Weapons Why Finding The New Legendary Cursed Seems "Impossible"

Do you think the TLOPO team should...

• just tell us how to get the new Legendary.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • give us a new hint on how to find the New Legendary Cursed every week.

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • leave it as a Mystery.

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Here is my 2 cents on the matter on this "Mystery" as someone who's been looting since TLOPO's release and has personally tested EVERY POSSIBLE METHOD. To find the new Legendary Blades.

I've organized my reasoning behind this with 3 reasons why I think the new legendary are hurting the game more than they are helping, as well as why I think it is truly impossible to solve this mystery "With the tools we were given".

First - Lack of Information) Unless you get more information from the developers this mystery of the new legendary blades will never be solved. (FACT) - There is too many possible theories and methods that can be tried, as well as having no direction of what needs to be done... not to mention we have a very SMALL population for a MMO... and some mysteries on games take years, sometimes decades to find! The developers in my opinion need to give us a hint, or provide more information to at least 'lower' frustration within the game... which leads to my 2nd problem.

Second - Killing The Race To All Legendary) What if someone already HAS found out how to get the new legendary cursed, and has not TOLD anyone. - Then we have this 1-2 people who are farming 'correctly' to have a CHANCE at finding the new legendary.... while every other dedicated looter is left puzzled and unable to even have a fair standing in the RACE to all legendary. This will not only cause drama if they choose to show it off and not tell, but also create a feel of 'unfair advantage' over other players... (Which personally as a looter, I find greatly hurtful... but I will not go to much into that.)

Third - Why Avoid Conventional Looting?) Let's say we do find the new legendary blades, and there is some 'crazy' non-conventional way of looting to get the new legendary. Would that be what we all play TLOPO for? I honestly think looting is the most 'iconic' part of TLOPO (That may just be me as a competitive looter) However, with this new 'style' of looting... or if it's even looting at ALL. Would you like the idea of it?... I personally feel like it is a little unnecessary idea from the start.... more less making it a mystery on top of it.... with how LOW the drop rate is for Legendary Cursed..... it's not something the community can test easily :/

Lastly, I've given up on this hunt for theses legendary... the idea behind them being impossibly hard make the game interesting and exciting because you always KNEW you had a CHANCE to get something.... at any given moment you get see them RED LETTERS! ... but with this update... I feel like the community just feels frustration looting. Having the questions in the back of your mind consistently saying...

"Am I wasting my time looting the 'wrong' way...?"
"Why do I even bother looting if I can't find 6 of the 13 legendary...?"
"Why would I look for the new legendary if I can't even find one of the old Legendary...?"

I do want to stress though, I hold no hate, finger pointing, or anger at the developers of the TLOPO team in anyway. I just am giving my honest input on how I personally feel about this release and the effects I think it is having on this community. The team is NOT to blame for this issue, it is just a problem they could not have predicted that has unfortunately occurred.

Its RNG. Theres no method and I doubt even the devs know much either. Youre either lucky or you're not, and for me this utter silliness. I wouldn never bother to get a legendary like that and waste hours upon hours and months. Much better things to do and bottom line the legendaries don't even look all that all desirable anymore. Would be better if they had a certain aura or effect around them, OR if they were craftable or components of them otherwise obtainable.

Anyways back to the topic..
- If they tell people how to get legendaries then it would defeat the purpose of it being a legendary.
-
If they leave it as a mystery people will just keep RNGing as they always have had and getting themselves burned out
- If they give hints the people might blame them for trying to make it easier and help

It is really a very tight situation lol

Its RNG. Theres no method and I doubt even the devs know much either. Youre either lucky or you're not, and for me this utter silliness. I wouldn never bother to get a legendary like that and waste hours upon hours and months. Much better things to do and bottom line the legendaries don't even look all that all desirable anymore. Would be better if they had a certain aura or effect around them, OR if they were craftable or components of them otherwise obtainable.

Anyways back to the topic..
- If they tell people how to get legendaries then it would defeat the purpose of it being a legendary.
-
If they leave it as a mystery people will just keep RNGing as they always have had and getting themselves burned out
- If they give hints the people might blame them for trying to make it easier and help

-It is really a very tight situation lol
People know how to get the other 5 Legendary Cursed? Are they defeating the purpose of it being a 'legendary'?

-Furthermore, they clearly did say "You cannot loot them in the conventional ways" as stated by Dentface. Therefore there is a type of 'method' or 'way' of looting to find them.

-The game has always been RNG farming to a certain degree... but that's just how POTCO is built? (However, that's certainly an off topic discussion to have elsewhere.)

(Edit) -
Also, I don't think anyone here is opposed to them giving 'hints' on how to find the new legendary... judging from the voting poll thus far.

