Tip Try not to hog keys

Drew

Honorable Pirate
Hey everyone! With the new update out, anyone can get a key. But, you can also get more than one. If you already have one and you want to get a key for your friend, great. But for your own sake do not hoard them. I would say have 3 keys at the absolute max. I've talked to a staff member who has said that they are looking into the issue of the hoarding of the keys. This more than likely will be a bannable offense. I just wanted to warn everyone before they went crazy collecting tons of keys. If you don't already have one, good luck!

I like that suggestion, Proto. Maybe that feature will be added after they have Beta running a bit more stable than it is now. They have a lot on their hands at the moment, so I wouldn't expect it in the near future. I may be wrong, though, since they've certainly surprised me before, so don't quote me on that. :p

Thats kind of ridiculous if this is a bannable offense. If theres no safeguard in order to keep people from hoarding keys, then thats something that needs to be incorporated into the game, but the players shouldn't be punished for collecting in-game codes to give to friends or use for giveaways. That being said, I agree with you that hoarding should be prevented. HOWEVER, if a player has the intention of doing giveaways either on here or wherever (which I personally want to do with the keys I find), I don't think its so wrong for them to "hoard" keys that they plan to soon release back into the community. Just my two cents.

Perhaps there should be something in the game's code that doesn't yield keys for members who have a key already, not only would this solve hoarding but it would make it easier for those who do not have a key to find one.
I agree with Proto. Folks fortunate enough to already have a key should not be put in a position to hoard more.
The scale is already tipped as the majority of us are limited to playing once for 3 hours every day or two and don't have the 24/7 access advantage to search and plunder as we please.

It seems quite pointless to allow people with a beta key to be able to get more, because they can access the game all day and dig all day if they really wanted to, whereas we only have 3 hours

It seems quite pointless to allow people with a beta key to be able to get more, because they can access the game all day and dig all day if they really wanted to, whereas we only have 3 hours
This generous gift of possibly finding a key, updated in the last minutes of my 3 hour time slot. Unfortunately, I could not log back in. I then waited for my time slot to finish, and rushed to schedule a new play time, 2:00 a.m. this morning. By 3:30 a.m. still unable to log in, I gave up and cancelled the balance of my time slot, and rescheduled a new playtime...7:00 a.m. tomorrow (Saturday). I hope to log in successfully and hunt for a key.
All this being said, I agree the scales are unbalanced for those of us who rely on time slots and trouble free log-in's. However, I remain optimistic and excited to search for a key! May fair winds, good cheer, and a pirates luck help us find the elusive key!

Perhaps there should be something in the game's code that doesn't yield keys for members who have a key already, not only would this solve hoarding but it would make it easier for those who do not have a key to find one.
I really like that. It bugs me A LOT that people can get beta keys when they already have one.......

Hey everyone! With the new update out, anyone can get a key. But, you can also get more than one. If you already have one and you want to get a key for your friend, great. But for your own sake do not hoard them. I would say have 3 keys at the absolute max. I've talked to a staff member who has said that they are looking into the issue of the hoarding of the keys. This more than likely will be a bannable offense. I just wanted to warn everyone before they went crazy collecting tons of keys. If you don't already have one, good luck!
I am always curious when someone says they spoke to "a staff member" but doesnt name them. What staff member told you this? (if you could please send a pm it would be appreciated) I would be surprised if it's bannable, because it was implemented into the game for all to try.

I do agree that people should not hoard them, and encourage those who have extra keys to please look to the forums or irc, for members of the community who are positive contributing members. That's what I would do :)

I am always curious when someone says they spoke to "a staff member" but doesnt name them. What staff member told you this? (if you could please send a pm it would be appreciated) I would be surprised if it's bannable, because it was implemented into the game for all to try.

I do agree that people should not hoard them, and encourage those who have extra keys to please look to the forums or irc, for members of the community who are positive contributing members. That's what I would do :)
Last night there were a bunch of district resets. Usually the rule is 1 key per district per hour, however in the event of a district reset, the key for that district becomes available again--even if it hasn't been an hour. Those servers were resetting every 5 minutes. I was able to get a couple keys strategically using this method. Just like you mentioned, I have no intention to hoard them, instead I'm looking out for positive people on IRC and PF to give these away to. For this reason, I'm all for people scooping up as many keys as they want to put the time into finding them, so long as they don't just make like 5 accounts but instead give them away to the community.

Last night there were a bunch of district resets. Usually the rule is 1 key per district per hour, however in the event of a district reset, the key for that district becomes available again--even if it hasn't been an hour. Those servers were resetting every 5 minutes. I was able to get a couple keys strategically using this method. Just like you mentioned, I have no intention to hoard them, instead I'm looking out for positive people on IRC and PF to give these away to. For this reason, I'm all for people scooping up as many keys as they want to put the time into finding them, so long as they don't just make like 5 accounts but instead give them away to the community.

An update was pushed earlier today to patch this. In addition, keys will now be made available every two hours instead of one.

Unrelated, but any idea if the enemy aggression will be tuned?
They're a work in progress, the developers are working to make them as effective as possible. So yes, they will continue to be worked on with a priority status.

I don't see why this would be a bannable offense. If they are lucky to get several they shouldn't be punished for that.

To me, I don't think it should be a bannable offense. Sure it's rude and greedy, but it shouldn't be bannable. If I were to get an extra key, I would definitely host a contest of some sort.

To me, I don't think it should be a bannable offense. Sure it's rude and greedy, but it shouldn't be bannable. If I were to get an extra key, I would definitely host a contest of some sort.
I 100% agree. I just wanted to warn people to because there are probably a few people out there with like 8 keys....

Gosh people are getting more than 1? I can't even snag 1! Lol. But good point, sharing is caring whether with your friends/family or hosting some sort of contest for fellow forum mates. Whatever you please of course but to just keep them not in use would be a shame.

:2 cents:

I agree. I would be THRILLED to get just one!

Back