Discussion What's your favorite book?

SHERLOCK-AMAZON-r-h1200-q100-m1398913599.jpg

That's a hard question for me to answer...I have too many favorites that I can't name just one. I can name one I don't like right now....a public health nursing schoolbook. Blah!☠️ It'll be the death of me if I don't pass this test for it tomorrow.
Missed passing this stupid test by three points!!!! I had to have an 80...made a 77. Really? So frustrated.

:reading:
My favorite book has got to be "The Heroes" by Joe Abercrombie. This is a stand alone book, taken from the same universe of his main book series "The First Law" that delves into the atrocities of war in a fantasy setting. So if you are going to read his books there are two things you should know: 1. Be sure to read them in order of release (This includes the stand alone books because they do spoil some of the main books) 2. His writing is extremely dark and not for everyone, however I couldn't help but fall in love with his writing style; every character has a complex personality. (My favorite character being Glokta, you can't help but pity him despite his dark occupation and manner.)
10834872._UY200_.jpg

If you don't like darker writing styles, I would recommend "The Rangers Apprentice" by John Flanagan. Despite being marketed as a kids novel, I still love it to this day. (Although, I suppose that could just be nostalgia talking since it was the first book series I really fell in love with.)
Rangers+Apprentice.jpg

Last edited:
Mine would have to be "Battleship Bismarck" by Mullenheim Rechberg, who was a survivor when it was sunk. It particularly interests me because during World War II, the Bismarck was the most sophisticated ship of its kind.
upload_2017-1-5_20-28-39-jpeg.75855
(The Bismarck, named after Otto Von Bismarck)
The book is written by one of the survivors of it, so it gives a firsthand experience of what this battleship was like and how it operated. It details some of it's construction, the crew, the maiden voyage, the sinking of the HMS Hood, as well as how the battleship was tracked and finally destroyed by a fleet of British Royal Navy vessels as well as the British Royal Air Force.
upload_2017-1-5_20-30-34-jpeg.75857
(The HMS Hood, which was destroyed by the Bismarck)

upload_2017-1-5_20-32-40-jpeg.75858
(The HMS Dorsetshire, which sank the Bismarck)

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-5_20-28-35.jpeg
    upload_2017-1-5_20-28-35.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 219
  • upload_2017-1-5_20-28-39.jpeg
    upload_2017-1-5_20-28-39.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 493
  • upload_2017-1-5_20-30-34.jpeg
    upload_2017-1-5_20-30-34.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 442
  • upload_2017-1-5_20-32-40.jpeg
    upload_2017-1-5_20-32-40.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 455
Mine would have to be "Battleship Bismarck" by Mullenheim Rechberg, who was a survivor when it was sunk. It particularly interests me because during World War II, the Bismarck was the most sophisticated ship of its kind.
upload_2017-1-5_20-28-39-jpeg.75855
(The Bismarck, named after Otto Von Bismarck)
The book is written by one of the survivors of it, so it gives a firsthand experience of what this battleship was like and how it operated. It details some of it's construction, the crew, the maiden voyage, the sinking of the HMS Hood, as well as how the battleship was tracked and finally destroyed by a fleet of British Royal Navy vessels as well as the British Royal Air Force.
upload_2017-1-5_20-30-34-jpeg.75857
(The HMS Hood, which was destroyed by the Bismarck)

upload_2017-1-5_20-32-40-jpeg.75858
(The HMS Dorsetshire, which sank the Bismarck)

My grandfather served aboard the USS Iowa. My dream is to someday be able to see it. It was one of the bigger, more sophisticated ships as well. It's currently docked in L.A. It's on my bucket list of things to do. She's a pretty and very big ship!

Can't say I really have a favorite book to be quite honest with you. However, I'd really like to read Ulysses by James Joyce.

Considering I only read every once in a blue moon, the latest book I've read was...

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

I dont think i could choose a favorite but my favorite authors are Terry Pratchett, Clive Cussler, Dean Koonz and Stephen King

Back