The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
As I continue to play Zelda games (which are some of my favorite games ever) I would like to ask about this one: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

Before I start I'm going to give my current rating of Zelda games (This includes only ones that I have completely finished (not ones that I played part of)

1. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (This was extremely hard to rate because Breath of the Wild is so close to this game. The only reason I have rated Ocarina of Time better is because its main quest is just unbeatable.. It is the best main quest of any game I have ever played. Even though it lacks side quests I just cant put this game any lower due to the main quest.)

2. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (This is by far the best Zelda game when you are talking about exploration. There is so much to do in this game and so much to explore! Even when you think you have finished it all there is still so much you haven't found yet. The reason that I have rated this game below Ocarina of time is simply because of its Main Quest. I like its main quest a lot! and its surely the second best main quest I have ever played and its extremely interesting since you recover lost memories and learn more about the past. So why did I say the main quest is below Ocarina of Times? Because of Dungeons... This game has four dungeons that are all divine beasts. All of them are very similar and they aren't very fun. The puzzles in the dungeons are very easy and the battles are EXTREMELY EASY. The bosses of the dungeons are semi hard though. The main boss at the end (despite extremely awesome looking and despite the battle being extremely epic is also very, very easy. I understand this game has shrines to make up for the lack of dungeons, but all you can get from shrines is spirt orbs which lead to heart containers or stamina. If maybe you earned some items like the hookshot, and some of the other awesome items from Zelda games they would be more fun.) BTW the actually game itself is pretty hard but the bosses are what is easy.

3. The Legend of Zelda The Windwaker (This game is fun and has a very nice main quest. I have two reasons its below the other two games. EDIT I had 2 long reasons why this was not as good as my top 2 games but I deleted it. After thinking it over and remembering my experience in the game, I realized that I really, really enjoyed this game. Despite it not having incredible dungeons they were still pretty fun and even though I personally didn't love the graphics they were still nice. Overall this game will always be in my top 5 Zelda games because it was my very first Zelda game. It showed me how fun these games were and how epic and incredible the adventures were.

Ok now to the actual question: The next game I would like to play is Twilight Princess. My questions are...
1. Based on my ratings do you think I would really enjoy this game? (I know I'll like it I just want to see if I will Really like it)
2. Did you enjoy this game (if you have played it)
3. What are your favorite Zelda Games?

EDIT 2 I have started playing twilight princess and I am enjoying it. The intro is quite long though and I don't exactly like being a wolf.... I really, really like the graphics but I haven't loved the actually game play yet. There was one moment when I was like "Wait that's it????" I have seen parts of an epic action sequence where you fight a bunch (Bokoblins or Moblins I cant tell) but the point is you fight these creatures because as they were coming to attack they were going to run over a girl from your village but a boy from the village pushes her out of the way. Their leader ends up taking the boy so you run after them on horseback. So I ran out of the village and followed them. I fought them on my horse and chased them down (they were riding hogs). I wounded their leader and he ran across a tower like bridge thing. (It only took me about 2 or less minutes to wound him so I was a little disapointed). As I followed him across the bridge. We met 1 on 1 and both sides of the bridge were closed off. (So I was like "Oh, ok this must be where the most of the battle and epicness happens." This was not so...

I CHARGED, HE CHARGED! WE RAN AT EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fell of my horse and died....

Anyway I respawned and
I CHARGED, HE CHARGED I HIT HIM AND......

He fell off and died.

Then I did this epic thing on my horse where she jumped up and I waved my sword in victory.
I was like THATS it???? Thats it... I fought him for like 2 seconds! I thought it would be this long epic battle but no its just like

xD you fell looser!

Last edited:
As I continue to play Zelda games (which are some of my favorite games ever) I would like to ask about this one: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

Before I start I'm going to give my current rating of Zelda games (This includes only ones that I have completely finished (not ones that I played part of)

1. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (This was extremely hard to rate because Breath of the Wild is so close to this game. The only reason I have rated Ocarina of Time better is because its main quest is just unbeatable.. It is the best main quest of any game I have ever played. Even though it lacks side quests I just cant put this game any lower due to the main quest.)

2. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (This is by far the best Zelda game when you are talking about exploration. There is so much to do in this game and so much to explore! Even when you think you have finished it all there is still so much you haven't found yet. The reason that I have rated this game below Ocarina of time is simply because of its Main Quest. I like its main quest a lot! and its surely the second best main quest I have ever played and its extremely interesting since you recover lost memories and learn more about the past. So why did I say the main quest is below Ocarina of Times? Because of Dungeons... This game has four dungeons that are all divine beasts. All of them are very similar and they aren't very fun. The puzzles in the dungeons are very easy and the battles are EXTREMELY EASY. The bosses of the dungeons are semi hard though. The main boss at the end (despite extremely awesome looking and despite the battle being extremely epic is also very, very easy. I understand this game has shrines to make up for the lack of dungeons, but all you can get from shrines is spirt orbs which lead to heart containers or stamina. If maybe you earned some items like the hookshot, and some of the other awesome items from Zelda games they would be more fun.) BTW the actually game itself is pretty hard but the bosses are what is easy.

