The Downfall of Sebastian Mandrel

Richard Cannonwalker

Notorious Pirate
It was a stormy night at Port Royal. I was at the noose, taking in my final sights as I was about to be punished for my life as a pirate. The next five to be hung stepped up onto the platform. The executioners of the Royal Navy put the ropes upon their necks. A man in Royal Navy uniform opened a scroll and started reading from it. “As proclaimed by Lord Cutler Beckett, to punish many pirates of their crimes, rights given to citizens of Port Royal have been temporarily suspended.” The man said. The executioner pulled the lever, and the floors dropped. Five pirates; gone. The man with the scroll continued talking. “Freedom of speech; suspended. Right of Habeus Corpus; suspended.” The man kept speaking of rights that were suspended. Another five pirates were hung. “The punishment of commiting the crime of piracy, or being an accessory to somebody commiting the crime of piracy, is being hanged by the neck until death.” The scroll man said. There were seven people in front of me. In front of me was a husky man with black pants, hunting boots, and a hood over his head. He looked very familiar. I tapped on his shoulder, and he turned around. “Ahoy sir, do I know you?” I asked. “Perhaps. You look familiar.” He said in a very deep voice. He took his hood off, and I was stunned. He looked just like me, but his hair was grey. “You look just like me!” I exclaimed. “And you look like I did thirty years ago!” The man said. The next five pirates in front of us were hung, so we’re up next. “It looks like our final moments are here.” I said to him. “Perhaps not.” The man said. “I’ll distract the guards, and you flee. Use these papers to commandeer a ship from the Port Royal docks.” The man said. He handed me papers. “We will meet up at the Faithful Bride to continue this conversation.” The man said. The man pulled out a sword, and started attacking Royal Navy soldiers. The rest of the pirates pulled out swords and started swinging. “We should have suspended their weapons.” A Royal Navy man said. I snuck out while everybody was fighting. I went down to the docks to commandeer a ship. I walked to a ship, but two Royal Navy guards stopped me. “Halt! Who goes there?” One of them said. “I have come to commandeer this beautiful ship.” I said. I showed them the papers. “Oh, well, these papers seem valid. Keyword here is seem. They aren’t. Come back never.” They said. I walked away and started to think what to do. “Hey, it’s a pirate!” One of the guards said. “Oh no, I’ve been discovered!” I said to myself. The guards ran at me. I knew I was doomed. They ran past me, and started beating down a pirate. I was relieved. Since nobody was guarding the ship I wanted to commandeer, I just walked up to it and took the wheel. After the pirate was handcuffed, the guards turned around and saw their ship sailing away. They stopped me, and jumped onto the ship. “Hey! We said you can’t have this ship!” One of the guards said. One of them picked up a barrel aboard the ship and threw it at me. I did a flip, grabbed the barrel in mid-flip, and threw it back at them when I landed on my feet. One of the guards fell overboard. The remaining guard was standing next to the mast and was shooting at me. I ran from the wheel to the opposite side of the mast. I grabbed the mast, swung around it, and kicked the guard. He fell overboard. “Remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Richard Cannonwalker.” I said. I drove the ship away. Eventually, I reached Tortuga. I went to the Faithful Bride, and saw the man at the noose sitting at a table. I sat down at the opposite end of the two-seated table from him. “Ahoy.” I said to him. He put down his mug and looked up at me. “Ahoy Richard.” He said. I was confused. “How do you know my name.” I asked. He offered a soft chuckle. “Because, I am your father.” He said. I offered him a look of confusion, and then realized he was telling the truth. It explains why he looks so much like me. “I believe you…” I said. “Listen kid, you remember your childhood?” My father asked. “Aye. We lived in an island chain off the coast of Asia, in unmapped waters.” I responded. “Aye, the tri-island area was a peaceful place, but a land developer from a mystical place called ‘Australia’ has been robbing the