Question What's happened to the game updates?

Sometimes updates do bring on other problems. I didn't know we couldn't express there was a problem with an update. At the same time lately many of us that have reported problems are not seeing updates lately to fix the issues. What ever the problem is, if the devs are on vacation, doing finals, putting things on the back burner that need fixing or not being able to find fixes for things whatever it is...it would just be nice to have more communication as to why things aren't being fixed. I have one character that has had a problem for many months and have questioned a few times about a fix and all I am told is they appreciate my patience. If they would just say, we have that on a back burner it is not relevant to us at this time to fix it or we don't think that can be fixed, something to let us know would be nice. This is not meant to be disrespectful, I just see where some people are growing impatient and yes I know it is beta. But at this point, there is talk being circulated that because there have been so few updates that maybe the game has been abandoned in getting it out of beta. I think the lack of communication is what drives this and concerns me because I love this game.

It definitely hasn't been abandoned. If you have a look at the release notes, the releases are still pretty regular. There was a little while between v1.13.0 and v1.4.0, but the update was fairly substantial so the overall pacing isn't really much different. I could understand how TLOPO bug triaging might feel opaque though. You might not always see fixes for the bugs you feel are most pressing, but bugs are being fixed. In all honesty there's just a lot of bugs and only so much time and energy.

Thx Davy. I understand there are a lot of issues. But I think better communication would alleviate peoples concerns. I know this is part time work for the devs, it isn't their job, so I personally understand their time is not all on the game. Like I said before this was not meant to be disrespectful but people are talking and I thought they should know it.

Last edited:
They're likely busy frying bigger fish-a good portion of the game is already completed. There's also the fact that many of those updates were simply patches or improvements not previously made, eventually you run out of things to improve. I couldn't say for sure as it has been a while since I have played, let alone browsed this site. #FinallyGotALife?

Lol, fish bigger than fixing things back to how they were in the POTCO era and THEN moving forward with new content?

I agree with rose, a little communication could go a long way. I wish they would tell us what they are working on before releasing it or do opinion polls so they can get a better understanding of what the community wants. As for me I think they should fix things before adding things, I don't really see the point of adding a private parlor and new music while sailing items don't work and the looting system is still really buggy

Why can't we just appreciate the work and effort they all put into this?
I have said many times I appreciate what they have done with the game. Just because we make a suggestion for better communication doesn't mean we do not appreciate what has been done. I expressed my opinion because people are talking and wondering. I don't see where better communication with the community would not be helpful and I don't believe I should be chastised for making the suggestion as if I don't appreciate what has been done.

Back