Discussion TLOPO Q/A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have something else in mind. It's been an internal staff easter egg / jumpscare, but with an upcoming QOL feature, it'll actually be available for everyone.

(This isn't a huge feature, but it's a funny little thing with Scary Mary)
Thank you. I dang near might have to play! (It's mighty tempting). ;)

So here's another question I know it's a love and hate relationship but do you think it would be possible to put the sotl in the game as a temporary ship to keep players engaged in sailing until you have the proper finished carrack to add to the game then take the sotl out and maybe later in the games lifetime add the sotl back when the sailing content gets stale again just to keep players engaged and keeps the game fresh and keeps players hooked just a random question I know you guys don't have any intention of releasing the ship but you do have the actual ship on the files it was released in potco test servers for a day all it needs is to be tweaked and you have yourself a new ship just an honest opinion and I know there are gonna be people that want it and people who don't I'm just trying to keep the game fresh and engaging

So...

Speaking personally, not for staff overall, I love the SOTL and want it to be available for players. I have it on my personal to-do list. But I'd like to be careful about how we implement it, if we were to. And because of that, it isn't as simple as a few small tweaks and then plugin and play.

None of this is stuff we're working on, but it's been discussed at length:

- If we were to release SOTL, it would have to be incredibly hard to get. Something highly sought after like a legendary. That doesn't mean you'd have to loot for it (lolol), but it should require lots of steps and difficult tasks.

- SOTL as a model is missing some key things, namely repair spots and collisions (invisible walls) in some key locations as to prevent players from falling and being trapped below deck. We have to be very careful when it comes to editing more complex pre-existing POTCO models, as converting them into an editable format, and then back into a format the game can use often causes data loss. It's hard to predict, and we're working with Panda3D developers whenever such an issue arises. This is also why the Carrack has been a difficult project. We have to be very careful with how we edit the model and any intractable nodes (where it tells the game to place cannons, the steering wheel, masts, etc).

- SOTL stats-wise is not balanced to be a player ship. Disney released all NPC ships for sale by a mistake, and decided to just let players have the SOTL to keep on the Test Server.

I know this isn't a definitive yes or no answer, but I hope it provides insights into our thought process on the SOTL.

- If we were to release SOTL, it would have to be incredibly hard to get. Something highly sought after like a legendary. That doesn't mean you'd have to loot for it (lolol), but it should require lots of steps and difficult tasks.
Why exactly would this ship be incredibly hard to get? Will it have more broadsides or what?

Would it be possible for the team to release some playerbase statistics? I’m always curious about this, and love seeing numbers and especially graphs/charts and such if possible. I know player counts might be a little to be expected to some (although unique player counts could be interesting). But personally I’d be more interested in stats such as: where are TLOPO players located in the world, average playtimes, enemies killed, ships sunk, legendaries looted, most popular game locations, etc. I’m sure at least some of these are already tracked.

It would be super interesting to see this either as a response here or as an official blog post. I seem to remember a blog post or two in the past going over a few statistics like this.

because the coolest stuff in the game should be the hardest to get tbh
The ship of the line isn't really that cool in my opinion, it'll most likely just be worse than war galleon where it's just slow and can resist a lot of damage. That hardly sounds cool and every other ship can just be purchased with the right amount of gold and sailing level. It would make sense to make the war brig a hard to get ship since it is a jack of all trades.

I know there's a dedicated section for it in the forums, but are there more screenshots from the test server? Potentially from different angles? I'm super interested in the performance/graphic overhaul of it all.

I know there's a dedicated section for it in the forums, but are there more screenshots from the test server? Potentially from different angles? I'm super interested in the performance/graphic overhaul of it all.
Yup, I’ll try to keep up with it more. I’m a bit busy this week but towards the weekend I’ll try to upload more short videos/screenshots.