-However, I do agree it is a sticky situation without a doubt.

Last edited:
People know how to get the other 5 Legendary Cursed? Are they defeating the purpose of it being a 'legendary'?

-Furthermore, they clearly did say "You cannot loot them in the conventional ways" as stated by Dentface. Therefore there is a type of 'method' or 'way' of looting to find them.

-The game has always been RNG farming to a certain degree... but that's just how POTCO is built? (However, that's certainly an off topic discussion to have elsewhere.)

(Edit) -
Also, I don't think anyone here is opposed to them giving 'hints' on how to find the new legendary... judging from the voting poll thus far.

-However, I do agree it is a sticky situation without a doubt.

Yeah, whatever it is, the legendaries have always been very hard to acquire imo and were never even that great.
If there is indeed some sort of method and assuming that the conventional ways are just RNG as you say, then it is obligatory to drop a hint in patch notes or somewhere like most games do. i.e. ''something ominous is happening in X location, go investigate'', stuff like that.

I can't understand why people are losing their minds over a couple of legendaries. No you cannot gain them by the normal looting way and it's a huge mystery for everyone. Have fun trying to figure out any possible easter egg steps that you have to complete in order to be able to loot these new weapons and so on.

Unless you get more information from the developers this mystery of the new legendary blades will never be solved. (FACT) - There is too many possible theories and methods that can be tried, as well as having no direction of what needs to be done... not to mention we have a very SMALL population for a MMO... and some mysteries on games take years, sometimes decades to find! The developers in my opinion need to give us a hint, or provide more information to at least 'lower' frustration within the game... which leads to my 2nd problem.

I do agree to a extend that some kind of hints / steps have to be given out for us to get started somewhere. Being a COD Zombies Easter Egg solver myself I can tell you me and many others always had something to start with. Maybe the clue is closer to us than we know but we're just looking beyond that point? Maybe it's literally infront of us but we're just not batting a eye to it? Maybe the developers / TLOPO staff want us to actually go on and search for any clues / hints / steps that may lead to the way of looting the new legendaries?

I honestly wouldn't know myself. Maybe there's no steps or anything after all and it's just RNG like we're used to but we still have to figure out the new technique.

What if someone already HAS found out how to get the new legendary cursed, and has not TOLD anyone. - Then we have this 1-2 people who are farming 'correctly' to have a CHANCE at finding the new legendary.... while every other dedicated looter is left puzzled and unable to even have a fair standing in the RACE to all legendary. This will not only cause drama if they choose to show it off and not tell, but also create a feel of 'unfair advantage' over other players... (Which personally as a looter, I find greatly hurtful... but I will not go to much into that.)

If several people already have one of the new legendaries then they are obviously doing something right. They are not obliged to let anyone know that they found any of the new legendaries nor does it in any way create a'unfair advantage' feel over others. They are just lucky and that's all.

Now I don't want to take any shots at you either but if you ( or anyone else for the matter ) find it greatly hurtful that there may be a few people out there already walking around with the new legendaries and you're not because you're having this 'unfair advantage' feeling since you and/or nobody else have figured out how to get them yet then it rather sounds like a 'They have the new legendaries and I do not so there is a problem!' cry which makes me think that this is affecting you on a personal level.

Any drama over this is caused by the player(s) who don't have the new weapons and them saying 'Oh it's so unfair!' is most likely just because of jealousy.

confirmation-png.102274

Sure the rewards of this new technique is RNG. It's not like this new technique will imediately award you with one of the six new legendaries. Nobody knows anything about this technique so far because nobody so far have figured anything out. We as a community have to find out about this together and maybe we will know rather soon than never.

The only thing that we can do at this point is to keep searching further and maybe we will come across anything soon? Maybe a hint or two that will give us a direction or a start to begin with? Only time will tell! ;)

I disagree with just about everything you have to say about this. You certainly have not tried every possible looting method. No one yet knows the secret to looting them so how could you possibly have any idea how difficult it is? I think it's awesome that there is this mystery and expect someone will solve it. If it goes more than a couple months then I would support more clues being released but at this point who's to say there aren't enough clues or that it's too difficult? I certainly strongly disagree that the mystery is hurting the game, the game is just as it was before except for a wonderful and mysterious addition. It's true that the first people to solve this will have an advantage but that is the case with everything in the game and once it's solved that advantage will not last long as even if they try to keep it secret others are sure to also solve it, it will come out.