area of piracy. We need to save it.” My father said. “We may use the ship you commandeered from Port Royal to save it.” My father said. “Should we round up a crew first?” I asked. “Aye. Unfortunately, I’m not trusted very much. You’ll have to round up the crew mate.” My father said. “Well, I’m not much trusted either, but I can try.” I said. We left the Faithful Bride to hunt for a crew. We went to the docks, and saw a man pulling in a net filled with shrimp. “He looks familiar.” I whispered to my father. We walked up to him, and he turned around. “Ahoy.” He said. He looked very familiar. “You look familiar. Have we met?” I asked him. “Uh, no. Maybe I have a familiar looking face.” The shrimper said. I thought harder. “Weren’t you that musician that got angry and broke a guitar over Rico the Bartender’s head in Padres Del Fuego?” I asked. “No. I’ve never seen an instrument in my life. Leave me to my work, Cannonwalker.” The shrimper said, putting the shrimp he caught in baskets. “Wait, how did you know my name?” I asked the shrimper. The shrimper had a cautioned look on his face, as he drew a sword. “Never question me!” As he put his sword against my throat. “Oh no!” My father said. We both drew our swords, The shrimper drew a second sword, and started swinging at us. After a long battle, we all knew nobody would get hit. We all withdrew our swords. “Now I recognize you! You’re Randal the Swordmaster, the best swordfighter in all of Padres Del Fuego!” I exclaimed. “I WAS the best swordfighter in all of Padres Del Fuego. However, a land developer from Australia started buying out places all over the world. I decided, after being beaten in the swordfight, to sell him my land, and converted to being a clean-cut citizen of the Caribbean.” He said. “But we need you to join our crew!” I told him. “But why should I join? You ditched me, along with the rest of your crew at Isla Cangrejos!” Randal said. “Speaking of which, how did you escape Cangrejos?” I asked. “Same way you did, mate.” Randal said. “Oh, you caught a ride on Hookjaw’s boat?” I asked. “Hookjaw had a boat? That jerk never told us!” Randal said. “Randal, join the crew. We’re going to stop the land developer.” My father said. “We are? Good!” I said. “Well, that’s all nice, but how do I know you won’t just maroon me again?” Randal asked. “What if I offered you a comfy job?” I suggested. “Go on…” Randal said, looking intrigued. “One that pays double a regular job, requires almost no work, and that’s almost impossible to get fired from.” I said. “Hmm, sounds tempting. But I’ll need to see some paperwork first.” Randal said. Randal continued doing his shrimp work. Me and my father walked away. “We need to find some paperwork.” I said. We walked up to a man. We noticed he had a cushy job contract folded up in his pocket. He was holding a duck, observing it. “I know a trick.” I said. I found a bag of grains, and threw a handful on the ground beside the man. The duck jumped out of his grasp to get the grain, and as the man was distracted trying to capture the duck again, we took the contract and ran back to Randal. I handed him the contract. “Wow, you really got the contract. I suppose I can join your crew.” Randal said. “Alright. Do you know where Kane and Ike are?” I asked Randal. “Well, Kane and Lockjaw are locked inside their house, hoping the Australian land developer doesn’t try to invade them, and Ike is probably running that pub at Ganar again.” Randal said. “I thought Doggeral Dan was running that pub.” I said. “Him and Doggeral Dan went into business together. Ever since Ike’s experience being marooned on Isla Cangrejos, he vowed to never be a pirate again. So he opened a small bar on Ganar with Doggeral Dan, where they sell Doggeral’s alcoholic beverages, and Ike’s jerky pretzels and other baked items.” Randal said. “Sounds interesting, but we need him for our crew.” I said. “We should be shoving off.” Randal said. All three of us got on my ship. “I’ll navigate.” My father said. He grabbed the wheel. We started sailing. Randal was messing with functions on the ship. I walked up to Randal. “Hey Randal.” I said. “What do you want?” Randal asked me. “Do you want a hardtack biscuit?” I asked him. “What kind of question is that? I’m very busy.” Randal said. I left him to his work. A red ship sailed up to