3. The Legend of Zelda The Windwaker (This game is fun and has a very nice main quest. I have two reasons its below the other two games. EDIT I had 2 long reasons why this was not as good as my top 2 games but I deleted it. After thinking it over and remembering my experience in the game, I realized that I really, really enjoyed this game. Despite it not having incredible dungeons they were still pretty fun and even though I personally didn't love the graphics they were still nice. Overall this game will always be in my top 5 Zelda games because it was my very first Zelda game. It showed me how fun these games were and how epic and incredible the adventures were.

Ok now to the actual question: The next game I would like to play is Twilight Princess. My questions are...
1. Based on my ratings do you think I would really enjoy this game? (I know I'll like it I just want to see if I will Really like it)
2. Did you enjoy this game (if you have played it)
3. What are your favorite Zelda Games?

EDIT 2 I have started playing twilight princess and I am enjoying it. The intro is quite long though and I don't exactly like being a wolf.... I really, really like the graphics but I haven't loved the actually game play yet. There was one moment when I was like "Wait that's it????" I have seen parts of an epic action sequence where you fight a bunch (Bokoblins or Moblins I cant tell) but the point is you fight these creatures because as they were coming to attack they were going to run over a girl from your village but a boy from the village pushes her out of the way. Their leader ends up taking the boy so you run after them on horseback. So I ran out of the village and followed them. I fought them on my horse and chased them down (they were riding hogs). I wounded their leader and he ran across a tower like bridge thing. (It only took me about 2 or less minutes to wound him so I was a little disapointed). As I followed him across the bridge. We met 1 on 1 and both sides of the bridge were closed off. (So I was like "Oh, ok this must be where the most of the battle and epicness happens." This was not so...

I CHARGED, HE CHARGED! WE RAN AT EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fell of my horse and died....

Anyway I respawned and
I CHARGED, HE CHARGED I HIT HIM AND......

He fell off and died.

Then I did this epic thing on my horse where she jumped up and I waved my sword in victory.
I was like THATS it???? Thats it... I fought him for like 2 seconds! I thought it would be this long epic battle but no its just like

xD you fell looser!
Twilight Princess is very very similar to OOT, if you loved OOT youll probably love Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess is very very similar to OOT, if you loved OOT youll probably love Twilight Princess
Actually I am about mid way through Twilight Princess and I'm kinda tired of how much Darkness is in the land and I'm stuck at the part where you have to keep the carriage from burning and its not my favorite game so far. But will see..

Actually I am about mid way through Twilight Princess and I'm kinda tired of how much Darkness is in the land and I'm stuck at the part where you have to keep the carriage from burning and its not my favorite game so far. But will see..
the twilight part is tedious ill give you that, but if you are playing the HD version it is much much much shorter than the SD version

What did the HD version cut out?
Swapping between wolf link and normal link is significantly faster than it used to be and in the old version you had to collect 16 tears of light to return light to each area. theres quite a few other changes but none that really affect speed or story just some quality of life stuff

EDIT 3
As I continue to play Twilight Princess it is getting more fun and I like it better.
I really liked the Water dungeon (Lakebed Temple) It was just a well designed dungeon that was very fun.
The only problem/weird thing with the game is that I am more than halfway finished with the game and yet I have heard absolutely no mention of Ganondorf
I found this very strange since pretty much every other Zelda game (at least that I have played) at least gives mention to Ganondorf pretty early on. Most of the games you actually see Ganondorf pretty early on too.
This just seemed very strange to me. I know Zant is also a main antagonist but TBH I don't really like him that much....
I know for a fact that Ganondorf is the final boss because I have seen parts of the battle and heard it was epic.

I suppose the story is just not very well developed yet. I guess I just have to wait a little longer to find out what Ganondorf has to do with anything.

BTW In case you were wondering Ganondorf is my favorite antagonist in any video game ever xD He is awesome

One more thing :D
wanna hear a joke???
Ganon does not use the internet because there are too many Links...
I know I made you laugh

@Christopher Cannonskull

EDIT 4
Last edit I talked mostly about Ganondorf (the antagonist) this edit I wanted to talk more about Zelda in this game.
Very similar to Ganondorf In most Zelda games you talk to Zelda pretty early on and she is kind of your companion throughout the game.
Of course you have other companions sometimes that are with you throughout basically the whole game (such as Navi in Ocarina of time).
Either you usually talk to Zelda quite a bit and she helps you on your quest.

