Announcement Update from Facebook

The idea of this suggestion was a precedent of the next idea. I suppose they were meant to go hand in hand. However, "not launching this [month, week, year]" is better defined than "not launching at this present moment" (essentially what is being said now) because of the longer period of time the statement clarifies.

Suppose you have a man, he will be killed at some less than certain time in the future. Now, which statement will sit better with this man? One such as "you will not be killed in the next three seconds", or "you will not be killed in the next three weeks".
It's obviously the latter, right? It's because you've clearly defined what is DEFINITELY GOING TO HAPPEN for a longer period of time. It sits better with the community.

As for the concrete date of June 16, the same concept applies. "You will definitely not be killed until June 16, at which point you may die at any given time." It provides a sense of assurance, something to cling to until that date. The community can only cling to a statement such as "not launching at the present moment" for the next day at best.

Stretch the interval of definiate information the communtiy has.

Rather than repeat myself for a third time just to get the point across, I leave you with this:

https://piratesforums.co/threads/brief-update.18146/

Have a good day pirate, and let's not compare us updating you on the game to a man being executed - alright? Alright.

The idea of this suggestion was a precedent of the next idea. I suppose they were meant to go hand in hand. However, "not launching this [month, week, year]" is better defined than "not launching at this present moment" (essentially what is being said now) because of the longer period of time the statement clarifies.

Suppose you have a man, he will be killed at some less than certain time in the future. Now, which statement will sit better with this man? One such as "you will not be killed in the next three seconds", or "you will not be killed in the next three weeks".
It's obviously the latter, right? It's because you've clearly defined what is DEFINITELY GOING TO HAPPEN for a longer period of time. It sits better with the community.

As for the concrete date of June 16, the same concept applies. "You will definitely not be killed until June 16, at which point you may die at any given time." It provides a sense of assurance, something to cling to until that date. The community can only cling to a statement such as "not launching at the present moment" for the next day at best.

Stretch the interval of definite information the communtiy has.

Here's something for you. The game may be done tomorrow, it may be done next week, it may never come out at all. Feel better?

This isn't some huge corporation with lots of staff, tightly scheduled deadlines and a hefty PR department to word everything to your individual satisfaction.. It's a few (young) people trying to cobble together a game for us to enjoy. They may not be able to give any deadline. If they do, they may not be able to meet it cause stuff happens. Check once in a while to see if it's up, and find something else to occupy yourself if you really can't stand the way TLOPO is being run. Or, better yet, YOU create the game for us and do it the way you think it should be done.

I like to talk a lot, it's how I stay sane. The posted replies are trimmed down versions ;). Hope you have a nice evening pirate!
I like to think I had a hand in inspiring the Brief Update. XD, very nice. But, it still lacks a graspable thing, as it applies to when the game will relaunch. It DOES give concrete information about what's happened, like pirates were transferred successfully (good info, but we had complete faith in you). However, your community does not understand how this all fits into a timeline. What took the longest? How long do these gameplay elements take in comparison to how long it took to transfer pirates?

You've given us an equation, hugely appreciated, but just not quite all the variables.

I like to think I had a hand in inspiring the Brief Update. XD, very nice. But, it still lacks a graspable thing, as it applies to when the game will relaunch. It DOES give concrete information about what's happened, like pirates were transferred successfully (good info, but we had complete faith in you). However, your community does not understand how this all fits into a timeline. What took the longest? How long do these gameplay elements take in comparison to how long it took to transfer pirates?

You've given us an equation, hugely appreciated, but just not quite all the variables.

Apologies, but you didn't, no :p.

You've gotten your update, the rest is trivial information that would not help you whatsoever. If you want to know the fine details of development to that extent, then you should try developing your own game - you'll see very quickly why that kind of request is fairly unreasonable ;).

Also, by what community are you referring to? I only see you posting about that. Everyone else seems pretty content with the update :)

Apologies, but you didn't, no :p.

You've gotten your update, the rest is trivial information that would not help you whatsoever. If you want to know the fine details of development to that extent, then you should try developing your own game - you'll see very quickly why that kind of request is fairly unreasonable ;).