us. “Oh no, it’s the navy. They’re probably going to arrest us for stealing this ship!” I panicked.”Didn’t you use the commandeering papers I gave you?” My father asked me. “Those didn’t work, so I had to steal the ship.” I responded. Randal shot a cannonball at the ship’s masts, and knocked one of them down. We knocked down the masts, and boarded the ship. A crew of ten pointed muskets at us. “Halt!” One of them said. “Unfair! I demand swords only.” Randal said. “Darn you, and your technicalities!” One of them said. They all put their muskets on the ground and drew their swords. I had eventually realized I had no sword. “Uh, draw your sword captain.” Randal said. “Uh, I don’t really have one.” I said. Randal pulled out one for me to use. Then, Randal pulled out a second one for me, and a second one for him. “Wow, you have lots of swords.” I said. “You never know when you’ll need them.” He said. We started swinging our swords. Randal started to show why he was the proclaimed “Swordmaster of Padres Del Fuego.” One by one, the Royal Navy guards fell like dominoes. One remained. We all backed him against the edge of the Royal Navy vessel. “Have mercy, Cannonwaller.” He said. We all seemed confused. We looked closer at him. “Lockjaw?” I questioned. “I suppose you can call me that. However, I decided to join the Royal Navy, in hopes of becoming worthy of employment with the Black Guard someday.” He said. “Also, I go by my real name now.” He stated. “Well, what’s your real name?” We questioned. “Ignatius Cornelius Wolfgang Garrett.” He responded. “Well, we’re going to have to kill you, Ignatius.” Randal responded. “What if I joined your crew. Would you spare my life?” He asked. We nodded our heads. “Thank god. I thought I was going into Davy’s locker today.” Lockjaw said. We all boarded the commandeered Navy vessel, looted what was aboard the other Navy ship, and moved along. “So Lockjaw, what happened to your lockjaw?” Randal was curious. “It healed. Lockjaw doesn’t last that long you know.” He responded. I tossed Lockjaw a pirate outfit. “Go below deck and change. You look too neat.” I said. He went below deck, and changed into his pirate outfit. He sported a black bandana with white skull and crossbones all over it, a torn black shirt, torn black pants, and black boots. “Ah, just like the last time I was in your crew. Reminds me of the old days, before Australian land developers threatened piracy.” Lockjaw said. “Next stop is Ganar Island!” I said. “To get Ike and Kane?” Randal asked. “Yeah, but I also wanted to try some Jerky Pretzels.” I said. Everybody went silent. “What? Nobody else is curious about the Jerky Pretzels?” I asked. Randal and Lockjaw shyly raised their hands. Eventually, we reached Ganar Island. When we came, we saw somebody we all recognized. We saw a very tall man, with one red eye, and one emerald green eye. He was wearing a very dressy outfit. “Kane?” Randal asked. “I am Kane. Kane is a reasonable citizen.” He said. “Kane, you’re very wrong for no longer being a pirate.” I told him. “Kane was a pirate, but Kane was traumatized after being marooned on an island with foolish pirates.” Kane said. “Hey!” Lockjaw said. “Not cool!” Randal said to Kane. “Why is Kane no longer a pirate?” I asked. “Kane took Sebastian Mandrel’s Pirate Re-education Class™.” Kane said. “But why? Doesn’t Kane miss being a pirate?” I asked Kane. “Not especially. Kane is a nice citizen.” Kane said. “There’s no budging. Kane probably won’t give in to reason.” My father said. An old man, with gray hair on the sides on his head, came up to us. “Kane, who are these smelly imbeciles?” The man asked. “They are pirates.” Kane responded. The old man drew his sword. “No pirates enter the land of Sebastian Mandrel!” He said. Randal drew two swords, and started dueling Sebastian. Sebastian knocked Randal’s swords out of his hands. “What the…” Randal exclaimed. “That’s impossible!” Lockjaw said. Mr. Mandrel gave a soft chuckle. “Nobody defeats Sebastian Mandrel!” He exclaimed. Then, he walked off. “I just don’t understand. How could he have defeated me so easily?” Randal asked. Randal picked up his swords. “Well, we should get going to find Ike.” I said. We went into town. We kept walking, and found a bar. “Maybe this is Ike’s bar.” Lockjaw said. We went in, and saw a handful of men