Tip Try not to hog keys

I think what a lot of people don't understand is that, with me personally at least, I'm not just keeping them. Since I'm not limited to 3 hours every few days, I'd rather use my unlimited access to find keys and give them out to people so that they don't have to waste their already limited playtime to find them for themselves. I guess its a matter of perspective though.

Gosh people are getting more than 1? I can't even snag 1! Lol. But good point, sharing is caring whether with your friends/family or hosting some sort of contest for fellow forum mates. Whatever you please of course but to just keep them not in use would be a shame.

:2 cents:
I have a friend who got 3 in one night. He vowed never to dig again cause he already had a total of 4 keys :confused:. he did give them away tho.

I kept on digging for two hours straight tonight and got none. But I was having fun with new friends that I made tonight.

Last night there were a bunch of district resets. Usually the rule is 1 key per district per hour, however in the event of a district reset, the key for that district becomes available again--even if it hasn't been an hour. Those servers were resetting every 5 minutes. I was able to get a couple keys strategically using this method. Just like you mentioned, I have no intention to hoard them, instead I'm looking out for positive people on IRC and PF to give these away to. For this reason, I'm all for people scooping up as many keys as they want to put the time into finding them, so long as they don't just make like 5 accounts but instead give them away to the community.

If you swing me a code I will build you a shrine and worship you as a deity.

I have given up on digging. I have tried on the hour every hour in my three hour playtime. I try before, right on, and after the hour but I haven't had any luck. I am getting on tomorrow, any tips to increase my chances if I do happen to try again?

My method now is when ever I walk by a dig spot, then I dig. Wasted a 3 hours slot doing nothing but digging, waste of a slot if all you do is dig.

Who would need more than one key? I have my own key, found a key, and promptly gave it away. If I find any more, I'll give those away also. Share the wealth people!

My method now is when ever I walk by a dig spot, then I dig. Wasted a 3 hours slot doing nothing but digging, waste of a slot if all you do is dig.

I do the same thing. When I first found out you could get beta keys, I wasted my whole slot trying to get one, but got nothing. Now I just dig whenever I go past a dig spot or if I'm sailing to an island, loot any ships on my way over. Better to actually play the game while you can for those 3 hours and hope you get lucky than to sit around doing almost nothing and hoping you get one. Still haven't gotten a beta key though.

How about this; after you've dug up a key in-game and it's added to your earned keys list on the website, add buttons next to the key for "claim" or "gift"; as well as a countdown timer of something like a few days or maybe a week. If you choose to gift it, you're prompted to enter the email address registered to whoever you're gifting to. They'all then receive an email to accept or deny the gift. If the key is not used in some fashion after the timer has expired, staff reclaim it and put it in a key drop in IRC or in the forum somewhere.

I have given up on digging. I have tried on the hour every hour in my three hour playtime. I try before, right on, and after the hour but I haven't had any luck. I am getting on tomorrow, any tips to increase my chances if I do happen to try again?
You probably won't wanna hear this but just keep digging. I'm in the same boat as you. What could help is playing in one of the less populated servers/oceans because I'm pretty sure they have separate key allotments.

You probably won't wanna hear this but just keep digging. I'm in the same boat as you. What could help is playing in one of the less populated servers/oceans because I'm pretty sure they have separate key allotments.
The key I found was from killing a skeleton as part of a quest. I don't think there's a need to be bored and just dig.

As active-duty military, I hardly have time to play my full 3 hour slot because my free time is broken down into hours every day, I'd be thrilled to find just 1 key so I could play more than once every 2-3 days. Please don't hoard them.

As active-duty military, I hardly have time to play my full 3 hour slot because my free time is broken down into hours every day, I'd be thrilled to find just 1 key so I could play more than once every 2-3 days. Please don't hoard them.

Active duty members should get free keys to be sure mate, them before anyone says i

Back