"SUPER_heroes" of the Caribbean ~

Do ye feel that it is counter-productive to have too many games developed by ex-POTCO players?

• Total voters
The only project I think has a 100% probability of success is one of the Minecraft ports of the game.
It's truly remarkable to me that so many (POTCO-related) games have come onto the scene; they are, in fact to me, inspirational. :flag1: But "yes," I do agree with your statement made above concerning Minecraft.

It's nothing against non-Minecraft gaming projects. It's just maintaining a MMO new game/emulator on a long-term basis would involve a tremendous amount of capital to enforce along with available staff needed 24/7 just to assure such a game's (in-game) success. This is not to say that it cannot be done! However, I have always felt that with the age demographic "most representative" of the gaming projects I list above to this thread might actually be counter-productive to that game's ultimate success (please read below).
Young people, please do hear me now; ye are highly capable of pulling off such feats and challenges. ;) However, and this comes from someone with years of experience. ~ Your circumstance in life will eventually change to where those things which used to remain a high priority for you will slowly take the back seat towards "other" interests and/or new priorities. Therefore, these POTCO new game and/or emulators will endure but they will likely only endure for a year or two max.

UPDATE: 8-22-2014 ~

The developmental project, "Pirates House" (PH), has been added to this thread's list of new & up-and-coming, ex-POTCO projects.

According to @JohnnyDaPirate's youtube channel, "Pirates House" is being led by Toon Town House developers Sai, Jean, Loblao and S0r00t and the project itself is being developed, aligned, and parallel to the same format structure that POU and another remake share but it is not affiliated in any way with either of those projects.

"Pirates House" (PH) will be a non-for-profit gaming project.

UPDATE: 8-29-14 ~

The gaming project, "Pirates Online Emulator," has introduced itself here on this forums and hence, has been added to this thread's main list of development projects (note: projects which are listed remain in 'no' particular order of relevance or significance).

superman-iii-superman-and-richard-pryor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As of yesterday (Sept. 4th, 2014), the "Pirates Online Uprising" (POU) project has been canceled.
"Thank you" for letting us know. :) I'll make the necessary adjustment to the thread's (main) post...

UPDATE: 9-13-14 ~

Currently, there are a total of four (4) POTCO "emulators" whom are striving to replicate POTCO's own game structure and coding as opposed to them developing a new game altogether.

A question for those key developers of "Pirates Online Rewritten," "Caribbean Pirates Online," "Pirates House," and "Pirates Online Emulator;" Would any of you be interested to understand (via this thread) the actual interpretations of the various facets of Disney's terms of service?

~ Me hearties, I would take Noooo_pleasure in seeing any of you (along with your developmental project and the respected communities which arise out of them) experience "unnecessary" heat :furious: and/or trouble from Disney on account that something was inadvertently missed or misunderstood according to confusion surrounding Disney's legalities and wording.

As a community, let us help each other out if we truly seek to have a playable emulator released without possible threat of intervention!

"Thank you" for letting us know. :) I'll make the necessary adjustment to the thread's (main) post...

footer_line.png

UPDATE: 9-13-14 ~

Currently, there are a total of four (4) POTCO "emulators" whom are striving to replicate POTCO's own game structure and coding as opposed to them developing a new game altogether.

A question for those key developers of "Pirates Online Rewritten," "Caribbean Pirates Online," "Pirates House," and "Pirates Online Emulator;" Would any of you be interested to understand (via this thread) the actual interpretations of the various facets of Disney's terms of service?

~ Me hearties, I would take Noooo_pleasure in seeing any of you (along with your developmental project and the respected communities which arise out of them) experience "unnecessary" heat :furious: and/or trouble from Disney on account that something was inadvertently missed or misunderstood according to confusion surrounding Disney's legalities and wording.

As a community, let us help each other out if we truly seek to have a playable emulator released without possible threat of intervention!
I have spoken to the leaders of both "Caribbean Pirates Online" (tomislav) and "Pirates Online Emulator" (Deleted member 4172), which both claim that the projects have been canceled.

I have spoken to the leaders of both "Caribbean Pirates Online" (tomislav) and "Pirates Online Emulator" (Deleted member 4172), which both claim that the projects have been canceled.
Thank you. ;) (It makes me wonder though if these projects 'melted' their efforts into either Pirates House or another remake. Is there any way for us to know for sure)?

OK so making an adjustment in lieu of this news, would key developers for "Pirates Online Rewritten" or "Pirates House" be willing to make an effort to discuss (via this thread) the various interpretations in consideration to Disney's terms of service for the purpose of avoiding any loopholes the Mouse may enforce if said terms of service were used to challenge the success of your corresponding emulators?