drinking grog, playing darts, and enjoying some of Ike’s jerky pretzels. We looked over to the counter and saw the bartender had a nervous look on his face. “That’s Ike, captain.” Lockjaw said. “I know that Lockjaw.” I responded. We walked up to him. “Err, can I help you gents?” The bartender asked. “Ike, stop fooling around. We need you for our crew.” I told him. The man jumped over the counter and bolted for the door. “I’m not joining your crew again!” He said. We chased him outside. He ran into town, and seemed not to be letting out on his running. Lockjaw pulled out a set of his throwing knives, and started throwing them at Ike. “Are you crazy?!” I asked Lockjaw. One of the knives caught Ike’s shirt and pinned it to a wall, so Ike was stuck. We ran up to him, and just as he pried the throwing knife free, we caught him. “Ike, what’s gotten into you?” I asked. “The crabs!! The crabs!!” Ike yelped. “When you stranded us on Isla Cangrejos, Ike started to go insane.” Randal said. “I have a trick for this kind of situation.” My father said. My father grabbed the back of Ike’s neck and squeezed. Ike became very calm. “Now Ike, tell us what happened on Isla Cangrejos.” I said. “Well, we had to sit on top of a roof at night, because every night on Cangrejos, Jolly Roger would visit to haunt the crabs. If Jolly saw us, that would be the end of us.” Ike said. “Ike, if we defeat Jolly Roger once and for all, will you join our crew?” I asked. “I’d be delighted to help you destroy Jolly Roger.” Ike responded. “Alright, our goals are clear guys. First, we destroy Jolly Roger. Second, we stop that Mandrel guy from buying out the entire Caribbean and replacing it with his line of family-friendly pirate-themed shops and restaurants.” Randal said. “Aye!” Everybody said. Then, a man with an orange beard and a bartender smock walked up. “Ike, you’re supposed to be watching the pub!” He said. “Listen Dan, I have to stop Jolly Roger. I might not be back for a while.” Ike said. “Alright then. Good luck.” Dan said. “I left the recipe for my Jerky Pretzels in the back room.” Ike said. Suddenly, the sky filled with black clouds, and thunder started rumbling. “Oh no, Jolly is going to invade the town soon.” Ike said. Doggerel Dan went back to the pub, and started building barricades around it. The townspeople started building barricades across the town too. “We have about thirty minutes before the Harkaway docks on this island, and Jolly’s fierce undead army arrives.” Ike said. “Isn’t this where Sandra Tew is when she isn’t in the main islands of the Caribbean?” I asked. “Aye, Marceline has a hideout on this island. Nobody is sure where it is though.” Ike said. A man walked up to us. “The Marceline hideout is rumored to be in the Foggs O’Time marsh.” The man said. The man continued building barricades with many other townspeople. “What’s the Foggs O’Time marsh?” Randal asked Ike. “The Foggs O’Time marsh is a place where navigating through it takes you to different points in time, rather than different locations.” Ike said. “Guys, I’m going into the Foggs O’Time marsh alone. You guys build barricades with the townspeople, and hold back the undead.” I said. I walked through the town for a very long time. I eventually reached a very foggy marsh, with nothing but a long stick, and a small clock on a raft. I got on the raft, and started rowing with the stick. As I entered another part of the marsh, the clock changed. I eventually reached a gate. On the other side was somebody dressed like me that looked exactly like me. “Ahoy me!” He said. “Why do you look like me?” I asked him. “I am you, mate.” He said. “If you’re really me, then what number am I thinking of right now?” I asked him. “Nine thousand seventy three.” He said. “Wow, you must really be me; because that is the number I’m thinking of.” I responded. “Now, I have some things to give you.” Other me said. He handed me a gun. “A gun! Watch out Jolly Roger!” I said, observing the gun. Then, he handed me a rubber chicken. “A rubber chicken? How… nice?” I said. Then, he handed me a skeleton key. “Alright, a skeleton key! Now I can open this gate.” I said. I opened the gate with the key, and let other me through. “Goodbye other me. Happy plundering.” I said. He rowed off into the fog, and I went through to the other side of the gate...

