TOONTOWN_REWRITTEN (as the emulator 'guinea pig') ~

Should PERMISSION have been obtained from Disney to assure ToonTown Rewritten's success?

• Yes ~ Developers for TTR "should have" gain such an assurance from Disney/DIMG

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • No ~ Developers for TTR "fully understand" the FAIR USE clause and it's_complete interpretation

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Unsure ~ The risk is worth the reward but "consequences" do happen to concern me

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
People should no bye now that disney doesn't care so if someone is re making there game if they did care the game would not of closed

People should no bye now that disney doesn't care so if someone is re making there game if they did care the game would not of closed
know * by * Disney * re-making * not have close *

Also, I agree. - The re-making of POTCO is far to great of a job for most of even the 'official' Disney staff which ran it poorly. I by experience of trying learned even if we did manage to re-create POTCO perfectly do you think 70, 50 or even 10% of it's players actually still play it?

Note: This is just my point of view, no bashing, pointing fingers or insults to any project intended.

On the matter of Rewritten, I personally think Toontown Infinite is making more progress and effectiveness in gaming then Rewritten ever will. - However, they have more credibility because they are the great 'Disney staff' and will stick to this project to the 'end'. We all seem to know were they got us...

:2 cents:

TTR did have over 2000 members online at a time when toonfest was still going on. That is quite a few members for a game that is still in Open Beta.

Toontown Infinite gets a average of 1000 member online a DAY! ~ As well as updates at LEAST once a week and new content every month!

You can log onto Toontown infinite and latterly count the number of members on it's server. I've seen it up to 2,400.

That is MY experience playing the game. As well as no wait time and log in WHENEVER you want rather then 'wait times' which I doubt will ever go away.

Toontown infinite gets my vote.

Toontown Infinite gets a average of 1000 member online a DAY! ~ As well as updates at LEAST once a week and new content every month!

You can log onto Toontown infinite and latterly count the number of members on it's server. I've seen it up to 2,400.

That is MY experience playing the game. As well as no wait time and log in WHENEVER you want rather then 'wait times' which I doubt will ever go away.

Toontown infinite gets my vote.
There are no longer wait times in TTR, as it is now in Open Beta.
Just logged into TTR, there are 3,387 people online. I had minimal lag.
TTR seems to be a little bit more organized as well, providing updates to the game on a regular basis.
TTR has my vote so far, even though they could be swayed. (Note: Just my opinions, please don't take offense).

There are no longer wait times in TTR, as it is now in Open Beta.
Just logged into TTR, there are 3,387 people online. I had minimal lag.
TTR seems to be a little bit more organized as well, providing updates to the game on a regular basis.
TTR has my vote so far.
Either way, I hope both projects the best. ~ I will stick with TTI because of the less lag though and more content. :2 cents:

Either way, I hope both projects the best. ~ I will stick with TTI because of the less lag though and more content. :2 cents:
Ya I wish both the best too, glad to see that there are 2 different teams of people that care about the community and the game enough to recreate the memories for so many people.

Ya I wish both the best too, glad to see that there are 2 different teams of people that care about the community and the game enough to recreate the memories for so many people.
Indeed, I just wish some kind hearted programmers would do the same for Pirates. I tired myself and the task was just to much for me alone, regardless of the extra programmers. You need a full on experienced TEAM for such a dream to come true.

I won't support TTI, for the main reason that their source code was stolen from TTR. The TTR source code was stolen by TTI through the use of a virus that was given to a TTR developer. They used this source code as a head start to their game, people may say that TTI has accomplished more in less amount of time than TTR, but they are wrong. TTR spent a lot of time decompiling the code from Toontown and fixing any problems with the decompiled code. TTI stolethat code and started adding features, fixing bugs, etc.

I don't trust TTI, if they got their code through the use of a virus, then what makes me think they wouldn't insert a virus into TTI to steal users personal information?

I won't support TTI, for the main reason that their source code was stolen from TTR. The TTR source code was stolen by TTI through the use of a virus that was given to a TTR developer. They used this source code as a head start to their game, people may say that TTI has accomplished more in less amount of time than TTR, but they are wrong. TTR spent a lot of time decompiling the code from Toontown and fixing any problems with the decompiled code. TTI stolethat code and started adding features, fixing bugs, etc.

I don't trust TTI, if they got their code through the use of a virus, then what makes me think they wouldn't insert a virus into TTI to steal users personal information?
Exactly, another reason I personally do not trust them in any way, shape, or form.

