aren't hard to kill. Mandalorians generally specialize in wiping out the filth known as Force-users. yes, I do hate force-users.
And even though there is Mandalorian Iron, I'm a rabid fangirl of the Mandalorians so I don't want any ol' pirate having it.
There is cortosis which I could see pirates using. It can temporarily short-out a lightsaber, making it useless for a few minutes. It can even be used in armor, so that wouldn't be much of a stretch.
(and here's Captain Rex's wiki info, dunno if it says anything about his participation)

Jedi aren't hard to kill. Mandalorians generally specialize in wiping out the filth known as Force-users. yes, I do hate force-users.
And even though there is Mandalorian Iron, I'm a rabid fangirl of the Mandalorians so I don't want any ol' pirate having it.
There is cortosis which I could see pirates using. It can temporarily short-out a lightsaber, making it useless for a few minutes. It can even be used in armor, so that wouldn't be much of a stretch.
(and here's Captain Rex's wiki info, dunno if it says anything about his participation)

Okay now that ik that u are a Mandalorian fan what did you think when Darth Maul killed Pre Vizsla? And what is your opinion on Ashoka Tano?

Okay now that ik that u are a Mandalorian fan what did you think when Darth Maul killed Pre Vizsla? And what is your opinion on Ashoka Tano?
Gettin' a lil' off topic, but..
Wasn't too happy. Pre was one of my favorite characters in TCW for the simple fact he hated Satine and was trying to bring the Mandalorians back to their roots. Somewhat. He was still way off..
Though I do give Darth Maul two thumbs-up for killing that traitorous trash Satine Kryze!
And Ahsoka, she was one of the easier characters to stomach. I didn't like her though, too naive. And she was a Jedi... bleh

As far as pirates in Star Wars goes, I'm a huge fan of Hondo Ohnaka. :)

who isn't lol
Gettin' a lil' off topic, but..
Wasn't too happy. Pre was one of my favorite characters in TCW for the simple fact he hated Satine and was trying to bring the Mandalorians back to their roots. Somewhat. He was still way off..
Though I do give Darth Maul two thumbs-up for killing that traitorous trash Satine Kryze!
And Ahsoka, she was one of the easier characters to stomach. I didn't like her though, too naive. And she was a Jedi... bleh

I didn't really know what else we could talk about that was on topic lol
who isn't lol

I didn't really know what else we could talk about that was on topic lol

Wait I remembered something. The Yuuzhan Vong were immune to most force abilites, and they were from a different galaxy then the starwars galaxy. So in theory the pirates in this galaxy would also be immune to some of the force abilites. Also if this theory proved untrue I'm sure that pirates could capture a creture like the Ysalamir to use agianst force weilders of any short.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuuzhan Vong and Humans working together? :skullpeak: NO. whatever remains good of the canon would be immediately decimated.
Pirates and Lightsabers = more meatbags (yes, i did just use the HK's favorite line)
so in other words, Pirates wouldn't survive longer then a couple of days maybe? against people from the Star Wars galaxy due to the fact, Star Wars has the Death Star, Star Destroyers and a motherload of fancy TIE fighters while Pirates have a fancy boat. yea. I don't know about you but usually when a wooden boat goes against one made out of metal, the wooden one tends to draw the short straw. Granted though if the Rebellion/Republic found them instead of the Empire, things might work out but i guess not really it would just mean there would be a bunch of peg-legged, eye-patch wearing, blaster wielding weirdos, who would stick out of a crowd like a dude with 2 ft hair.

Yuuzhan Vong and Humans working together? :skullpeak: NO. whatever remains good of the canon would be immediately decimated.
Pirates and Lightsabers = more meatbags (yes, i did just use the HK's favorite line)
so in other words, Pirates wouldn't survive longer then a couple of days maybe? against people from the Star Wars galaxy due to the fact, Star Wars has the Death Star, Star Destroyers and a motherload of fancy TIE fighters while Pirates have a fancy boat. yea. I don't know about you but usually when a wooden boat goes against one made out of metal, the wooden one tends to draw the short straw. Granted though if the Rebellion/Republic found them instead of the Empire, things might work out but i guess not really it would just mean there would be a bunch of peg-legged, eye-patch wearing, blaster wielding weirdos, who would stick out of a crowd like a dude with 2 ft hair.
They wouldn't even have blasters. They'd have the junky old pistols of the 1700s... That would be hilarious.

I wasnt meaning Yuuzhan Vong and humans working togeher :p I was meaning that since we live in a different galaxy we might be outside of the force like they are.

Ok, I'm old school Star Wars here. I've seen the Clone Wars movie, lol kids have it and some of the CW games, and I've seen most of the series on TV (until we got rid of cable). So, I dont know everyone you are talking about now. Of course, some of the old school SW fans do not like the CW (has to do with the fact that its a cartoon). *shrug*

Anyhoo... trying to mix something from one century to another is way off. Pirates took place in the Age of Piracy and Star Wars takes place so many millenia from now. You cannot compare the two other than as El Corsario said above. Trying to merge the two would not work either. Lol can you imagine how much crazier Jack Sparrow would become once he saw some of the species from SW?!

Seriously, I think the only Sci-Fi story line that could possibly be merged with Pirates of the Caribbean would be Star Trek! Lol they already time traveled once... ;)

I say no. It would be a bad idea and ruin Star Wars and Pirates as we know it.

Ok, I'm old school Star Wars here. I've seen the Clone Wars movie, lol kids have it and some of the CW games, and I've seen most of the series on TV (until we got rid of cable). So, I dont know everyone you are talking about now. Of course, some of the old school SW fans do not like the CW (has to do with the fact that its a cartoon). *shrug*

Anyhoo... trying to mix something from one century to another is way off. Pirates took place in the Age of Piracy and Star Wars takes place so many millenia from now. You cannot compare the two other than as El Corsario said above. Trying to merge the two would not work either. Lol can you imagine how much crazier Jack Sparrow would become once he saw some of the species from SW?!

Seriously, I think the only Sci-Fi story line that could possibly be merged with Pirates of the Caribbean would be Star Trek! Lol they already time traveled once... ;)

I say no. It would be a bad idea and ruin Star Wars and Pirates as we know it.

Im just saying that i would rather see a potc meets starwars then something like alien or predator meets starwars, which is something they are making a big deal about right now.

Back