I eventually reached a small log cabin floating in the water, with the sun shining down on it. The log cabin was standing on a small dock, anchored into the soggy grounds of the marsh. I got off my raft and got onto the small dock. I knocked on the door, and a man answered. “Ahoy mate, I’m Ben Bowman. May I help you?” He asked. Ben Bowman was the name of a member of the Marceline, so I knew I was in the right place. “Ahoy Mr. Bowman, I’m looking for Sandra Tew.” I responded. “Come right in Mr. Cannonwalker. Sandra is out getting something, but you can wait here for her to come back if you’d like.” Ben offered. I came inside. “Wait, how did you know my name?” I asked Ben. “I’m a member of the Marceline. I know the names of all the pirates in the Caribbean.” Ben responded. Ben took me over to a group of pirates sitting in a circle in wooden chairs. “This is a few of our Marceline members.” Ben said. “Ahoy!” One of them said. This man was short, and had a red dingy coat on. I knew this man was Thatch Roberts. Ben Bowman introduced me to the rest of the Marceline, and we all exchanged greetings. Suddenly, a woman walked into the small cabin. “Ahoy Sandra!” Everybody said. Captain Xavier Hench, the leader of Marceline, stood up and walked over to Sandra. “This man says he needed to see you, Ms. Tew.” He told her. Sandra walked up to me. “Ahoy. Can I help you mate?” She asked. “Ahoy Sandra. I was told you can help me defeat Jolly Roger for good. May you?” I asked. Sandra handed me a staff, and an orb. “I sense you have much voodoo power underneath your surface, Mr. Cannonwalker.” Sandra told me. “Why, thank you Ms. Tew.” I responded. “This staff was once the Overseer Staff, but some adjustments I’ve made to it made it the Voodoo Talisman of the Overseer. The orb is something that Jolly wants. These elements will come into play in due time. Now go, for the Harkaway is almost here.” Sandra told me. I left the cabin, and went back into town. I held the orb in my left hand, and the Voodoo Talisman of the Overseer in the other. I saw the townspeople fighting the undead. The voodoo talisman started to glow. Suddenly, the entire ground shuck for a second, and all of the undead enemies fell defeated and rotted back into the ground. I walked over to my crew. “Ahoy.” I said. They all realized I had created the earthquake, and defeated the undead. “How did you do that?” Randal asked. “Apparently, I have untapped voodoo power underneath my surface, says Sandra Tew.” I said. “That’s right. Your mother was a Hungarian Gypsy, Richard.” My father said. Jolly Roger quickly appeared on shore. “I sense that some fool has the Orb of the Overseer, that I seek!” Jolly yelled. Jolly looked over at me. “Oh no…” Lockjaw said. Jolly came over to us, taking no effect from the attacks brought on by the townspeople. He looked straight into my eyes, and I was paralyzed with fear. “Uh, can I help you?” I asked fearfully. Jolly took the Orb, and smiled. “I’m going to take the orb. Just leave without me when I grab it.” My father said. “Wait!” I said, but it was too late. My father already snatched the orb from Jolly, and fled. Jolly ran after him, furious. The crew piled onto my commandeered vessel. “I thought we were going to kill Jolly Roger for good…” Ike said, disappointed. I held my Voodoo Talisman of the Overseer. “We will, in due time.” I said. Suddenly, Jolly Roger appeared on my commandeered vessel. He had the orb he wanted in his possession. “Where is my father, bug?” I asked him. “Your father has become a part of my army, fool!” Jolly Roger said. Just then, he summoned a skeleton. The skeleton was my father. Randal drew two swords. I held my talisman, angry. Suddenly, Sandra Tew appeared next to me. “Sandra, what are you doing here?” I asked. “I sensed you were in danger, so I came to help.” Sandra responded. Sandra drew a voodoo talisman of her own. “A duel of voodoo? You’re on, fools!” Jolly said. Jolly blasted us with pure voodoo power. Sandra countered it with voodoo power too. “Richard, use voodoo power too. If we get touched by that, we’re done.” Sandra said. My talisman started shaking, and eventually blasted voodoo power at Jolly. We were almost evenly matched. Jolly was still slightly stronger, for some reason. Randal was fighting my undead father with his two swords, in which they were perfectly matched with each other. Lockjaw and Ike pierced Jolly Roger with their swords, and even though