The Legend of: Pirates Online Announcement Tomorrow

We are not having a public stress test before Alpha, that was just an idea mentioned on our team which quickly fizzled out because we knew how much of a failure it might be.

As I said in my interview "Don't point a gun at the servers if you don't have to."
So just a limited Alpha in August-Sept for about 50-100 players?

I'm literally in tears. I started basically weeping when the character went into Fort Charles since I spent the longest time leveling up Kelly there. And then I cried even more so when he pulled out the weapons especially the sword and doll since those are my absolute favorites. Everything is so beautiful. Thank you all SO much for working to bring back this game. It means the world to me. <3

Last edited:
The original redeem codes were kept on a Disney-hosted database which we do not have access to. If we were to add the original redeem codes, we'd have to do it ourselves. I'm not sure if there's a list online of all the redeem codes or not. We most-likely just implement our own codes.
Hey JawhnL5 or anyone else...nothing to do with redeem codes but will you be able to restore the funny old "searching action" for barrels, chests etc. didn't see it in the video?(random little thing that was still part of the charm):swashbuckler:
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
Hey JawhnL5 or anyone else...nothing to do with redeem codes but will you be able to restore the funny old "searching action" for barrels, chests etc. didn't see it in the video?(random little thing that was still part of the charm):swashbuckler:
I think it was only not shown because they didn't actually search them, you can only search barrels if it's part of your quest and i don't think that had any quests active

I think it was only not shown because they didn't actually search them, you can only search barrels if it's part of your quest and i don't think that had any quests active
In the video they do actually search the barrel and it says "Nothing interesting here" but they don't do the "searching thing" they just stand there.(Thanks Kiplo now I understand your answer)
:swashbuckler::pirate ship::swashbuckler:

Last edited:
In the video they do actually search the barrel and it says "Nothing interesting here" but they don't do the "searching thing" they just stand there.:swashbuckler::pirate ship::swashbuckler:
In the game, the characters wouldn't actually make the searching movements if there wasn't anything to search there. You would just get the red error message. The characters would make the movements (which I thought were kinda funny how they flailed their arms around like that :p) when there was actually something there for them to search.

In the game, the characters wouldn't actually make the searching movements if there wasn't anything to search there. You would just get the red error message. The characters would make the movements (which I thought were kinda funny how they flailed their arms around like that :p) when there was actually something there for them to search.
Ohhh... Cheers!:cheers:Very funny arm movements, can't wait!;)

I have a question. I know that in the original POTCO game, there wasn't a way where you could look up a pirate with a certain name and add them as a friend. And I guess I was just wondering if there would be an opportunity to be able to do that since I've met many people and they've either disconnected, or I have, or I simply forgot to add them as a friend and I would never see them again. So I guess I was just wondering if there could be something like that in TLOPO. Thanks c:

I have a question. I know that in the original POTCO game, there wasn't a way where you could look up a pirate with a certain name and add them as a friend. And I guess I was just wondering if there would be an opportunity to be able to do that since I've met many people and they've either disconnected, or I have, or I simply forgot to add them as a friend and I would never see them again. So I guess I was just wondering if there could be something like that in TLOPO. Thanks c:
The reason that wasn't integrated in POTCO was because multiple people were allowed to have the same exact name.

yeah but i mean there could be clues as to who is really who maybe because of weapon levels, notoriety, guild names etc. idk i just feel like it could be a possibility.
The Pirate Directory on the game's site allowed you to search by name, and it would bring up all the Pirates with the same name, specifying their Levels and Stats from I think 24 hours prior, so you could do that, but nothing actually in-game.

The Pirate Directory on the game's site allowed you to search by name, and it would bring up all the Pirates with the same name, specifying their Levels and Stats from I think 24 hours prior, so you could do that, but nothing actually in-game.

Yeah I think it would be great to be able to message one another, often you might be on at different times, that way you could sort out friending and arrange times for quests, plundering etc. It would definitely be helpful.

The other thing would be a timezone thing or a countdown in "realtime" hours till an event as here in New Zealand and other countries it was always difficult trying to figure out PST or EST with daylight savings time etc.:swashbuckler:

Yeah I think it would be great to be able to message one another, often you might be on at different times, that way you could sort out friending and arrange times for quests, plundering etc. It would definitely be helpful.

The other thing would be a timezone thing or a countdown in "realtime" hours till an event as here in New Zealand and other countries it was always difficult trying to figure out PST or EST with daylight savings time etc.:swashbuckler:
I know for invasions, they had a countdown timer in-game.

Back