Well,obviously The TTR Team, or any other team aiming to rewrite and bring back old Disney mmos. Would know that if they tried to make a profit off of Disney's content they could be sued big time, anyone would know that. i mean, the project TTR was announced last year after the closing. I'm sure some one from Disney saw it and read it and left it alone becaused they realized that they were making no profit off their content.Just like another remake, they emailed Disney and Disney said it would be fine just as long as they did not make any profit off their content. And, i know that Joey and Every one else knew Disney's rules and regulations.

...I'm sure some one from Disney saw it and read it and left it alone becaused they realized that they were making no profit off their content.Just like another remake, they emailed Disney and Disney said it would be fine just as long as they did not make any profit off their content. And, i know that Joey and Every one else knew Disney's rules and regulations.
I hate to disappoint you but neither ToonTown Rewritten nor another remake ever gained permission from Disney to proceed with their emulators (voiding therefore statements made within the past including the 'not-for-profit' claim).

For more information, you can read up on this article I am providing below:

I hate to disappoint you but neither ToonTown Rewritten nor another remake ever gained permission from Disney to proceed with their emulators (voiding therefore statements made within the past including the 'not-for-profit' claim).

For more information, you can read up on this article I am providing below:

I Read your article.But, let me put it this way, you're telling me that the email that the another remake team showed is faked?

I Read your article.But, let me put it this way, you're telling me that the email that the another remake team showed is faked?
I take no pleasure in saying this but...yes...that is what I am saying. ~ This fact is understood by other individuals already within the community, and not just my own self. For clarity, please review: https://piratesforums.co/threads/toontown_rewritten-as-the-emulator-guinea-pig.9828/#post-157855

Friends, I think it's important to remember that when another remake first began, it's initial team of developers were heavily inspired by the effort of Toon Town Rewritten (TTR). While although the news article attached to this thread mentions TTR specifically, I think what had happened with another remake is that key developers assumed Disney would grant them said permission within such an email but unfortunately such an email was never accepted. In my opinion, I think it's fair to say that while although another remake made a mistake they did so...with the community's full interest in mind. However, that is still no excuse for another remake not remaining 100% transparent with the very community they seek to gain support.

Much like TTR, another remake nevertheless has become the benchmark by which all other emulators are gauging their efforts and accomplishments towards.

I take no pleasure in saying this but...yes...that is what I am saying. ~ This fact is understood by other individuals already within the community, and not just my own self. For clarity, please review: https://piratesforums.co/threads/toontown_rewritten-as-the-emulator-guinea-pig.9828/#post-157855

Friends, I think it's important to remember that when another remake first began, it's initial team of developers were heavily inspired by the effort of Toon Town Rewritten (TTR). While although the news article attached to this thread mentions TTR specifically, I think what had happened with another remake is that key developers assumed Disney would grant them said permission within such an email but unfortunately such an email was never accepted. In my opinion, I think it's fair to say that while although another remake made a mistake they did so...with the community's full interest in mind. However, that is still no excuse for another remake not remaining 100% transparent with the very community they seek to gain support.

Much like TTR, another remake nevertheless has become the benchmark by which all other emulators are gauging their efforts and accomplishments towards.
so who exactly discovered or knew it was fake? whats the proof?

so who exactly discovered or knew it was fake? whats the proof?
Logic tells us it is fake.
Disney, or any company of that scale, would never give permission for a small, unheard of, 3rd party to take what they have already constructed and build it up again, or make it better. However some companies may turn their backs to this and let it happen.

Also Tomislav, an old developer for another remake posted this topic on the official Panda3d forums. https://www.panda3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16736

He mentions getting permission from Disney to go through with the project and, as people do and should do, ask for proof. He sends over this picture of an email, that supposedly is from Disney.
hWDaqGP.png

...However the sender and receiver names are the same.:facepalm:

I believe there was another picture of an "email from Disney" floating around which was shown to the another remake community that looked legitimate. However the fact that this clearly fake email was posted on the Panda3D forums by an official member of the another remake staff at the time, well it most likely means both of them were faked.

Logic tells us it is fake.

Also Tomislav, an old developer for another remake posted this topic on the official Panda3d forums. https://www.panda3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16736

He mentions getting permission from Disney to go through with the project and, as people do and should do, ask for proof. He sends over this picture of an email, that supposedly is from Disney.
hWDaqGP.png

...However the sender and receiver names are the same.:facepalm:

I believe there was another picture of an "email from Disney" floating around which was shown to the another remake community that looked legitimate. However the fact that this clearly fake email was posted on the Panda3D forums by an official member of the another remake staff at the time, well it most likely means both of them were faked.
honestly, i figured it was fake but i wasnt sure.

Back