IF "yes," then that is great; if "no" then at least an effort has been made by this community here to assure that all bases have been covered for the purpose and well-being of the community as a whole.

- If key developers of either project could respond to this inquiry, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Apologies if I sound defensive but the leader of the Pirates Online Emulator isn't a Deleted member 4172 person and he was only a possible candidate/partner in the Project. I happen to know as the part of the POTCO Community is more involved with Emu and was looking to possibly enlist someone who wasn't so involved with the other POTCO Remakes like JDP (That's them not me). Deleted member 4172 isn't someone I necessarily trust and I also would say the community should trust on everything he says. The actual leader and organizer is @Davy Gunfish However we haven't heard much from him lately, but last we checked Emu would continue to be developed. Additionally if there is any questions @Not David may also be able to assist.

Last edited:
It's understandable that we haven't heard from Davy though, as far as I know all production by him had to be stopped because his computer broke. Carry on.

It's not been cancelled because of this though

Hi. I'm David McMartin, the official representative of POTCOEmu. I've come to tell you that POTCOEmu is not cancelled. You have not heard any word of it because Davy Gunfish, our lead developer and creator of our forums, is currently going through some severe computer troubles. We haven't had time to discuss the future of our project because he hasn't been able to contact me. Johnny, you have not spoken to Davy or I directly, so please stop leading these people on. While I can't say that the project is in a stable state at this point, I can say with full confidence we're going to do everything we can to make it happen once Davy's computer is fixed.

Hi. I'm David McMartin, the official representative of POTCOEmu. I've come to tell you that POTCOEmu is not cancelled. You have not heard any word of it because Davy Gunfish, our lead developer and creator of our forums, is currently going through some severe computer troubles. We haven't had time to discuss the future of our project because he hasn't been able to contact me. Johnny, you have not spoken to Davy or I directly, so please stop leading these people on. While I can't say that the project is in a stable state at this point, I can say with full confidence we're going to do everything we can to make it happen once Davy's computer is fixed.
I apologize for any misunderstandings, only I've been speaking to Deleted member 4172 since May about the project (well before it was introduced here), and he claimed at the time to be a the project head, and i've since spoken to him in which he claimed the project was canceled. My intentions where never to "lead these people on" or create any bad relations, ect. I wish the best for your project as I do for them all.

I apologize for any misunderstandings, only I've been speaking to Deleted member 4172 since May about the project (well before it was introduced here), and he claimed at the time to be a the project head, and i've since spoken to him in which he claimed the project was canceled. My intentions where never to "lead these people on" or create any bad relations, ect. I wish the best for your project as I do for them all.

Deleted member 4172 isn't a part of our Emulator. At first, we were working with him, but after conflict began to rise between us and him, we broke things off with him. If he is working on an emulator, it isn't in any way connected to ours. I apologize if I came off as harsh. I've been stressed lately IRL, and, with Davy being absent due to his aforementioned computer problems, I've had to basically stall while I await his return.

"Pirates Online Emulator" will be added back to thread's main list of active POTCO new game and/or emulator projects. :)

So I ask the question this last time; is there any key developer or representative from a POTCO emulator whom would be willing to publicly go over Disney's terms of service here on this thread (for purpose of assuring said emulator's ultimate success)? :confused:

Think it over, mates, and just let me know by some means...

If it's an Emulator it doesn't have to go by Disney's TOS. A real emulator that is
Tell me, how is that so since a (POTCO) emulator will have to rely upon the original (or an aspect of) the initial coding used for POTCO's development which was both governed and protected by Disney/Disney Interactive? :confused: Therefore, the current terms of use/service put in practice by Disney overrules anything related to POTCO because the intellectual property remains under their full jurisdiction.

I could be wrong in saying this but the statute of limitations in so far as Disney claiming over their past intellectual property (which includes POTCO) ends after 3 years minimum. If that's the case, then with only one (1) year of time that has passed since POTCO's closing, Disney's terms of use and service is still applicable to emulator projects being developed today, in lieu of POTCO's closing.

UPDATE: 3-22-15 ~

"Buccaneer Online" has been cancelled.

I would have never imagined another project would be canceled. *obvious sarcasm is obvious*

Side Note: Depending where Bart gets with POTCO Minecraft and all that I may form a project to make a server for it. I know that Minecraft is much more feasible (and cheaper) in less time. Of course this is also with @Barr Gunshot 's consent.

Back