Last edited:
I disagree with just about everything you have to say about this. You certainly have not tried every possible looting method. No one yet knows the secret to looting them so how could you possibly have any idea how difficult it is? I think it's awesome that there is this mystery and expect someone will solve it. If it goes more than a couple months then I would support more clues being released but at this point who's to say there aren't enough clues or that it's too difficult?
You should remember that Charles is among those guys who can stay 24/24 hours a day on and prob has played this game for longer than most of us have, thus is more experienced. We have tried MANY ways.

You should remember that Charles is among those guys who can stay 24/24 hours a day on and prob has played this game for longer than most of us have, thus is more experienced. We have tried MANY ways.
Yes, I'm very aware of Charles and his looting antics. He certainly is one of the best and most prolific looters in the game. That has nothing to do with my criticism of his post here. His statements that he has tried every possible method and they're impossible to find and will never be found are not only obviously wrong they are outrageous.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm very aware of Charles and his looting antics. He certainly is one of the best and most prolific looters in the game. That has nothing to do with my criticism of his post here.
"That has nothing to do with my criticism of his post here." Now let's examine that though for a moment. You say that within this 2 period week we couldn't tested so many ways? "He certainly is one of the best and most prolific looters in the game." Hmmm that doesn't seem to make sense, you contradicted yourself. Anyway, I am down for a clue :D

"That has nothing to do with my criticism of his post here." Now let's examine that though for a moment. You say that within this 2 period week we couldn't tested so many ways? "He certainly is one of the best and most prolific looters in the game." Hmmm that doesn't seem to make sense, you contradicted yourself. Anyway, I am down for a clue :D
No, there is no contradiction. The possibilities are almost infinite and even all the players collectively couldn't possibly have tried everything. A clue might be nice but I feel it's premature at this point.

No, there is no contradiction. The possibilities are almost infinite and even all the players collectively couldn't possibly have tried everything. A clue might be nice but I feel it's premature at this point.
Look, this is not WoW, the engine is not that complicated to allow an insane amount of steeps to aquire a legendary, it must be something relativly simple, that involves some RNG. So the "Infinite" possibilities are not that infinite at all due to the restrictions of coding, and the engine, sure you can make pretty much make any looting "tehnique" but it is very unlikely.

Look, this is not WoW, the engine is not that complicated to allow an insane amount of steeps to aquire a legendary, it must be something relativly simple, that involves some RNG. So the "Infinite" possibilities are not that infinite at all due to the restrictions of coding, and the engine, sure you can make pretty much any looting "tehnique" but it is very unlikely.
I will concede that infinite is far bigger than the actual number of possibilities, when I said that I meant far bigger than could possibly have been tried. The number of possibilities is still far more than anyone could hope to try in their life time.

I will concede that infinite is far bigger than the actual number of possibilities, when I said that I meant far bigger than could possibly have been tried. The number of possibilities is still far more than anyone could hope to try in their life time.
The point is there isn't much room at all for imagination in this...

Re
The point is there isn't much room at all for imagination in this...
Really? I think there have been lots of imaginative ideas already tried why would you think that? I feel very confident that there are clues designed to lead us to the answer and it will appear simple when it all comes out.

Ok, so, we "cannot loot them in the conventional ways", right.
What are the "conventional ways"?
  • Defeating land-based boss/enemy
  • Completing quest
  • Sinking enemy ship

Add/subtract/correct above, please...

So, now, what would be "unconventional"?
And how did some scruffy seadogs do it and live to tell the tale in a Cuba pub? Can't be that hard, right?

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth ~ Sherlock Holmes (ok, well, actually Arthur Conan Doyle)

Happy hunting, mates!

• Completing quest
  • Sinking enemy ship

And how did some scruffy seadogs do it and live to tell the tale in a Cuba pub? Can't be that hard, right?

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth ~ Sherlock Holmes (ok, well, actually Arthur Conan Doyle)

Happy hunting, mates!
Ehh... this is not the page trying to solve the mystery. This is discussing why we CAN'T discuss the topic with information we are given and... well I'm just re-saying what I posted at this point.

• Completing quest
  • Sinking enemy ship

Happy hunting, mates!
I think that they are cursed and so can only be looted on Tormenta or Raven's Cove. If that was not the case it would have been announced. I really think they meant you can't simply grind away killing as many high lvl enemies as fast as possible. Whether the secret is a hidden quest or some other way of unlocking them or an unconventional way of getting them directly I don't know.

Are the random bosses that pop once awhile still implemented? If so, could it be that we need to beat one of those? That would not be a normal everyday enemy...

Are the random bosses that pop once awhile still implemented? If so, could it be that we need to beat one of those? That would not be a normal everyday enemy...

No, they wouldn't be considered normal everyday enemies, however, they dont spawn in any cursed areas and therefore cannot drop cursed loot, and therefore can't drop the new legendaries.

Last edited:
Back