Also, by what community are you referring to? I only see you posting about that. Everyone else seems pretty content with the update :)
Lol go ahead and plop me and my community into the "pretty content" category. And I still think I was <Quote> 1-99% <endQuote> responsible XD. I'm just a guy who likes a little bit more order thrown into the mix of chaos.
I get it, I've always gotten it. It takes time. Notice my lack of "GET THIS OUT FASTER". I don't care, I just humbly ask for more insight from people whom I believe are reachable.

Once again please do not use the term...."your community", when it is you (and only you) asking the question!

Lol go ahead and plop me and my community into the "pretty content" category. And I still think I was <Quote> 1-99% <endQuote> responsible XD. I'm just a guy who likes a little bit more order thrown into the mix of chaos.
I get it, I've always gotten it. It takes time. Notice my lack of "GET THIS OUT FASTER". I don't care, I just humbly ask for more insight from people whom I believe are reachable.

Your community consists of one person from what I'm seeing. You were 0% responsible, sorry if that comes off as rude, but we do not base our decisions around one person :p.

You were not humbly asking, you were demanding rather aggressively in all of your posts and beating a dead horse after the first reply.

Look I get it, you're salty. You have that right. But would you please speak for yourself and stop phrasing your posts as though you speak for the community? Your thoughts are yours.
The same could be said about what you have just said.

YOUR thoughts are yours.

A path such as this leads to the void.
<Discussion terminated>

Your community consists of one person from what I'm seeing. You were 0% responsible, sorry if that comes off as rude, but we do not base our decisions around one person :p.

You were not humbly asking, you were demanding rather aggressively in all of your posts and beating a dead horse after the first reply.
It's interesting how you feel a need to address my invisible community. A psychoanalysis for another day.

Whatever the cause, thank you for the update, this is what I was looking-ish for.

Sorry for seemingly harassing you guys; I really do love what you're doing, and I understand your restraints. As stated above, I just don't enjoy feeling like I've been kicked to the curb, ordered to constantly check for a train that might not come for a year. "Apologies" for feeling that way.

Thank you for the update
<Discussion terminated>

It's interesting how you feel a need to address my invisible community. A psychoanalysis for another day.

Whatever the cause, thank you for the update, this is what I was looking-ish for.

Sorry for seemingly harassing you guys; I really do love what you're doing, and I understand your restraints. As stated above, I just don't enjoy feeling like I've been kicked to the curb, ordered to constantly check for a train that might not come for a year. "Apologies" for feeling that way.

Thank you for the update
<Discussion terminated>

Didn't know you had a license and degree to psychoanalyze me through a forum. Freud would be impressed at anyone that could do that, I'm sure :p.

I addressed it because you kept quoting it, but had no evidence to back it up. You were not kicked to the curb, nor was anyone. This marks the sixth major update we've given on progress including a 4 hour livestream which gave a general time-frame, two blog posts, two facebook posts, and now a forums post. We've been trying our best not to leave anyone in the dark.

Hope you have a great evening pirate! Fair winds.

I feel bad for the devs and the TLOPO team because they are working on their free time and still are getting slapped on the face.
Just wanted to thank everyone who is helping in the progress of this game ^^
It's just the loud minority. And no one is slapping anyone in the face. It's not what they're doing, it's how they're doing it. We all want the game back, it's just that some people see flaws in the system and would like for them to be fixed. It's all in the details that create the bigger picture.

I feel bad for the devs and the TLOPO team because they are working on their free time and still are getting slapped on the face.
Just wanted to thank everyone who is helping in the progress of this game ^^

Thank you for the kind words! Honestly, we're not too bothered by it, it's just a small few that are being silly gooses. We've received an overwhelming amount of love and support from the community, and we do this for you guys - you all mean the world to us, and we're trying our hardest to pay it all back in full - even if we're not the most talkative at times. And hey, if you could see how hard everyone works, then the silence would make a lot more sense at times. :)

It's just the loud minority. And no one is slapping anyone in the face. It's not what they're doing, it's how they're doing it. We all want the game back, it's just that some people see flaws in the system and would like for them to be fixed. It's all in the details that create the bigger picture.

I do agree with this actually. We don't mind constructive criticism, it helps us grow as a team, but it's just the way in which they're doing it that's a little... stand-offish. We do have our reasons we do things, even if it seems a bit silly to others at times!

Back