Question What's happened to the game updates?

Nick Hexskull

Dockworker
Hey, so I've been playing the game for a couple months now and I noticed the updates really slowed down this month. Last month there were 3 updates, in March there were 8, and in February there were 15! It's been almost a month since the last update so I was just wondering if they are working on some of the big bugs like fixing sailing items, cannon defense, incorrect damage numbers, extra items for the Raven's Cove quest (learned about that one the hard way), or maybe the Guiding Light?

P.S. Why are the forums on a different site that makes me use a different account? I always thought this was really inconvenient.

Hey, so I've been playing the game for a couple months now and I noticed the updates really slowed down this month. Last month there were 3 updates, in March there were 8, and in February there were 15! It's been almost a month since the last update so I was just wondering if they are working on some of the big bugs like fixing sailing items, cannon defense, incorrect damage numbers, extra items for the Raven's Cove quest (learned about that one the hard way), or maybe the Guiding Light?

P.S. Why are the forums on a different site that makes me use a different account? I always thought this was really inconvenient.
They're likely busy frying bigger fish-a good portion of the game is already completed. There's also the fact that many of those updates were simply patches or improvements not previously made, eventually you run out of things to improve. I couldn't say for sure as it has been a while since I have played, let alone browsed this site. #FinallyGotALife?

The Forums is at least double the age of TLOPO, as it was created back when POTCO was still around. After POTCO shut down the Forums remained open, but TLOPO hadn't existed at the time. In fact, back then there was very little idea of what to do next. Several projects sprang up including, but not limited to: POL (Pirates of Legend..?), another remake (Pirates Online Rewritten), BFO (Black Flag Online), among others. Fierece competition, odd ping pong showdowns, and immaturity ensued until eventually TLOPO emerged above the rest. Eventually along the way a partnership was formed. There's also the fact that the website for TLOPO and physical game likely wouldn't mesh very well with forum software this site uses if it were something to be pursued.

Anyone else notice we aren't groggy after being sent to jail lately?
Yes, was fooling around with a Rage Ghost a couple of days ago which landed me in the slammer a few times and no groggy. I've noticed a lack of grogginess off and on throughout Beta to be honest but I did specifically notice it 2 days ago.

Still no Release Notes from yesterday, was that a launcher update or a game update? I definitely saw my files being updated during launch.

Yes, was fooling around with a Rage Ghost a couple of days ago which landed me in the slammer a few times and no groggy. I've noticed a lack of grogginess off and on throughout Beta to be honest but I did specifically notice it 2 days ago.
Like everything else in beta, it's been sporadic.
Isn't there talk about a large update immanent?

I'm sure you guy are at Lvl 50. When you reach to Lvl 50, you are no longer groggy, it normal.
And no, there was no update, it happen when you crash a lot.

I'm sure you guy are at Lvl 50. When you reach to Lvl 50, you are no longer groggy, it normal.
And no, there was no update, it happen when you crash a lot.
Yes, I play at lvl 50 but no, it's not a game feature that lvl 50 players are not groggy. I have seen the groggy bug quite a few times off and on throughout Beta. Sorry we are drifting off topic here a bit, let me bring us back: when I launched yesterday my files updated for sure, I didn't care to read the fine print but it was definitely updating file 1 of 1 which leads me to believe that there was an update of some sort. It may have been a Mac specific update to the launcher?

Yes, I play at lvl 50 but no, it's not a game feature that lvl 50 players are not groggy. I have seen the groggy bug quite a few times off and on throughout Beta. Sorry we are drifting off topic here a bit, let me bring us back: when I launched yesterday my files updated for sure, I didn't care to read the fine print but it was definitely updating file 1 of 1 which leads me to believe that there was an update of some sort. It may have been a Mac specific update to the launcher?
Yes, sorry about that, my bad. But what officially denotes an update? I see many files loading all the time when logging on, both win and mac.
I'm not sure that cleaning up code, fixing minor bugs is an upgrade. IDK.

Launcher version is still v1.3.0 as it has been and Server version is still v1.13.0 as it has been so there definitely hasn't been any update to the game. Might've been a bug or something mac specific (I'm on Windows so I wouldn't know), but the game definitely wasn't updated.

There must have been a small bug fix or something with the update & no you do Not get groggy after you reach level 50 in game... there is a glitch occasionally for lower levels where you don't get groggy though for some reason.

Figured I would drop this by...
Screenshot (209).png

Ok, I was wrong about no longer being groggy not being a feature, all apologies, I'd forgotten that. I still think that there was and maybe still is a bug where low lvl players don't get groggy sometimes.

There must have been a small bug fix or something with the update & no you do Not get groggy after you reach level 50 in game... there is a glitch occasionally for lower levels where you don't get groggy though for some reason.
Aye, one of the perks of attaining a lvl 50 pirate eh? Never knew this. Thanks.

Back