The Tale Of The Account Hacker

Lord Drake

Notorious Pirate
Hi guys.. this has been a crazy couple hours for me. Probably the scariest day in POTCO ever.

It all started when my friend was talking about an account that got hacked. The hacker was named The Last Pluto. My friend told me to go to that server that starts with a K.. at the Port Royal Shipwright. I arrived there, and for 15 minutes the hacker was being a jerk to everyone. I was recording it, but because of the ending I won't upload the video and put it here. Besides, the summary is just Peter deleting things and me insulting him and telling him what he's doing is jail-worthy. Then, I took screenshots of the chat boxes. Here they are.

L10.png
Then, he steals my main account. Turns out though, that he didn't, he was just lieing about that, or never tampered with it, because he didn't change the password or anythi
L9.png
ng.
L8.png
Then he threatened me in real life..
L6.png
Then we pvped.. he made the rules "interesting".
L5.jpg
Thank god.
L4.png
L3.png
L2.png
Then, I said goodbye.

What. A. Day.

Hi guys.. this has been a crazy couple hours for me. Probably the scariest day in POTCO ever.

It all started when my friend was talking about an account that got hacked. The hacker was named The Last Pluto. My friend told me to go to that server that starts with a K.. at the Port Royal Shipwright. I arrived there, and for 15 minutes the hacker was being a jerk to everyone. I was recording it, but because of the ending I won't upload the video and put it here. Besides, the summary is just Peter deleting things and me insulting him and telling him what he's doing is jail-worthy. Then, I took screenshots of the chat boxes. Here they are.
Note that the account ID Peter mentions is not mine.View attachment 31406

View attachment 31407Then, he steals my main account. Turns out though, that he didn't, he was just lieing about that, or never tampered with it, because he didn't change the password or anythiView attachment 31408ng.View attachment 31409 Then he threatened me in real life..View attachment 31411Then we pvped.. he made the rules "interesting".View attachment 31412Thank god.View attachment 31413View attachment 31414View attachment 31415Then, I said goodbye.

What. A. Day.
I am surprised this didn't end with someone being banned from POTCO.

I am surprised this didn't end with someone being banned from POTCO.
Yeah.. I don't really want this taken down, the moral is to always stand up for each other. The thing is the thumbnail was the threat, and I don't want to get a violation for posting something like that.

Yeah.. I don't really want this taken down, the moral is to always stand up for each other. The thing is the thumbnail was the threat, and I don't want to get a violation for posting something like that.
Just delete the thumbnail very fast, please. Sorry for double post.

I do NOT want to violate the forum policy.

Wow, I can't even imagine why someone would even want to steal someone else's account, and ruin all the hard work that went into it. People these days are ridiculous, and regardless of if the guy gave the accounts back or not Disney should still track him down through his IP, and get him arrested. I feel so strongly about this topic in particular, because I have had close friends who have been hacked, and had all of their items deleted and sometimes even the pirates, and in one case the entire account. I just don't understand why someone would want to do something like this. Makes me sick to my stomach to think that we live in that kind of world today.

When people get addicted to computers, they want to go beyond the limits. That is why internet is such a big issue even in politics.

Hacking accounts or the game itself is no different. Online, the weakest physical person can be the strongest. So motives can include trying to look "cool", attention, for "power", to show off, to get back at someone that in RL they can't, pleasure, and the list goes on.

In games, the main motives seem to be attention, to show off and more importantly because they can... they think its cool. Pretty much all of it is pathetic. In the end, it is known that there will always be hackers but POTCO just makes it easy for all of them who do it because their security seems to be just pain weak and there isn't much of a consequence in doing so because its very likely that Disney won't even catch these hackers unless they do it right in their face.

When people get addicted to computers, they want to go beyond the limits. That is why internet is such a big issue even in politics.

Hacking accounts or the game itself is no different. Online, the weakest physical person can be the strongest. So motives can include trying to look "cool", attention, for "power", to show off, to get back at someone that in RL they can't, pleasure, and the list goes on.

In games, the main motives seem to be attention, to show off and more importantly because they can... they think its cool. Pretty much all of it is pathetic. In the end, it is known that there will always be hackers but POTCO just makes it easy for all of them who do it because their security seems to be just pain weak and there isn't much of a consequence in doing so because its very likely that Disney won't even catch these hackers unless they do it right in their face.
If they were smart they would do one of the simplest forms of a consequence. IP Ban. Quite Simple, and easy to do, especially for a multi-billion dollar company. Although being able to do it isn't the problem, Disney is just too lazy, and honestly I don't think they care.

If they were smart they would do one of the simplest forms of a consequence. IP Ban. Quite Simple, and easy to do, especially for a multi-billion dollar company. Although being able to do it isn't the problem, Disney is just too lazy, and honestly I don't think they care.
Well, Disney isn't THAT bad. But they do tend to overreact on little things and ignore large problems.

Wow, I can't even imagine why someone would even want to steal someone else's account, and ruin all the hard work that went into it. People these days are ridiculous, and regardless of if the guy gave the accounts back or not Disney should still track him down through his IP, and get him arrested. I feel so strongly about this topic in particular, because I have had close friends who have been hacked, and had all of their items deleted and sometimes even the pirates, and in one case the entire account. I just don't understand why someone would want to do something like this. Makes me sick to my stomach to think that we live in that kind of world today.
I agree with you Jim, I think in the future there going to get what they deserve. :p Hope they learn there lesson never to do it again if it happens to them.

Back