Jolly Roger is undead, he was distracted and stopped blasting voodoo. By the time he got the swords out of his side, the voodoo power hit him. He suddenly started glowing all sorts of colors. “Take cover!” Sandra yelled. Everybody hid behind something. Jolly then started to shake, and exploded. Everybody came out from hiding. “You know what the great thing is about all this?” Sandra asked. “What’s that?” I asked back. “The bounty for Jolly Roger dead is a thousand pounds of doubloons.” Sandra responded. Everybody gasped. “That’s a lot of doubloons.” Lockjaw said. “Yes. However, I do not want a share of it. Take it all mates.” Sandra said. Then, Sandra disappeared. All of the sudden, a man appeared on my commandeered vessel. “Hello. I was informed this is the crew that defeated Jolly Roger. I’m here to reward you a thousand pounds of doubloons.” The man said. “But how will it not sink us?” I asked the man. “A thousand pounds cannot sink a vessel capable of sailing without sails.” The man responded. “Come again?” I said. “This ship was commandeered from a crew of voodoo mystics, who enchanted it.” The man said. Before I had time to ask anymore questions, the man disappeared, and left us a thousand pounds of doubloons. “Wow, so much doubloons. What are you guys using your share for?” Lockjaw asked. “I’m going to buy lots of grog.” Ike said. “I’m going to buy back duplicates of the better swords I lost last time I was in your crew, Cannonwalker.” Randal said. I walked down from the wheel onto the main deck. My undead father was gone. “Well, it looks like that’s the last of my father.” I said. “Brighten up Rich. I’ll navigate this time.” Randal said. “Alright Randal.” I responded. I went into the captain’s quarters of the ship. It had a radio, a very comfortable bed, and some other stuff. “Very comfortable looking room.” I said. I sat down on the bed and turned on the radio. “And in other news, Jolly Roger has finally been defeated for the final time.” A man on the radio said. “But at what cost?” I said to the radio, knowing it wouldn’t respond. I went up to the deck. “This is a very nice frigate, captain. We should give her a paint job, so we’re not mistaken for navy swine.” Ike suggested. “Agreed.” Randal and Lockjaw said. “Perhaps after we save the Caribbean.” I suggested. The crew didn’t seem opposed. “I hope Doggerel Dan isn’t having trouble defending the bar…” Ike said. “Ah, he’s doing just fine Ike.” I said. “Where are we heading, captain?” Randal asked. “Pantano River. Perhaps Tia Dalma can offer us some advice for defeating Sebastian Mandrel.” I suggested. I held my Voodoo Talisman of the Overseer. Eventually, we reached Pantano River. We walked up to Tia Dalma, who was petting an alligator. We walked up to her. “I sense you wish to know how to defeat the Australian land developer named Sebastian Mandrel, and stop him from buying out the Caribbean.” Tia Dalma predicted. “Aye. Can ye help us with that?” I asked. “That voodoo talisman of the Overseer that Sandra Tew gave you should do the trick. I cannot tell you how it will help, but you will figure out in due time.” Tia said. We went back to the vessel. “Well, that was a waste of time. We could have just figured that out ourselves.” Randal said. We took sail. “I think we should check Tortuga.” Ike suggested. The crew agreed, so we set sail for Tortuga. When we reached there, it was completely different. “What in bloody hell happened here?” Lockjaw asked. Instead of being filled with drunken pirates and bars, Tortuga was quiet, and filled with family-friendly shops and restaurants. “What happened here?” Randal asked. “Let’s split up and try to figure this out.” I suggested. We all took different paths into Tortuga. I went into a place called “The Pirate Drinkery.” It was very neat, and had many souvenir cups and little packets you put in hot water that are supposed to make it taste like grog. I went up to the counter. “Hello sir, may I help you?” The person behind the counter said, in a very nasally voice. “What happened to King’s Arm?” I asked. “I’m sorry sir, I don’t know what King’s Arm is. May I help you with anything else?” He asked. “Who put this building here?” I asked. “This store chain, along with many others across the Caribbean, are owned and operated by Sebastian Mandrel Enterprises.” The man said. “Mandrel!” I whispered to myself. “May I help you yet sir?” The employee asked. “What kind of alcoholic beverages