Workaround White Screen Fix/Workaround

Had a feeling you were going to say Intel Graphics... Best I can say is make sure your drivers are up to date. Intel Graphics and TLOPO (since PYP) don't seem to play nice together, when it comes to this particular thing. If you had said desktop, I'd say see if you could grab a cheap nVidia or Radeon card to throw in, but that's not exactly an option on a laptop.
I agree as it's starting to look more like that issue. When updating the computer drivers, it's important to remove tlopo completely, update the computer, then relaunch the newest tlopo from the site. Sometimes the order of updates is a factor depending on how a 3rd party reads and stores data when it loads. Might as well start with a fresh Tlopo, it wouldn't hurt.

And a cheap/expensive nvidia or radeon gpu? There isn't many choices is there? Just the two biggies and every other 3rd party card uses their chipsets. Another thing is, do we know if tlopo is optimized for SLI or multi gpu's?

No wonder I never had this issue. I’ve been playing with the sound off since very early beta because I couldn’t stay connected with the sound on back then and I never went back to sound when that issue was fixed as I discovered I liked it better without sound, lol

No wonder I never had this issue. I’ve been playing with the sound off since very early beta because I couldn’t stay connected with the sound on back then and I never went back to sound when that issue was fixed as I discovered I liked it better without sound, lol
My gaming issues have been negligible. But I run a AMD and nvidia card. With sound off as well. But I turned sound on as tests and I still didn't have problems. There are so many MB and MB configurations, I'm always amazed anything runs including Microsoft solitaire.

Had a feeling you were going to say Intel Graphics... Best I can say is make sure your drivers are up to date. Intel Graphics and TLOPO (since PYP) don't seem to play nice together, when it comes to this particular thing. If you had said desktop, I'd say see if you could grab a cheap nVidia or Radeon card to throw in, but that's not exactly an option on a laptop.
Is the team working on a fix for this? I have missed out on all the double rewards and such since the update.

My gaming issues have been negligible. But I run a AMD and nvidia card. With sound off as well. But I turned sound on as tests and I still didn't have problems. There are so many MB and MB configurations, I'm always amazed anything runs including Microsoft solitaire.
As far as crashing goes, I also have not had much trouble since they fixed the infinite loading screen bug that manifested when you ported a ship. Bug wise, I see plenty of bugs every time I play.

Is the team working on a fix for this? I have missed out on all the double rewards and such since the update.

Yes, they are aware of it, hence why the original bug thread is also still going. Originally this thread was for the disable audio workaround, that /should/ have also been fixed by now (but mines still off anyway, since I don't really play with sound as is, I figured better not risk it).

Although I do wish they would post a list of what they're aware of bug wise. While it's nice to read the patch notes and see that they squashed some of them, it doesn't feel as satisfying when you don't know it needed squashing in the first place.

I think goes back to earlier in the thread - "Disney's originally lazy programming" - They probably originally made some direct hardware calls for rendering or processing or something... Windows has a thing in it, called the HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer), that is what all software /should/ talk to when asking to play a sound, or render some graphics, or really... do anything. It's the HAL that makes it so, as a software programmer, you shouldn't HAVE to worry about what hardware the end-user has. Making direct hardware calls bypasses the HAL, and as such, opens the door to mishaps based on certain hardware configs vs other configs.

This is still an issue unfortunately (even with audio off) and is holding me up on a few quests I'd love to complete! It always happens in caves.

Try this?

So, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit (as an experienced tech), but I've fixed this by uninstalling my display and audio drivers and downloading newer ones from Dell's website. This computer has an Intel UHD Graphics 620 gpu and Realtek soundcard. Windows and the Dell updater app both said drivers were up to date, however, I found newer ones from 2020 and installed them. No more white screen issues! Just a solid reminder to not believe the Windows Update utility (or any other utility really) and to always check the manufacturer's website for newer drivers. Time to smash all the cave quests!

Back