Looting The one(s) that got away...

C

Crashalot

Infinite loading screen error made me miss this item...

weeping, lol!
so sad.jpg

Did you log in on 2 different computers? That's what the disconnection notice says. I've never seen that one before, and I'm wondering how that would happen due to an 'Infinite loading screen error'

Did you log in on 2 different computers? That's what the disconnection notice says. I've never seen that one before, and I'm wondering how that would happen due to an 'Infinite loading screen error'
Not exactly.
Let me explain things.
You see, there's the infinite loading screen error. This means you will never load or land at your destination after sailing. You can leave the window open for a day, and it will never load. That basically means you've crashed, caput.
However, there's a way to see what loot you've lost.
Now here's where it gets tricky for many.
You open another game launcher, while leaving the game with infinite loading screen still open. You cannot close it or this trick/method will not work!
The way you do this is you locate the game launcher, on your desktop or wherever you keep it, and you launch the game again.
Yes, you can launch the game more than once, except you can only be logged on to one game at a time.
Once the new game launches and loads, where you see your pirate page, you will now get the message and screen posted above for the game that glitched due to infinite loading screen error, which erroneously states that someone else has logged into your game. That's an incorrect error message, and you can ignore it because you've simply logged into the game with the launcher again while leaving the other game still open.
Now you will see, behind the error message, what loot you lost.
You will also see what gold and mats you still get.
Finally, if someone else did actually log onto your game, which is unlikely, then you'd still theoretically get the lost loot, which never happens because you've actually crashed, due to infinite loading screen error.
This is just a way to see what loot you've lost due to infinite loading screen error, and to weep...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess now I know where all my famed items go, hehe!
Seems almost every time I get an infinite loading screen, there's a famed item in the loot.
And based on the number of times I crash when porting, well, I'd probably have quite a few by now.
Oh well...
Savor it!

View attachment 92250
OH MY GOODNESS MAN that's incredibly unlucky, do you sail a lot or something? I never got any famed stuff from sailing in POTCO. You gotta take my advice and just not look at it, because at the rate you're going, you'll end up depressed because of how much stuff you knew you ALMOST had. That would kill me inside lol.

OH MY GOODNESS MAN that's incredibly unlucky, do you sail a lot or something? I never got any famed stuff from sailing in POTCO. You gotta take my advice and just not look at it, because at the rate you're going, you'll end up depressed because of how much stuff you knew you ALMOST had. That would kill me inside lol.
LOL, it's no big thing. Just a game in beta, doing what beta does. I personally still count 'em all as famed weapons won, even though I aint got 'em in my weapons belt.
It actually makes me smile knowing I got a famed.
And yes, you might say that I go sailing often...

Well, at least I'm not alone, as recent threads suggest, when crashing while porting.
It has become a major issue, more so than the inconvenience it used to be.
I just like to look at the loot I've lost.

I would just like to add that I feel privileged to be able to play this game in beta and that I fully understand there will be glitches, which I am helping the devs work out as they can to make the game more enduring and enjoyable as they progress. And yes, that was a mouth full to say (and read!).
Thank you devs! I loves you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back