Just like Ganondorf this really isn't the case in Twilight Princess so far. You talk to Zelda like twice and both times your a wolf so your not even in human form...
Also SPOILERS
Midna takes Zelda's Power
The point is that Midna almost replaces Zelda. She isn't really like Navi in Ocarina of time who is more of a guide. She actually basically replaces Zelda completely. This is similar to what Zant does with Ganondorf.. Its like Zelda and Ganondorf aren't even there.. Its just twilight and Midna and Zant....

I don't like this at all so I'm hoping that this will change later in the game, but for now I have no idea.

EDIT 6

Well well.... after over 24 hours of gameplay I am ALMOST finished with Twilight Princess.
What did I think of the game: Well that's hard to say. There were some major pros of the game that I really enjoyed, but their were also some major cons of the game that annoyed me. I cant speak for everything because I am not quite done with the game (for those of you who want to know I am in the Hyrule Castle dungeon)

It's always very hard for me to rate Legend of Zelda games because I really like them all and each for different reasons. For example
I like windwaker because I like it's story
I like Breath of the Wild because there is so much to do and I like its story
I like Ocarina of Time because of its humbling puzzles and incredible main quest
I like Twilight Princess because I like the artstyle and the look of things and I like most of the battles and dungeons

It's so very hard for me to rate these games but I would probably rate them ATM like this
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Twilight Princess/Windwaker

I can't decide between windwaker and twilight princess because I like them for COMPLETELY different reasons.
Ocarina of Time will probably always remain at the top of my list... although its lack of side quests does make second thought it a bit.
Windwaker will always be in my top 5 because it was my first Zelda game and its very memorable to me and fun.
Twilight Princess actually disapointed me a little bit. As strange as that may seem I had Very high standards for Twilight Princess and expected it to be in my top 3 at the worst and top 2 at the best. It is tied with Windwaker at 3rd which I never would've imagined.

I'm probably going to add another post after this one when I complete the game but for now here you go.

Some reasons why I like this game
1. Artstyle/look of things
2. vast world with several side quests
3. Some of the best dungeons in the Zelda series
4. A decently hard game but not impossible
5. The battle against Zant.. This battle completely took me by surprise as being one of the best battles I have ever fought in a Zelda game. Top 5 for sure. It was not that the battle was that hard, it was just the way it was set up, Its not something I want to spoil for people.
6. Boss battles. Most of the boss battles in this game were very enjoyable to me.

Some reasons why I dislike this game
1. Being in the twilight. (being in the twilight is usually very boring)
2. MAJOR REASON: The fact that Zelda and Ganondorf get overshadowed and almost replaced by Midna and Zant
^ I really guess that pretty much all of my reasons are based on this one above....
3. The build up.. In every good Zelda game there is build up to fighting Ganondorf (if he is the main boss which he is in most of the games) Rating the build ups are easy for me
4. Twilight Princess (I'll get to this in a second)
3. Breath of the Wild (Breath of the Wild does a pretty good job with building up to this moment where you will fight calamity ganon and save Zelda. The only problem with this is that you have this huge build up and then Ganon ends up being an EXTREMELY easy boss and it's a let down.
2. The Windwaker (The Windwaker does a very nice job with this moment. As it builds up from just hearing about Ganon to seeing him for the first time, to him capturing Zelda, to the final battle against him which is very very well done.
1. Ocarina of Time (There's just nothing that can best this. You see him at the very VERY beginning of the game, you dont have to wait until your almost through with the game to hear about him like in Twilight Princess. It's just incredible.. after hearing and seeing him multiple times and being teased about him through the game, after completing in my opinion the hardest 3D Zelda game you finally meet him in battle. Not just that but the Boss battle is not one you'll soon forget. I will not spoil that battle any further. You must play the game and see it for yourself.

MIDWAY STOPPER I doubt anyone will read this whole thing but CONGRATS if you have made it this far..
As I was saying the battle with Ganon in Twilight Princess is not lead up to very well. You only hear about 2 mentions of Ganondorf and quick cutscenes with him throughout the very end of the game. Zant seems like the real final boss because he has been teased more the Ganondorf.
4. That one moment.... There is this moment in the game where you have just completed a bunch of dungeons and you're the hero! Not.... Midna basically just steals your moment and reveals some important things that I wont spoil. Minor reason but it annoyed me alot xD
Final Reason
5. Zelda. You barely see Zelda in the game as I have stated before. You don't really talk to her either. It's just kind of like she isn't important to the story at all.

I'm headed to work right now, but I'll try to contribute something tonight lol (as I said though I have very little experience when it comes to Zelda)

Back