do you have?” I asked. “We have no alcoholic beverages, but we have many grog and rum-flavored cappuccinos and many other beverages.” The employee said. “I think I’ll try this so called ‘coffee’ beverage you sell.” I said. The employee put a glass mug under a machine. After a few seconds, he handed me the mug. “You may keep the mug as a souvenir. Have a nice day sir.” The employee said. I sipped from the mug. “Wow…” I said. I started to vibrate. “First time drinking coffee, yes?” The employee said. I continued to vibrate. When I stopped, I walked out the door. “Geez, what a weird shop.” I said to myself. Just then, Sebastian Mandrel walked up to me. “Oh, it’s you, fool. What are you doing here Cannonwalker? Come to stop me I assume?” Mandrel said. “What’s it to you, old man?” I responded. Sebastian took his old man walking stick and broke it over my head. I woke up about an hour later in a daze, and realized Mandrel had stolen my Voodoo Talisman of the Overseer. “Dang it!” I said to myself. I went further into town. Next to the jail, I saw Lockjaw sitting in the grass with a bunch of other people. I walked up to him to see why. “Why are you sitting in the grass, and who are all these people?” I asked. “I’m sitting in the grass because I’ve already seen everything this town has to offer, and these people are the people who lost their stores, homes, and bars to Sebastian Mandrel’s hostile takeover.” Lockjaw said. “Well everybody, if you all join my crew, we can take down Mandrel Enterprises together!” I said. They all seemed to want to help. “Where’s Ike and Randal?” I asked Lockjaw. “Jail.” Lockjaw responded. “But why?” I asked. “I don’t know. The jail is right next to us, so why don’t you ask them? I’ll get the crew back to the ship and stuff.” Lockjaw said. I went into the jail, and sure enough, Ike and Randal were in a jail cell. I walked up to the guard beside their cell. “Excuse me, but why are my friends in jail?” I asked. “You mean these pirate scum? They attacked a defenseless old man, and tried to steal his walking stick.” The guard said. I went over to them. “Guys, why would you try to steal a defenseless old man’s walking stick?” I asked. “It was Sebastian Mandrel, and we noticed he had your Overseer thing, so we tried to get it back for you, but he got us arrested for it.” Randal said. “It was definitely unfair!” Ike said. “Quiet you!” The guard said. The guard stood up from his seat. “I’m going on my lunch break. Don’t try anything stupid.” He said. He walked out of the building. Sandra Tew appeared. “Oh, thank goodness. Can you help us Sandra?” I asked. Sandra ripped the cell apart with her bare hands, so Randal and Ike could go free. Sandra suddenly teleported us all to my commandeered vessel. Everybody was very talkative. A large portion of Tortuga was on my commandeered vessel, so it was very loud. “Listen, for I have Mandrel’s plans.” Sandra said. Everybody silenced. “Well, don’t leave us in suspense Tew, tell us!” Doctor Grogan said. “He is in cahoots with Lord Cutler Beckett, and Jolly Roger. They plan to buy out every place in the Caribbean by using the Voodoo Talisman of the Overseer.” Tew said. “But we made Jolly Roger go kablooey!” Ike said. “Well, he must have reassembled.” Tew said. “I believe they’ve invaded the Port Royal governor’s mansion, and plan to make it their base of evil operations or something of the sort.” Tew said. We sailed to Port Royal, and rushed up to the governor’s mansion. On our way, the East India Trading Company army stopped us, so the Tortugan citizens fought them off, while Tew, Lockjaw, Ike, Randal and I rushed up to the mansion. We looked in through the window secretly. “Alright Mandrel, I helped you with your hostile takeovers, so I want what’s coming to me.” Cutler Beckett said. Jolly Roger was standing next to the desk Mandrel was sitting at. Mandrel was holding the Overseer Talisman. “Roger, don’t ye think we should test this Talisman’s powers?” Mandrel asked. “Aye.” Jolly said. Mandrel pointed the talisman at Beckett, and Beckett started to vibrate and move around in crazy sorts of jerks and spasms. “What’s Beckett doing?” I asked Tew. “That talisman has the ability to turn the egos of the targets into goo, making them very scared and such. Beckett’s ego is being turned to goo right now.” Tew responded. Beckett eventually stopped making those weird motions, and cowered in fear. “Now go take a long walk off a short