What happened to skull chest loot?

Does loot need to be changed? AGAIN? Are you getting terrible loot?

• Yes

Votes: 43 76.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No no... You don't understand at all what I'm getting at with this thread. I'm trying to say that skull chests are completely out of whack, giving a common weapon and other junk 9 times out of 10. I totally agree with you that you have to work for something. I'm not at all saying that skulls should be giving you a famed nearly every time. But what they're currently giving 9 times out of 10 is unacceptable. Its always a terrible common + a tiny bit of gold and sometimes a card or two. That's not skull chest loot. Skulls can give out commons but the rate they are giving them at is unbelievable high.
View attachment 93650

View attachment 93651

View attachment 93652

Nah man Im just joking I was mostly making fun of myself from a conversation I had on the "Why trading is bad" thread. Anyway, no dude I totally understand it rattles the bones to grind your garr off for loot as usual and all of a sudden all that effort is wasted because the loot drops have been nerfed in to oblivion.

I will however stand by my idea on the loot skull chests. Make a loot skull chest as scarce of a drop as famed and legendaries are now but have them guarantee at least 1 random famed with a rare chance at a legendary. That way in Scenario A) You're grinding, you're grinding, your grinding and then a Wild Skull Loot Chest appears making you wonder if you're gonna get a useful famed from it or if you're gonna win the lottery and snatch up a legendary. There's a reason why there are Loot Pouches, Loot Chests and then Loot Skull Chests, the Skull chest is supposed to have some good stuff inside, right? I mean why else would they make a really cool-looking chest with a neat sound that plays when it drops or you open it? I agree that ya shouldn't be getting Loot Pouch items in a Loot Skull Chest.

So far while playing and just looting for about 2 weeks i've gotten only 4 rares (this is non stop fyi) darkhart, other bosses, etc. are just considered dry at this point. The only decent and easy way to get fames are loot runs on sea. (Where all 4 came from)

While I agree that skull chest loot is garbage most of the time, (worse than it should be) this has always been the case. At least for me, I always got this kind of junk in POTCO and now here in TLOPO

So far while playing and just looting for about 2 weeks i've gotten only 4 rares (this is non stop fyi) darkhart, other bosses, etc. are just considered dry at this point. The only decent and easy way to get fames are loot runs on sea. (Where all 4 came from)

While I agree that skull chest loot is garbage most of the time, (worse than it should be) this has always been the case. At least for me, I always got this kind of junk in POTCO and now here in TLOPO
This was not the case back before the loot update

Attachments

• screenshot_2017-09-04_00-44-56.jpg
    screenshot_2017-09-04_00-44-56.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 107
  • screenshot_2017-10-16_23-10-23.jpg
    screenshot_2017-10-16_23-10-23.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 81
I've been lucky enough to find multiple famed weapons (many of which were in skull chests). But more often than not Loot Skull Chests give loot of no worth.

I have posted many times on the trash loot skulls thread and know that there is still a problem even after they changed the way the loot worked. It's not an urgent fix in my opinion, but certainly one that needs to be done eventually.

I think the loot rate is fine now, I have gotten a few famed since the change (maybe I'm just lucky). Getting a skull chest, at the current drop rate, should not and does not grant an amazing weapon or item all the time. If it were to, the drop rate of a skull chest would have to be reduced so it's more rewarding when one spawns.

I agree, skulls should not give nearly as many commons as they do. Perhaps to alleviate this, make skulls drop a bunch more gold, perhaps upwards of 1000 (at max).

What sort of change did you guys have in mind?

I think the loot rate is fine now, I have gotten a few famed since the change (maybe I'm just lucky). Getting a skull chest, at the current drop rate, should not and does not grant an amazing weapon or item all the time. If it were to, the drop rate of a skull chest would have to be reduced so it's more rewarding when one spawns.

I agree, skulls should not give nearly as many commons as they do. Perhaps to alleviate this, make skulls drop a bunch more gold, perhaps upwards of 1000 (at max).

What sort of change did you guys have in mind?
I just don't think they should drop commons. Whenever I see a skull with at least a rare, I consider that a success. There should be rarity floors for different tiers of loot drops. Perhaps the rates of loot would have to be adjusted to balance with some kind of minimum rarity setting, but I'd rather have that than get my hopes up with a common tier skull chest.

Back