A couple of questions for TLOPO:
1.) With respect to POTCO being recreated, does TLOPO view/see Disney as a corporate entity 🏭 to be feared and/or avoided -or- does TLOPO view/see Disney as more of an umbrella 🏖⛱ which happens to just house people (with hearts and feelings) whom get paid by Disney? *Please pick only one viewpoint. ;)
2.) Could TLOPO be satisfied with having a "Jesse Schell" type supporter on TLOPO's side just as readily as Toontown Rewritten (TTR) does in lieu of Mr. Schell?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ty for being more transparent lately with us. Escondida is on hold till the other projects come up? Any plans with Escondida.. will it come up in the new story quest ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 135
A couple of questions for TLOPO:
1.) With respect to POTCO being recreated, does TLOPO view/see Disney as a corporate entity 🏭 to be feared and/or avoided -or- does TLOPO view/see Disney as more of an umbrella 🏖⛱ which happens to just house people (with hearts and feelings) whom get paid by Disney? *Please pick only one viewpoint. ;)
2.) Could TLOPO be satisfied with having a "Jesse Schell" type supporter on TLOPO's side just as readily as Toontown Rewritten (TTR) does in lieu of Mr. Schell?

Thank you.

1.) I don't see how you could just pick one. Disney is absolutely both, as are all corporations.

2. Satisfied? Not sure what you mean specifically.

Q: Ahoy, a bit weird question but I would like to know if you will add new dance moves to the game? :piratedance:
cause the old one is getting old...

Q: Will we ever see released more places like Hollowed Woods in the future?

Q: Ahoy, a bit weird question but I would like to know if you will add new dance moves to the game? :piratedance:
cause the old one is getting old...

Q: Will we ever see released more places like Hollowed Woods in the future?

1. New dance moves? Animations are particularly tricky because of some conversion issues with Panda3D. But it's not impossible.

2. By new released places, do you mean holiday/event areas, or just new locations in general? If the latter, absolutely. If the former, maybe? We've talked about it, since Hollowed Woods was such a hit.

1. New dance moves? Animations are particularly tricky because of some conversion issues with Panda3D. But it's not impossible.

2. By new released places, do you mean holiday/event areas, or just new locations in general? If the latter, absolutely. If the former, maybe? We've talked about it, since Hollowed Woods was such a hit.

New locations in different islands because HW was an amazing idea to be added to the game! :happy:
and yes are we going to see New Holiday event areas added to the game?

New locations in different islands because HW was an amazing idea to be added to the game! :happy:
and yes are we going to see New Holiday event areas added to the game?

You should see new areas on pre-existing islands as well as entirely new islands. We're doing both.

New holiday event areas would be fantastic, but it isn't in the pipeline right now. It's definitely being considered though!

So...

Speaking personally, not for staff overall, I love the SOTL and want it to be available for players. I have it on my personal to-do list. But I'd like to be careful about how we implement it, if we were to. And because of that, it isn't as simple as a few small tweaks and then plugin and play.

None of this is stuff we're working on, but it's been discussed at length:

- SOTL as a model is missing some key things, namely repair spots and collisions (invisible walls) in some key locations as to prevent players from falling and being trapped below deck. We have to be very careful when it comes to editing more complex pre-existing POTCO models, as converting them into an editable format, and then back into a format the game can use often causes data loss. It's hard to predict, and we're working with Panda3D developers whenever such an issue arises. This is also why the Carrack has been a difficult project. We have to be very careful with how we edit the model and any intractable nodes (where it tells the game to place cannons, the steering wheel, masts, etc).

- SOTL stats-wise is not balanced to be a player ship. Disney released all NPC ships for sale by a mistake, and decided to just let players have the SOTL to keep on the Test Server.

I know this isn't a definitive yes or no answer, but I hope it provides insights into our thought process on the SOTL.
so ok ive been brain storming but id like to hear your guys thoughts so for the carrack its said to have the cargo similar to the galleon but with less armor the light galleon has 10 cargo the light carrack could have 9 cargo with a speed of 9 and a turn radius of 5 since its faster the carrack could have 13 cargo speed of 9 turn radius of 5 and the war carrack could have a cargo of 17 speed of 9 and a turn radius of 5 or you can take it another route have more cargo light carrack 12 speed of 9 turn radius of 4 the carrack 16 speed of 9 turn radius of 4 and the war carrack cargo 20 speed of 9 and turn radius of 4. Now I also have the sotl stats ive been brain storming of how to make it balanced so this is what I got so far for the sotl cargo 22 health 25k but the armor is decreased heavily to where it will take about 3 broadsides from explosives to sink you turn radius increased to 4 or you can go 24 cargo 18k health decreased armor and have a turn radius of 4 just things im brain storming what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back