Do you like the idea of status names?

• Yeh!

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Nah...

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

Annah6818

Honorable Pirate
Maybe we could have status titles for what skill your character is best at, or highest level in.
When you first start off your status name would be Landlubber, since you have no experience in any skill.
Players will be able to choose which skill group they would like their status title to reflect off of.

Sailing-
Level 5- Boatswain
Level 10- Coxswain
Level 20- Quartermaster
Level 30- Captain

Swords/dagger-
Level 5- Apprentice
Level 15- Swordsman
Level 30- Master Swordsman

Gun
Level 5- Powder Monkey Off-Shooter
Level 10- Striker
Level 20- Gunner Musketeer
Level 30- Musketeer Deadeye

Cannon/grenade- (need help thinking of names for this one)
++Level 5- Powder Monkey
Level 10- Bombardier Gunner
++Level 20- Demolitonist
Level 30- Cannoneer Master Gunner

Voodoo (doll, potions, staff)
Level 10- Witch
Level 20- Gypsy
Level 30- Witchmaster Witch Doctor

Fishing-
Level 10- Novice Fisherman
Level 20- Fisherman
Level 30- Fishmaster

++Players could also be able to choose use their PvP OR SvS Ranking Title and their ranking badge have as their pirate's status title.
Since some of the names are repeated from other skills we could include PvP or SvS Infront of the Title
Players could also be able to choose whether they want to display their PvP or SvS badge with their chosen status title
++PvP
Level 0- (PvP)Novice
Level 1- (PvP)Rookie
Level 2- (PvP)Brawler
Level 3- (PvP) Duelist
Level 4- (PvP) Buccaneer
Level 5- (PvP) Swashuckler
Level 6- (PvP)War Dog
Level 7- (PvP) War Master
++SvS
Level 0-(SvS) Swabbie
Level 1-(SvS) Mariner
Level 2-(SvS) Lieutenant
Level 3-(SvS) Commander
Level 4-(SvS) Captain
Level 5-(SvS) Commodore
Level 6-(SvS) Vice Admiral
Level 7-(SvS) Admiral

++PvP Badges
Level 1
latest

Level 2
latest

Level 3
latest

Level 4
latest

Level 5
latest

Level 6
latest

Level 7
latest

++SvS Badges

Level 1
latest

Level 2
latest

Level 3
latest

Level 4
latest

Level 5
latest

Level 6
latest

Level 7
latest

++Additional Ideas:
++ Players can also earn titles from defeating bosses. Titles could include Killer, Heartless, Cursed Pirate, ect. Titles would be awarded after defeating Navy Bosses, Undead Bosses, Ghost Bosses, and Jumbee Bosses. The connotation of the title will increase based on rarity and difficulty of boss.
Titles aren't chosen, titles are open to idea suggestions.
If a title is suggested, please include the boss it will apply to.

(Source http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/PvP)
(http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Badges_(Menu) )

For the skills that have combined status-
For Voodoo Skill Group- Status title will be based off your Voodoo Doll skill level
For Cannon/Grenade- When you reach the needed level for the status title in either skill, you will achieve the status name, without needing to level the other skill. (Example- If you get Grenade level 10 before the cannon skill , you will acquire the status title without needing to reach level 10 in cannon skill.)
For Sword/Dagger- Same as Cannon/Granade

Names could be changed, I spent a while looking for names for each one but some of them I think could be changed. It just gave the idea.
++ <- added from feedback of thread.

Last edited:
For cannon/grenade you could use "Demolitionist" "Gunner" or "Master Gunner"

Voodoo should be Witch Doctor instead of Witchmaster

Since "Gunner" could be for cannons, the positions of the same name in guns could become "Musketeer" and the Musketeer positions could become "Deadeye"

For cannon/grenade you could use "Demolitionist" "Gunner" or "Master Gunner"

Voodoo should be Witch Doctor instead of Witchmaster

Since "Gunner" could be for cannons, the positions of the same name in guns could become "Musketeer" and the Musketeer positions could become "Deadeye"

Oh yes I like that! Thank you!:party:

Maybe we could have status titles for what skill your character is best at, or highest level in.
When you first start off your status name would be Landlubber, since you have no experience in any skill.
Players will be able to choose which skill group they would like their status title to reflect off of.

Sailing-
Level 5- Boatswain
Level 10- Coxswain
Level 20- Quartermaster
Level 30- Captain

Swords/dagger-
Level 5- Apprentice
Level 15- Swordsman

Gun
Level 5- Powder Monkey
Level 10- Striker

+Level 20- Demolitionist

Level 10- Witch
Level 20- Gypsy

Fishing-
Level 20- Fisherman
Level 30- Fishmaster

For Voodoo Skill Group- Status title will be based off your Voodoo Doll skill level
For Cannon/Grenade- When you reach the needed level for the status title in either skill, you will achieve the status name, without needing to level the other skill. (Example- If you get Grenade level 10 before the cannon skill , you will acquire the status title without needing to reach level 10 in cannon skill.)

Names could be changed, I spent a while looking for names for each one but some of them I think could be changed. It just gave the idea.

I would recommend another name for witch or witch doctor since they sound so similar, but I have no names to recommend. But I definatly bump this idea, keep it up!

I would recommend another name for witch or witch doctor since they sound so similar, but I have no names to recommend. But I definatly bump this idea, keep it up!
Yeah :( I was struggling to find names for some. Took me about an hour and half to find enough names for each one. I searched pirate glossary sites and looked at what the game calls certain people. I changed some names based on feedback. If anyone finds better names for a title I'm open to any ideas. The main reason why I combined skills into groups is because it was difficult to find enough different names for each.

Sailing-
Level 5- Boatswain
Level 10- Coxswain
Level 20- Quartermaster
Level 30- Captain

Swords/dagger-
Level 5- Apprentice
Level 15- Swordsman

Gun
Level 5- Powder Monkey Off-Shooter
Level 10- Striker

+Level 5- Powder Monkey
+Level 20- Demolitonist

Level 10- Witch
Level 20- Gypsy

Fishing-
Level 20- Fisherman
Level 30- Fishmaster

Maybe you could do Assassin and Master Assassin as a couple ranks for dagger? idk

How about make it to where you can have the title of what pvp/svs rank that youre at?
I didn't think of that! I looked up the rankings on the wiki from the old game(I never did much of Pvp) and the rankings are 1-7 and they do already have named titles for them:
0 - Novice
1 - Rookie
2 - Brawler
3 - Duelist
4 - Buccaneer
5 - Swashbuckler
6 - War Dog
7 - War Master
BUT I'm pretty sure they don't show out of PVP which we can have that as our idea.
Thank you mate, I'll edit it in as an addition! :)

Last edited:
It would be great if we could show both PvP and SvS badges at the same time.In POTCO i was admiral in svs and war master in pvp so i was often switching badges because i liked them both.

It would be great if we could show both PvP and SvS badges at the same time.In POTCO i was admiral in svs and war master in pvp so i was often switching badges because i liked them both.
Oh yeah, that would be cool :D, Let me add it on. Thank you!

I like the idea but I tried to include it but I felt that 'Assassin' is just too general? Because many different weapons are used for assissinations. Thank you for sharing your idea though!
Almost everyone who knows about AC associates daggers with assassins, so it could still work

Almost everyone who knows about AC associates daggers with assassins, so it could still work
yeah but a lot of people also don't know about AC so I just wasn't sure about it. I just combined Sword and Dagger because they are similar and couldn't think of enough names to make both their own category of titles.

Back