Discussion TLOPO Q/A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is an old thread; but where are the current TLPO servers at now? are they located around california like OG potco?
Nah, its not an old thread, you can post and game related and development questions you may have.

I dont know the exact locations of the servers but I can at least tell you that they are hosted remotely though a service. The Devs may be able to be more specific once they have the time to check in and answer some of the pending questions from this thread

So how was all this get started without disney lawyers catching on and closing it down? I've done servers for "dead" multiplayer games before like socom/rainbow 6 3 on ps2 but never a COMPLETELY ONLINE game before; that's way too many textures, scripts, animations for me to implement into reclassifying and such ect. Props to you guys, that takes major cannonballs.

So how was all this get started without disney lawyers catching on and closing it down? I've done servers for "dead" multiplayer games before like socom/rainbow 6 3 on ps2 but never a COMPLETELY ONLINE game before; that's way too many textures, scripts, animations for me to implement into reclassifying and such ect. Props to you guys, that takes major cannonballs.
There was an answer previously on this thread saying that Disney is most likely aware of the project but has decided for now not to take action.

A lot of it has to due with the fact that the Devs choose to keep things as close to Disney G rated image as possible by not allowing profanity and they also are doing this as a free project instead of trying to make money off of a Disney property

I know some others here (like myself) would like to see all new hair styles etc added into TLOPO.

At this time, is it looking at all possible for the devs to create their very own meshes for TLOPO?
I would love to see new hairstyles & colors, new character shapes & details, completely new clothing styles and make up sets (this could be added as a facial tattoo, maybe).

Ty for taking the time to answer all our questions! 💕

Hey All... The Crew, Teague, Mr Dev & Co : )

Just wondering, there were designs for cannon customisation back in POTCO, if me memory serves me right. Is this being revisited or have we decided it's not a good idea?

Thanks again for making our lives that bit better through this project... we will never forget 19 th Sept 2013:eek:
:pirate ship:

It actually runs a little better for me now since the maintenance thanks to the TLOPO Staff. Everyone should stop begging the TLOPO Staff for stuff like the new ship in development. Give them time and you all will be amazed.

what all goes into making new islands?

also what process do you go through to fix bugs and glitches?

how do you make new enemies?

what process do you go through to make new npc's?
@The Crew Mr. Dev is probably the best person to ask regarding the process of creating new islands. This thread I'm linking provides some insight on how Isla Escondida was created. https://tlopo.com/news/post/253/

For bugs and glitches, we typically look through in-game reports and the Forums. In addition, our QA testers also help find bugs for us. Regardless of how the bug is found, we generally put them on a list, once they're on the list, they're fixed over time. Our developers test their fixes on their own system before shipping it off to our Quality Assurance server for further testing.

Mr. Dev can probably answer the process of making NPCs and enemies better than I can.

I apologize if this is a question that has been answered elsewhere that I just haven't seen, but I've been curious! What did the staff have to go through in order to make this remake happen? On the basis of copyrights, but also getting access to all those old files? Did someone just still have the game installed and had the files stored in that installation, or did you guys have to contact the people who made the original game, or what? (I'm a bit of an aspiring game designer myself so I would love to geek out about the process a bit!)

Actually, we gained access to the old files through some of our staff members. Several of them still had the files (client side) on their devices and we were able to utilize those and begin the process of creating TLOPO. The majority of our developers were still in high school during this time and they had to learn as they worked on TLOPO, it was very much a trial and error process. A lot of research was involved in learning how to remake this game; however, we received no assistance from Disney during this time.

In regards to copyright, we have't received explicit permission from Disney, but we also haven't had action taken against us yet. It has been reliably confirmed to us that Disney has no issue with TLOPO's existence at this moment.

A developer may come in later and give a more technical answer on the process of creating TLOPO. ;)

Sorry if this is an old thread; but where are the current TLPO servers at now? are they located around california like OG potco?
I'm not sure if I can say where they're located but I will say, they're not in California.
Disney so far hasn't taken action against us. We haven't received permission from them either but it has been reliably confirmed to us that they're aware of our existence, and don't have an issue with it at this moment.
I know some others here (like myself) would like to see all new hair styles etc added into TLOPO.

At this time, is it looking at all possible for the devs to create their very own meshes for TLOPO?
I would love to see new hairstyles & colors, new character shapes & details, completely new clothing styles and make up sets (this could be added as a facial tattoo, maybe).

Ty for taking the time to answer all our questions! 💕
New hairstyles definitely are a possibility but they'd require a fair bit of commitment in regards to time. We may experiment with this later once we are out of Beta.
Hey All... The Crew, Teague, Mr Dev & Co : )

Just wondering, there were designs for cannon customisation back in POTCO, if me memory serves me right. Is this being revisited or have we decided it's not a good idea?

Thanks again for making our lives that bit better through this project... we will never forget 19 th Sept 2013:eek:
:pirate ship:
We have definitely talked about it! We want to toy around with adding more options for Ship Customization in the future. Those cannon designs are definitely a possibility ;)

Will the spoon the jumbee cooks have ever be released as a weapon pirates can use? What about the 4 barrel repeater?

Last edited:
Will the spoon the jumbee cooks have ever be released as a weapon pirates can use? What about the 4 barrel repeater?
We do have a spoon lying around that can be used... will it release? No telling at the moment. As for the four barrel repeater, there haven't been any discussions about releasing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back