pier, fool!” Mandrel ordered Beckett. “Y-yes sir!” Beckett cowardly responded. Beckett then saluted, ran outside, and ran off into the night, never to be seen again. Jolly Roger stepped in front of the desk. “Alright, now I want what is coming to me, and I will not run off into the night. I want my Jack Sparrow served dead, with a side of Piece of Eight.” Jolly said. “Yeah, about that…” Mandrel responded. Mandrel banged the talisman against the ground, in which it shocked Jolly Roger with lightning. “No!” Tew said in fear. Jolly Roger then grew to giant size. Jolly Roger picked up Mandrel, and placed him upon his giant head. Mandrel was in complete control of the hundred foot tall Jolly Roger. “Oh no.” Sandra said. “How do we combat a giant Jolly Roger?” Lockjaw asked. “With a giant voodoo robot.” Sandra said. Sandra then summoned a giant hundred foot person-looking robot. “Wow…” Everybody was astonished. “This is the Marceline giant-fighting robot. It is powered entirely on voodoo, but considering it uses a giant amount of voodoo, we only use it when the Caribbean is in grave danger.” Sandra said. We entered the robot, and started to duel the giant Jolly Roger. Lockjaw, Randal and I were operating the robot. Sandra fell into the corner, being very weak considering that she’s sacrificing a huge amount of her voodoo power to operate the robot. Ike was trying to help her become stronger. The machine dueled Jolly Roger for a long time. Jolly Roger used a voodoo blast on us, and we almost fell backwards. Very far into the duel, we seemed to be losing. “Well, this looks like the end. It’s been a pleasure knowing you all.” I said. “Can’t say the same for you mate.” Randal responded. Lockjaw chuckled. “Hey, not funny!” I said. Sandra Tew stood up. Sandra exited the machine, and stood on its head. “Jolly Roger! Don’t you realize Mandrel is using you as his slave?” She yelled at Jolly. Roger stopped fighting for a moment. “What in bloody hell have you done you imbecile? Keep fighting!” Mandrel yelled at Jolly. The Marceline fighting machine was almost destroyed, so we thought Jolly Roger was going to finish us off, but instead, he grabbed Mandrel off his hat. “What are you doing? Stop it you fool!” Mandrel yelled. Jolly Roger then took the Overseer talisman from Mandrel, which gave Jolly Roger self-control again. “What have you done, fool?” Jolly said to Mandrel. “I’m Sebastian Mandrel; you can’t do this to me!” Mandrel yelled again. Giant Roger continuously punched Mandrel. “Ooh! Ah!” The crew yelled after each punch. Jolly Roger then threw Sebastian Mandrel over the horizon, never to be seen again. “Nobody should have the power of this talisman… nobody except me!” Jolly said. Jolly then laughed maniacally. Suddenly, the talisman vanished. Jolly Roger turned to normal size. “It’s time to defeat Jolly Roger for the last time…” Sandra said. The machine blasted a gigantic voodoo ray at Jolly Roger. “No!” Jolly yelled. The blast kept hitting him, and eventually, Jolly Roger turned to ashes. We all exited the machine, and walked up to the pile of ashes. “I’ll take care of the ashes.” Sandra said. “Thank you for all your help, Sandra. Thanks to you, we’ve stopped Sebastian Mandrel from taking over the Caribbean, and we've defeated Jolly Roger… for good this time.” I said. Sandra and the ashes vanished. “Well, the Caribbean is finally safe. The undead army is gone, the leader of the East India Trading Company jumped into the ocean, and the Royal Navy is just weak.” I said. “Well, that swine Samuel Redbeard will lead the E.I.T.C. in Beckett’s place.” Randal said. “You have a point. But now the undead army is gone!” I responded. “One down, two to go.” Lockjaw said. “I sure will miss my father, but he went down for a noble cause.” I said. “He sure did Rich, he sure did.” Ike said. “Hmm, now that Mandrel is toast, I wonder what Kane is doing.” Randal said. Suddenly, a man walked up to us. He had a red eye, and an emerald green eye. “Ahoy. Thank you for finally defeating Mandrel. I’m free from his hypnotic spell!” Kane said. “So Kane, will you join our crew now?” I asked. “Aye, I sure will mate.” Kane said. “Well, the crew is complete.” I said. We stood there for a while. “What should we do now?” Randal asked. “Perhaps we could get some grog, jerky pretzels, and tell stories.” Lockjaw suggested. We went to Ratskellar, where we all drank grog, ate pretzels, and talked until the sun set.
The End

Back